closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Straps: Camille Fournet vs. ABP Paris

Straps: Camille Fournet vs. ABP Paris

I'm sizing up a new alligator strap for a JLC watch, it needs to be made to fit the OEM deployant.

Does anyone have direct experience of alligator straps made by both of these companies? If so, I'd appreciate your experiences: are they largely comparable, or has one been better for you than the other?

Thanks in advance for any insights you can share.

I've had a lot of success with CF on JLCs, and given that they make the OEM ones its probably a risk free way to go. You can specify the exact style and finish of the OEM if you want to.

Blog Entries
    Likewise, a pal has had a couple for his JLC's and found them excellent.

All good mate??

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I've had a lot of success with CF on JLCs, and given that they make the OEM ones its probably a risk free way to go. You can specify the exact style and finish of the OEM if you want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Likewise, a pal has had a couple for his JLC's and found them excellent.
    Many thanks both.

I have wondered whether it’s possible with CF to simply contact them with, ‘I’d like a strap to OEM specifications please, to fit X watch in Y leather and Z colour.

I might try it, to circumvent the risks associated with me feeding in the specification manually though their ‘system’.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post

All good mate??

Pitch
    Yes, great thanks Paul, I hope all is good with you.

I'd also add in Jean Rosseau to the mix for same quality level custom straps. I have a good number from them now including 'gator, they're fantastic and holding up well

Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    Many thanks both.

I have wondered whether it’s possible with CF to simply contact them with, ‘I’d like a strap to OEM specifications please, to fit X watch in Y leather and Z colour.

I might try it, to circumvent the risks associated with me feeding in the specification manually though their ‘system’.
    It certainly is possible.

I've had a couple of CF crocodile straps, and the quality was good, though the stitching was, and I don't know if this is deliberate to make sure you know its done by hand, not terribly straight. That's fine if you have tone matching stitching, but if you have "ecru" stitching on a dark strap, it can stand out. Well, not stand out, but it is obvious if you are looking closely.

The only ABP strap I have is one of these https://www.watchstyle.com/leather/a.../tomahawk.html which seems extremely well made but because of the design I can't really tell you too much about the attention to detail.

Master
    I’ve had a few cf straps in alligator, for a Breitling. The ordering process can be a bit arcane and I ended up with one that was really much too thin so take care. The keepers wore out quickly too, but finish and looks were excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Many thanks everyone! Enquiry now in with CF to provide to OEM spec.

I’ve had a couple of CF, and really feel spoiled in that it would be hard to go for something else, despite the bananas pricing.

Interesting to hear berin’s experience on the keep wearing out first - this has been my experience too. The straps themselves last so long it’s unreal.

Master
    Another positive vote for CF straps, very good and excellent service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Much appreciated.

If any one of you have a contact at CF, i.e. an email address that connects through to a human, I’d be grateful if you could send it through to me via PM. I never have any success through their web-based enquiry form.

Thanks again.

Journeyman
    Yes it is. I have done this. You just provide your JLC reference number and they will return the strap specification that you will need to include in your order. Details of material, colour, stitching, lining etc. are down to yur preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    Many thanks both.

Yes, great thanks Paul, I hope all is good with you.

PM sent.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Just to revive this.. for straps to Breitling deployment one spec is CF the company to go for ?.

How do they stack up price wise against Hirsch Navigators ?

cheers

Matt

Brought a few from CF for different watches. Lovely straps & a great experience. Forgotten the costs, but not the quaility.

Journeyman
    I like ABP better. But CF is the strap maker for JLC. Just look at JLC site, take the part number of the strap for your watch and drop a mail to CF.
    They will make exactly the same strap without JLC printing for half the price.