closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sourcing a Tudor bezel

Sourcing a Tudor bezel

Hi all - I have a thread on this in Watch Talk, but there might be a few more learned folks in here.
    I want to get hold of a Tudor Black Bay Black bezel insert but short of buying a Black Bay and removing the bezel insert (then sending it to Tudor for a replacement, then resell the watch!!!), I can’t really come up with a better way.

I tried Goldsmiths just for a straight sale, but did not fly. Not sure if any old indie can get Tudor kit but am guessing it follows the Rolex model, so that will be a no.

Now, what if I could evidence a name of a buyer, plus the watch serial - could an independent service centre (probably need to be Tudor accredited??) then source one for me without actually being presented the watch?

Any ideas welcome.

Why am doing this? I have a black Bay steel, was waiting for release of a BB58 with date at Basel this year.... or a BB date with colour bezel, but alas no.
    So now I want to make what they should have - BB, date, black bezel insert (and will end up with nice little Red accents both on the insert 12 triangle, and the writing on the face of the BB Steel!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I think you will have to go to an AD if you want a genuine bezel/insert.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Remove the current one, go to AD, tell them you lost it, pay GBP 300 (or something like that), get a new one. Only way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark020 View Post
    Remove the current one, go to AD, tell them you lost it, pay GBP 300 (or something like that), get a new one. Only way to do it.
    Yeh. Good plan, already thought through - and it’s a lot less than £300 - but one flaw.... I do not own the watch that I want the bezel insert from....
    I have the BB steel and want a BB Black bezel insert.

So what I need is a friend who owns a BB Black to do as you mentioned, and pass their original bezel insert on to me.

Any friends out there? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk