closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Question about PRS-29A(M) crown

Apprentice

Question about PRS-29A(M) crown

Hi. I recently received my PRS-29A, and I'm thrilled about the watch. There's just one little thing that I noticed, and I wanted to ask if this was normal and inside spec. The crown of watch is slightly angled in at the top, which makes it look like the winding stem must be going in at a bit of an angle as well. I'd likely not notice it but for it being a hand wound watch, so I'm looking at the crown all the time. :). Below is a pic illustrating what I mean. Is this standard on the newest PRS-29 models? Thanks!

IMG_0421.jpg

It certainly doesn't look right to me but it's under warranty so I wouldn't worry too much.

None of my 29's have looked like that.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    It certainly doesn't look right to me but it's under warranty so I wouldn't worry too much.
    Thanks. It's so relatively minor that it almost seems like an optical illusion, but I do think it's canted a bit. Not really thrilled to send my new watch back across the pond, so I'll have to figure out what to do.

It's impossible to tell from your photograph, it's angled and not well lit for it's purpose. I'd take it to a watchmaker or jeweller and have it looked at under magnification to get a better idea.
    F.T.F.A.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    It's impossible to tell from your photograph, it's angled and not well lit for it's purpose. I'd take it to a watchmaker or jeweller and have it looked at under magnification to get a better idea.
    Yeah, I posted that photo just to illustrate what I'm talking about with lines. It's very difficult to photograph it properly to show the angle, but it's definitely there. This is about as good as I can do:

IMG_0434 2.jpg
    Last edited by duder13; 2nd April 2019 at 20:12.

I think it’s an optical illusion. I’ve felt the same way about mine when looking from a the top but it looks true from every other angle.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
    I think it’s an optical illusion. I’ve felt the same way about mine when looking from a the top but it looks true from every other angle.
    Yeah, it's the side where I see it most, even when I compare to other watches, but it may be an optical illusion. I'm going to have my watchmaker look at it next time I see him, but I'm not worried about it. I really love this watch.

Please let us know. I’d be interested in what they have to say. Agreed, the 29 is a jewel.

Off topic - What strap is that btw?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogdensnut View Post
    Off topic - What strap is that btw?

Oh, that was just a cheap leather strap that came on a $35 HMT watch that I had laying around. The pic might make it look better than it is. I was just trying to visualize if I'd like a leather strap on this watch, and the HMT strap was the only thing I had under 20mm.

Wasn’t sure if it was even rubber like the Hirsh Pure(?). I’ve just got a 29a and found the crown to be on the stiff side. Is it just mine?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogdensnut View Post
    Wasn’t sure if it was even rubber like the Hirsh Pure(?). I’ve just got a 29a and found the crown to be on the stiff side. Is it just mine?

Coincidentally enough, I ended up ordering the Hirsch Pure, which came a couple of days ago. I’ll have to put it on and snap a pic.

Nice one!