closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Damasko DA47 vs. Sinn 104 ST

Craftsman

Damasko DA47 vs. Sinn 104 ST

Hi

Looking for some opinions on these two..tempted by the DA47 in the SC, however also drawn to the new Sinn 104 ST. Both are similar, with the same ETA movement.
    I like the idea of the Damasko ice hardened case, but also like the exclusivity of the LE Sinn.. the green dial is tempting

Thoughts?

Think I'd go for the Sinn. The damasko is nice, but I don't know if the lumed dial might lose its charm after a while, and the black lines on the dial are a bit unnecessary in my opinion. The Sinn however is just drop dead gorgeous!

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Cheers. Good point..

I think I posted this the wrong section...dohhh..

If you were blindfolded and given each in turn repeatedly purely to turn the bezel you'd choose the Damasko every time. Then look at the case profiles, specifically the lugs . . . yes it's Damasko again. Then after 13 years of regular wear look at the condition of the case . . . yes, it's Damasko again. The case shape may be subjective, the bezel action and wear resistance aren't, I've owned/own both makes and my DA37 is 13 years old and unmarked, the bezel action of the DC67 I owned was superlative. Mind you, my Sinn 656 and UX were exceedingly nice watches, so I don't think you'd be disappointed either way. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Sinn makes wonderful watches but I would like to try a Damasko given they have put rather a lot of time into their cases to make them extra durable and sealed.

Craftsman
    Cheers guys..decision, decisions..

The Sinn by a mile.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

About 12 years ago I was having a similar dilemma (1st world problems 😉) as my wife wanted to buy me a watch for my 40th.........I had narrowed it down to a Damasko DA36 and a Sinn Arktis. I left the final choice to my wife. After speaking to both companies (she wanted the watch factory engraved) she chose the Arktis.

I was super happy with the Arktis but like most of us on here I secretly hankered after the Damasko too.........4 years later I bought a DA36 from Tony (Learningtofly). It was lovely to have the Damasko and I really enjoyed it but sold it on again after a couple of years. Yes it was tough and stayed looking like new.......but it didn't feel quite as 'special' as the Sinn....subjective I know, bt man two penneth.

I'm wearing my Arktis today and actually thinking of changing from the bracelet to the blue leather strap........variety is the spice 😂.

Head says Damasko, heart says Sinn.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Apprentice
    I have owned a DA46 and a 104, both with a black dial. I have sold on the DA46 as it isn't as versatile as the 104. The Damasko doesn't switch between straps as easily, it just has a very tool appearance. The Sinn can be dressed up or down and looks great on a huge range of straps. Build quality of the Damasko is great, the case hardness is fantastic, it is close to, if not on a par, with the Sinn 104.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using TZ-UK mobile app

I’ve had several from each maker at least 4 from each
    Still couldn’t pick a clear winner though
    Not had a 104 but looks very nice

Craftsman
    Thanks for the comments, very helpful... i think i'm leaning toward the Sinn.. The lume might be a bit much, and i like the idea of the versatility between dressed up and dressed down :)
    Better get my finger out and place that order :)

I've almost owned both (a DA46, and I currently own a 104 St Sa W).

The short answer is: the Damasko is the ultimate tool watch. The Sinn is dressier, more casual, and is more flexible with various outfits - but not as hard-wearing as the Damasko. That said, both are high quality, well-engineered German assembled/cased timepieces.

I prefer the Sinn personally. I can wear it with a polo and it goes under a cuff just as nicely. I wouldn't say the same for the Damasko, but that watch looked the same as the day I picked it up a year down the line.

The timekeeping is also exceptional on both. The Damasko uses an ETA 2836-2 base (day-date), and the Sinn uses a Sellita (SW200?). They're very similar, but someone people will get irked at the "they're both ETAs" comparison. Can't remember what the timekeeping on the Damasko was, but this is a year-old Sinn and timekeeping +-0 after 3 days...