closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega and Patek Price Increase Coming

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ASD25 View Post
    You could be right, I am on the wait for a 5712, so I know that went up, never checked the full model range.
    Was just 5711A and 5712A

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    Was just 5711A and 5712A
    Thanks mate, didn't know it was just those. I would assume the aquanaut should experience something like that soon.

I just hope there are no more on the 5712 until after I take delivery! After that double digit increases are fine with me...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ASD25 View Post
    Thanks mate, didn't know it was just those. I would assume the aquanaut should experience something like that soon.

I just hope there are no more on the 5712 until after I take delivery! After that double digit increases are fine with me...
    Is your expected delivery date before June 1st? I’m expecting an incoming anytime now but it won’t be the end of the world if it comes after June 1st

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    Is your expected delivery date before June 1st? I’m expecting an incoming anytime now but it won’t be the end of the world if it comes after June 1st
    After but yes as long as it's just 4% you can live with it

Grand Master
    Don't have a Patek but great news re the Omegas going up.Makes my used seem a lot better value when I sell.

Lets have Rolex and Seiko keep up too......and the rest too hey.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 1st June 2019 at 11:40.

Master
    Fraser Hart in Maidstone had a Moonwatch in the window at £3520 on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    AFAIK, Omega discounts are not uncommon though not at Omega boutiques.
    It was more a general statement really, I just dont understand these endless threads about price increases as though customers dont have a choice when it comes to buying. Just walk out the shop and dont buy if the price is too high why go and buy some overpriced Seiko presage because you cant buy/find the watch you want? It just doesnt make any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Fraser Hart in Maidstone had a Moonwatch in the window at £3520 on Thursday.
    Is that cheap?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    It was more a general statement really, I just dont understand these endless threads about price increases as though customers dont have a choice when it comes to buying. Just walk out the shop and dont buy if the price is too high why go and buy some overpriced Seiko presage because you cant buy/find the watch you want? It just doesnt make any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that cheap?
    They now seem to be at £3810. My Moonwatch was £3520 last August.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    They now seem to be at £3810. My Moonwatch was £3520 last August.
    Wow, were they not about £2800 three years ago?

Master
    When I first looked at one, in 2008, they were £1600 & a no date sub was around £3000.

Craftsman
    £2,880 in 2015 but that was the pre big box version. The big box version started at about £3.4-£3.5k I think.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Don't have a Patek but great news re the Omegas going up.Makes my used seem a lot better value when I sell.

Lets have Rolex and Seiko keep up too......and the rest too hey.
    Not sure if that was a bit of a joke but the reality is that you are more likely to buy another Omega because you will do so in the knowledge you are not buying a depreciating asset.

This stopping of a discount is the best thing that can happen to the watch trade.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Not sure if that was a bit of a joke but the reality is that you are more likely to buy another Omega because you will do so in the knowledge you are not buying a depreciating asset.

This stopping of a discount is the best thing that can happen to the watch trade.
    Not when Omega also massively increase their prices over the past few years, as well as stop discounting. Certainly not good for customers anyway

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Not when Omega also massively increase their prices over the past few years, as well as stop discounting. Certainly not good for customers anyway
    It is all down to profitability and you do that by keeping your existing customers happy and encouraging affluent newcomers into the market.

Those who don't like the price increases are not the sort of customers that a high brand company of any product wants.

Master
    It is all down to profitability and you do that by keeping your existing customers happy and encouraging affluent newcomers into the market.

Those who don't like the price increases are not the sort of customers that a high brand company of any product wants.
    The logic of that is the more you charge, the more you will sell...., but firms like Omega and Rolex are in the mass market. Even Rolex are careful in not over-doing price rises.
    Neither of these companies sell primarily to wealthy people.
    At some point the markets will go into reverse, it’s happened before and it will happen again; the interesting question is “when’. And that is anyone’s guess.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    The logic of that is the more you charge, the more you will sell...., but firms like Omega and Rolex are in the mass market. Even Rolex are careful in not over-doing price rises.
    At some point the markets will go into reverse, it’s happened before and it will happen again; the interesting question is “when’. And that is anyone’s guess.
    That is their choice and no one elses. One thing you do have to admit is that Rolex are past masters in the art of marketing and Omega are following them.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    It is interesting with all this Rolex talk on forums nobody seems to notice a grand price hike in under 2 years for a bog standard chronograph with little or no upgrades to it.

Mugs who will pay whatever you price something at. Yes indeed, the perfect customer. I am sure every retail brand would like that kind of customer regardless of what they sell.