closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Kitchen, anyone had one from Wren Kitchens ?

New Kitchen, anyone had one from Wren Kitchens ?

So 2 1/2 years ago I moved into my home following a divorce, basically a doer upper which has took me this long to get all bathrooms, bedrooms etc etc done. Last room to do is the kitchen and now looking around, been into Wren Kitchens today and have to say they are impressive stores much better the Homebase and Wickes I’ve been to.

Just wondering if anyone out there has used Wren to do their kitchen, if so are you happy with the service, any tips on dealing with them, did they fit it for you etc etc.

Any advice would be appreciated...

There's a whole thread about them from the very end of January this year.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?443410-Wren-Kitchens-has-anyone-bought-from-them
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    There's a whole thread about them from the very end of January this year.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?443410-Wren-Kitchens-has-anyone-bought-from-them
    Bleeding hell didn't think to search, ok nice one I'll have a look through that thread, much appreciated.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Also, do a search for DIY-Kitchens.
    A few on here (myself included) have used them and are impressed.

DIY kitchens for me as well, great quality for the price, my kitchen fitter was very impressed and has starting recommending them to other clients.

Blog Entries
    DIY here also, stonking quality for the price.

Master
    Appreciate its not your question - but you may want to consider IKEA. Great quality and price and the design of these gives more space in the units.

A girl I work with had no end of trouble with Wren
    Essentially they had to put the kitchen in 3 times as the carcass and doors had major issues.
    I would not consider them based on her experience.

My wife’s friend had numerous issues and eventually had to take them to court. To say they were terrible was an understatement.

I personally would avoid them.

So how does DIY Kitchens work then, do you have to get a kitchen fitter then go through and order exactly what's needed? Or can you go and see them and plan a kitchen?

Master
    Used Wren in my last house, and DIY this time.
    Both are fine if you know what you want. Really impressed with the quality of DIY and they are a little cheaper than Wren too.

I will always use DIY going forward.

Craftsman
    Just finished fitting a large Wren kitchen at home myself. Nothing special.. few damaged panels which were replaced no problem. For the money, can't really recommend it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    So how does DIY Kitchens work then, do you have to get a kitchen fitter then go through and order exactly what's needed? Or can you go and see them and plan a kitchen?
    Cynically, I got someone else to plan it, then spoke to kitchen fitter, then ordered it from DIY. They have all their kitchens in display somewhere in Yorkshire I think but I just ordered 4 door samples to check and then got the rest, got a refund on the samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Cynically, I got someone else to plan it, then spoke to kitchen fitter, then ordered it from DIY. They have all their kitchens in display somewhere in Yorkshire I think but I just ordered 4 door samples to check and then got the rest, got a refund on the samples.
    Maybe the route I may go down then...

Blog Entries
    Looked at Wren last year but excessive spivvery put me off and put SWMBO off even more!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    That's what we did. My builder got his usual firm in (I think Benchmark) to quote up and we then compared the price with DIY. From memory, his place was £12K DIY was less than £7K.
    Very happy with the quality of DIY.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    That's what we did. My builder got his usual firm in (I think Benchmark) to quote up and we then compared the price with DIY. From memory, his place was £12K DIY was less than £7K.
    Very happy with the quality of DIY.
    Similar here.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I'm currently dealing with Wren and Howdens atm, Wren do the curved corner units which I like but my word they are pricey, anyway 2 plans done so far Howdens have quoted £7500 and Wren quoted £6800 with the curved corner unit (Howdens don't do curved units). I've been onto Howdens and I am now waiting a new quote, the Wren salesman basically said the price is the price so not sure if they will drop the price from that which comes up on the screen?

The Wren guy has made a couple of errors in the plans so far which i've picked up on and I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with the salesmen pitch from Wren at times...

Update.
    Howdens just dropped down to £5300 (going to call in tomorrow to see them and hopefully squeeze a bit more) and I can't get into seeing the Wren designer for a long time now as he's too busy so looking like Wren have lost the business, sure they won't lose any sleep over it...

Just specced one up on DIY Kitchens and its coming in around £4000 but I don't trust my measuring and design skills tbh haha...
    Last edited by Martylaa; 25th June 2019 at 13:06.

Well I've had the quote I wanted today from Howdens, so I've paid the deposit, decided against Wren due to the slightly arrogant sales pitch (refused to consider dropping the price any more), uninspiring design, nightmare trying to get in to see the designer and their price is £2300 more than I've got from Howdens in the end.

Plus tbh the guy from Howdens has been there from the start from measuring, designing and haggling on the price...

Now the fun begins...

Nowt wrong with Howdens ,has good as wren for quality,after all they were the same company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Not well liked

Craftsman
    A good friend of mine is a kitchen installer he rates Wren very highly...quality/fit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using TZ-UK mobile app