closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega and Patek Price Increase Coming

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyA View Post
    Ii was £3520, then £3680, now £3810. Can you tell I've got my eye on one ;)
    You better get moving - it will be at a price starting with a 4 next ;)

Also, don't expect much in the way of discount if you go to the Manchester boutique (seeing as you're in Lancashire). They were flabbergasted that I dare ask.

Craftsman
    Was in beaverbrooks today, they still had the Speedy @ £3680. Was very tempted to pick it up, but they wouldn't discount.
    Checked Chrono24 whilst in store & decided grey/pre-owned was the way to go

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by hchj View Post
    For Omega, 5% more from 1 May

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk
    Seamaster 300m went from £3600 to £3970... That's just a fraction over 9% increase.

I didn't know about the increase but bought mine from Dom on the 26th April. Wow I lucked out!

Master
    Omega are struggling to sell watches at current rrp, not sure its a wise strategy. Patek, well it’s patek, they can name a price from very expensive to slightly more.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Omega are struggling to sell watches at current rrp, not sure its a wise strategy. Patek, well it’s patek, they can name a price from very expensive to slightly more.
    With the Rolex “shortage” I beg to differ. ADs no longer discount omegas and people are now spending 5k on non grand seikos...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

Omega and Patek Price Increase Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    With the Rolex “shortage” I beg to differ. ADs no longer discount omegas and people are now spending 5k on non grand seikos...

ADs in London wouldn’t even discount zenith, doesn’t mean you can’t find them at well below retail at any number of greys

The shortage only applies to rolex sports, there’s plentiful of omegas sitting untouched of every model, you can get every iteration of omega planet ocean tomorrow at your Omega AD
    Last edited by ac11111; 15th May 2019 at 22:54.

Journeyman
    It looks all the prices of everything in life goes up :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    No 20% increase on the 5167. New price is £15100 I think, only had a quick glance at the new price list
    New price is £15110. Oops I was £10 off

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post

Who on earth is spending this money? Have people lost the concept of just walking out of a shop without buying?

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Who on earth is spending this money? Have people lost the concept of just walking out of a shop without buying?
    AFAIK, Omega discounts are not uncommon though not at Omega boutiques.

Master
    I was offered 10% in an Omega Boutique without asking. This was the week before the price rise.

Grand Master
    Don't have a Patek but great news re the Omegas going up.Makes my used seem a lot better value when I sell.

Lets have Rolex and Seiko keep up too......and the rest too hey.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 1st June 2019 at 11:40.

Master
    Fraser Hart in Maidstone had a Moonwatch in the window at £3520 on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    AFAIK, Omega discounts are not uncommon though not at Omega boutiques.
    It was more a general statement really, I just dont understand these endless threads about price increases as though customers dont have a choice when it comes to buying. Just walk out the shop and dont buy if the price is too high why go and buy some overpriced Seiko presage because you cant buy/find the watch you want? It just doesnt make any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Fraser Hart in Maidstone had a Moonwatch in the window at £3520 on Thursday.
    Is that cheap?

Master
    It was more a general statement really, I just dont understand these endless threads about price increases as though customers dont have a choice when it comes to buying. Just walk out the shop and dont buy if the price is too high why go and buy some overpriced Seiko presage because you cant buy/find the watch you want? It just doesnt make any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that cheap?
    They now seem to be at £3810. My Moonwatch was £3520 last August.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    They now seem to be at £3810. My Moonwatch was £3520 last August.
    Wow, were they not about £2800 three years ago?

Master
    When I first looked at one, in 2008, they were £1600 & a no date sub was around £3000.

Craftsman
    £2,880 in 2015 but that was the pre big box version. The big box version started at about £3.4-£3.5k I think.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Don't have a Patek but great news re the Omegas going up.Makes my used seem a lot better value when I sell.

Lets have Rolex and Seiko keep up too......and the rest too hey.
    Not sure if that was a bit of a joke but the reality is that you are more likely to buy another Omega because you will do so in the knowledge you are not buying a depreciating asset.

This stopping of a discount is the best thing that can happen to the watch trade.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC41 View Post
    £2,880 in 2015 but that was the pre big box version. The big box version started at about £3.4-£3.5k I think.

No I have the big box I’m sure retail was around £2800 at the time. A grand price hike in 3 years puts other brands into perspective

Apprentice
    No I have the big box I’m sure retail was around £2800 at the time. A grand price hike in 3 years puts other brands into perspective
    Got mine from Chronext in early 2017. £2660 on the invoice so yeah retail at 2800 sounds about right.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Not sure if that was a bit of a joke but the reality is that you are more likely to buy another Omega because you will do so in the knowledge you are not buying a depreciating asset.

This stopping of a discount is the best thing that can happen to the watch trade.
    Not when Omega also massively increase their prices over the past few years, as well as stop discounting. Certainly not good for customers anyway

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Not when Omega also massively increase their prices over the past few years, as well as stop discounting. Certainly not good for customers anyway
    It is all down to profitability and you do that by keeping your existing customers happy and encouraging affluent newcomers into the market.

Those who don't like the price increases are not the sort of customers that a high brand company of any product wants.

Master
    It is all down to profitability and you do that by keeping your existing customers happy and encouraging affluent newcomers into the market.

Those who don't like the price increases are not the sort of customers that a high brand company of any product wants.
    The logic of that is the more you charge, the more you will sell...., but firms like Omega and Rolex are in the mass market. Even Rolex are careful in not over-doing price rises.
    Neither of these companies sell primarily to wealthy people.
    At some point the markets will go into reverse, it’s happened before and it will happen again; the interesting question is “when’. And that is anyone’s guess.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    The logic of that is the more you charge, the more you will sell...., but firms like Omega and Rolex are in the mass market. Even Rolex are careful in not over-doing price rises.
    At some point the markets will go into reverse, it’s happened before and it will happen again; the interesting question is “when’. And that is anyone’s guess.
    That is their choice and no one elses. One thing you do have to admit is that Rolex are past masters in the art of marketing and Omega are following them.

Master
    That is their choice and no one elses. One thing you do have to admit is that Rolex are past masters in the art of marketing and Omega are following them.
    Omega are trying to follow them
    They really don’t want to alienate their existing customer base - very high risk strategy

Mugs who will pay whatever you price something at. Yes indeed, the perfect customer. I am sure every retail brand would like that kind of customer regardless of what they sell.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    It is interesting with all this Rolex talk on forums nobody seems to notice a grand price hike in under 2 years for a bog standard chronograph with little or no upgrades to it.

Craftsman

The pre big box (3570.50.00) was £2,880 in 2015 and had been for a while. I bought one at the time the big box version was coming out. The big box came with a big price hike. It may been been possible to get it for less but the rrp was never £2,800.
    Last edited by GMC41; 4th June 2019 at 06:06.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHarlequin View Post
    Got mine from Chronext in early 2017. £2660 on the invoice so yeah retail at 2800 sounds about right.

Good deal. I got mine from Ernest Jones in April 2016 and the RRP was £3,360. Big box version.

It is interesting with all this Rolex talk on forums nobody seems to notice a grand price hike in under 2 years for a bog standard chronograph with little or no upgrades to it.
    It's circa £600 since 2016 and £3k for a Speedy new at retail is cheap for what it was. Currently RRP isn't outrageous and I'd you can get for £3.3 or 3.5 that's a good deal imo.

Craftsman

I actually picked mine up at Malta airport end of April for €3300. Worked out at £2,920 at the time. The day before the price hike. I had to haggle a fair bit but they dropped the price when I said I could get it at Gatwick for £3060.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHarlequin View Post

I got mine at a similar time, for a touch more. List was £3520 as of about March ‘17.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk