closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many watches do you own and..

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I've spent the last couple of years reducing the number of watches I own from 5 to 11
    Chuckle. Very good

I've spent the last couple of years reducing the number of watches I own from 5 to 11
    Ha! That’s really funny.

Way too many 😨

Journeyman
    5 for me, but really only two see proper wrist time.

My plan at the start of the year was to reduce the collection from 4 to 3 (2 automatics and a gshock for the tough stuff) but similar to number2 my reduction has meant I’ve now got more watches...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    10 at the moment.

I have earmarked 3 to move on but that requires me to put some effort in, it is more likely I will buy another rather than sell some. None are of great value in comparison to some on here but I do like them all.

We all know this is a curse as much as a hobby, I would love to get down to 5/6 settled
    Pieces but I can’t see it happening anytime soon.

29 at current count. 25 of which are Enicars

Steve

I’ve had up to about 35-40 watches at any given time, and most recently I got as low as 4 then slipped back to 7 pieces. I just go with the flow usually, not planning a specific collection, I’m a bit like a magpie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post

Steve
    Wow...would love to see a all-in-one pic!

Master
    8... and I try to wear them all.😎

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    8... and I try to wear them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan83bz View Post
    Wow...would love to see a all-in-one pic!
    I keep meaning to do it... 3 are receiving a bit of TLC at the minute, so will do it once they're back

Craftsman
    Rolex DateJust 116223

Rolex Submariner 14060M

Rolex 16613 Bluesy

Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch

Baume et Mercier Classima

Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Black/Red

Craftsman
    29 with another 2 on the way (Certina DS PH 200m and a Casioak). All get worn, modern ones more often than vintage, G-shocks only for outdoor exercise and beach holidays with the Omega Dynamic probably bottom of the popularity list, reserved for the odd occasion when I feel a bit Austin Powers

Cheers

Ian
    Last edited by brownip; 22nd November 2019 at 10:07.

Master
    23 (possibly 24-25!), 5 or 6 get regular use, but tend to have the BLNR on most of the time as it generally works with anything.

kept meaning to thin the herd down but always found a reason to hold onto them all. This action has been to the detriment of the collection overall as the quality has been slighted diluted when I should have part exchanged/traded up instead of buying an additional watch.

currently

Rolex Pepsi, Millgaus GV, Kermit, SS Daytona, BLNR, TT Sub (blue face/bezel)
    Omega Moonwatch, Original Snoopy, Seamaster Aqua Terra, first museum piece, vintage Seamaster 300
    IWC Doppelchronograph, Portuguese Yacht Club, Da Vinci Vintage
    Cartier Santos 100, Calibre De Cartier
    Tag Silverstone, Monaco
    Panerai Luminor Marina Titanium
    Breitling Spatiographe
    Corum Admirals Cup (impatience for another black model)
    Girard Perregaux Richeville Chronograph
    Parmigiani Fleurier KALPAGRAPHE
    Zenith Defy Extreme (another impatience moment)
    Porsche Design Dashboard 18ct Rosegold

quite a few i'd like to have owned but either was indecisive or couldn't decide what to sell.

A few others have been & gone, but the upgrade existing pieces seemed to end about 10-12 years ago & needs to be revisited.

would love an AP Royal Oak, PP, A.Lange, VC or similar & a few other SS Rolex models (Sky Dweller) but always got impatient and bought something off the shelf or cheaper, hence the collection. Now some thinning really needs to take place

off to SC for me I suspect in the very near future!

Running with 10 at the moment but my watchbox has space for twelve...which is a problem!

In order of arrival new to old;

P01
    Speedy Apollo 11 50th
    Lorus Titanium - for the gym
    BB58
    CHNR
    Sinn 103 ST SA
    DSSD JC 126660
    DSSD 126660 - I know 2 DSSD's is daft but that's the way it is!
    PRS45 Aerotimer
    Bulova Accu Swiss Murren

BB58 probably gets the most wear as it is such a great all rounder and very comfortable

Journeyman
    40 or 41 (I can't find my Montblanc Quantieme Complet). I am not allowed to wear a watch at work (food industry) and I have a phone that tells the time better than any of my watches.So almost no wrist time for any of them but the one I wear most is my Ulsse Nardin Marine Master. They Usually just sit in their box waiting though!. I've noticed almost every watch collector has a speedy or wants one and I don't know why, I've never had one or seen the attraction (I love seamasters though)

Master
    I did that too! Except I started from 60+ and reduced all the way down to 100+!

Far too many. I dream of getting down to 5 or so. 10 maybe more realistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teetering around 23 currently.

Have 14 now, but go through phases. Has been the 11610 for the last month or so, apart from when out golfing when it's been the g shock

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Master
    Rolex Sub Date - not worn in years. May get it serviced and start wearing it more.

Tudor BB GMT - fairly infrequently

Sinn 857 UTC LH Cargo - mostly at weekends

Sinn 556a - x2 wear reasonably frequently with the intention of giving one each to my boys when they reach 18

Seiko SBDC053 - Worn mostly to work. Changed the bezel insert to a Yobokies ceramic alternative

Seiko Turtle - mostly at weekends or on holiday

Citizen Eco Drive Chronograph - just a cheap grab and go. Great technology but I cannot read the small sub-dials. It may have to go.

Casio 5610 - great watch. Worn when servicing the car, gardening and DIY, holidays and sometimes just because

What next? A decent chrono ideally a Damasko DC66.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    7 in the box, 1-2 are regular daily wearers but the others are probably all worn at least once a month.

Have a lot of contrary ticks - feel guilty if I don’t wear one in awhile, but don’t like the one on the go running out if I’m wearing something else, but don’t like the idea of unnecessary wear via watch winders, etc. So I’ve just bought a GS quartz

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would guess 15 but I am not sure,I found one yesterday in a draw I had forgotten about.
    Still finding things I’ve lost after my house move 2 years ago.

I adore this thread, there are people with far more watches than me, and people (most of you) that have spent more on one watch than my entire collec... er... assemblage.
    Excluding a couple of watches my wife parks in the case, I hit 23 today.
    The cheapest came in at £1.24 (by way of answering "what's the cheapest watch I'd actually wear?" - top left in the case, remarkably accurate and reliable FWVLIW), and nothing topped the £1K mark, even the brand-new Fortis Marinemaster which was a stonking bargain, notwithstanding its "Marmite" looks.
    As an experienced eye cn tell, I buy what I like aesthetically, for utility, but not for investment potential! If I sold the lot I wouldn't raise enough to get on the lowest rung of Rolex ownership. Which is fine, since I'm not a big fan.

How many watches do you own and..

Really can’t remember if I’ve already replied to this thread .

Anyway, when my latest one arrives (hopefully on Monday), I will own 17. I regularly wear 12 or 13 of them, meaning that I own 4 or 5 that I really ought to move on. These include two of the Bulova Archive Series watches (Lunar Pilot and Stars & Stripes) - both great watches but not getting a look in these days...

Simon
    Last edited by mycroft; 23rd November 2019 at 21:09.

Master
    I'm at around 300 I think, maybe 350, really need to do a count

Well some of the replies make me feel a lot better about having 'only' 60 or so. A majority are vintage digitals, which get little or no wear. The ones I wear most often are my Zenith Chronomaster Moonphase, Day-Date, X-33 Gen 1 and Marathon Navigator.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    14 in total but 10 in my collection.
    Hulk
    Oysterquartz
    Speedmaster
    Lip Nautic ski
    Iwc ingenieur
    Tissot seastar pr516gl
    Onsetta
    Timex snoopy
    G shock.

4 of my mothers - omega and 3x tissot.

I wear the hulk, 14060, and lip the most. Speedmaster is a new arrival and will be worn regularly also.
    Mrsv has nicked the oysterquartz and the bracelet is sized to her so I never wear it.

The rest i wear odd days here and there, usually when I'm in London.
    I dont wear my mums watches which are all 28mm odd and dont go round my wrist.

Seemingly been at 21 watches forever with one in one out being the mantra. Seriously toying with a reduction to 6 but have doubts if it’ll happen as
    A) I have no idea which I could let go and
    B) I don’t know what the 6 would be

As a goal though I think a reduction is in order

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Seemingly been at 21 watches forever with one in one out being the mantra. Seriously toying with a reduction to 6 but have doubts if it’ll happen as
    A) I have no idea which I could let go and
    B) I don’t know what the 6 would be

As a goal though I think a reduction is in order
    Laudable ambition Rusty - good luck with it. In my case my objective of going from 18 down to 13 wearers has hit a bit of a bump in the road... I haven’t sold any and I’ve just ordered watch no. 19!

So much for good intentions!

Simon

Craftsman

Rolex Submariner 14060M

Rolex DateJust 116223

Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch

Baume et Mercier Classima

Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Black/Red

Journeyman
    2 x steel Rolex one is always on the wrist.

For various reasons I’ve moved more into the safety deposit repository:-

Hulk
    GMTc
    Milguass GV
    Omega MK 2 speedy racing dial

I’ve got at home:-

SDc4000
    GMTc (don’t ask why I have 2!)
    JLC master geographic
    Breitling night mission
    TAG ana digi
    G Shock

Of those at home, the TAG needs battery change and not going to gym, the JLC needs a service, the Other 4 get worn plenty. SDc and GMTc so durable and for me the sweet spots of Rolex. Bought the Breitling couple of months ago from SC and really love the lightness. Trying to do a few jobs round the house and garden when the GShock gets an outing.

Have to say that all this lockdown and work from home time is making Me think that 11 could easily be halved.

And then part of me thinks that the majority of these have been in my collection for many years and they are all important to me for different reasons. And I guess that’s the bottom line, once you have an emotional connection you struggle to move them on even if you don’t wear them. That’s why it’s a crazy interest like many others .....

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Laudable ambition Rusty - good luck with it. In my case my objective of going from 18 down to 13 wearers has hit a bit of a bump in the road... I haven’t sold any and I’ve just ordered watch no. 19!

So much for good intentions!

Simon
    Oops
    I was at 50 but reduced to 21 couple years ago - I can do it again

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    I'm at around 300 I think, maybe 350, really need to do a count
    Godlike.

Master
    Have recently consolidated to:-

Sub Date
    Tudor BB GMT
    Sinn 857 UTC LH Cargo
    Sinn 556a (x2) - with one each to my two boys when they reach 18
    Casio 5610 and
    Sinn 144 due shortly to mark a big birthday next month

A had a number of Seiko which I used as holiday watches which I have either sold or which my boys have nabbed . Now I'll just use the 5610 and either the Sinn 857 or 556 if we go away.

I was tempted to get a dress watch by either the Sub or Tudor are fine for that.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Can`t remember if I`ve posted on this thread, but despite my plans to rationalise the collection I`ve added a couple since August 2019 .

Like buses, they turn up in twos. I got chance to buy a superb Omega C case Constellation dating from 1972, with original bracelet and original papers. That got snapped up; after a dose of light refinishing and a thorough service it's one of my favourites. Shortly afterwards I ended up with a 1967 168.010 steel Constellation, not a pie-pan but a superb original silver dial with very clean original hands and a good case, had my eye on it for a few months, the seller is a prominent forum stalwart and finally a deal was agreed. I'm a big a big fan of 60s/early 70s Omegas with the 550/560/752 movements. Last November saw the sale of my 16234 Datejust in order to raise funds for a planned house deal, I`d owned the watch a long time and I was happy to let it go, but no sooner had I sold it than a 116000 Rolex OP 36 with blue Explorer dial cropped up, the owner gave me 1st refusal so a deal was agreed. I also acquired a 1970 gold-capped C case Constellation that's been water-damaged, I think it's beyond restoration but for £50 it was worth buying for parts.

Fast forward to early Feb just before the virus crap kicked off, I was laid in a hospital bed awaiting knee surgery when I spotted a 1960s 18ct gold Omega Seamaster on SC, definitely one to buy so a deal was struck 20 mins before I was carted off to theatre. When I came round after surgery I couldn't remember whether I`d bought it or not! That one's awaiting a dose of TLC to get it how I want it, might even get it done next week.

The collection now stands at 25, plus a couple of fixer-upper projects to complete over the next few weeks. Can`t see it ever dropping below 20.

Journeyman
    5 (and 1 heirloom)

In order of acquisition:

Tudor BB S&G on leather
    1950s radial-dial Kirovskie
    Longines Presence Heritage in 18k red gold with brown alligator strap
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual 36mm black dial
    Stowa Flieger 40mm - a very special 1 of 1 piece unique to celebrate a Stowa company milestone

The heirloom is a 1980s Seiko Quartz.

I wear the Rolex and Stowa about equally - probably 4 of 7 days per week during more normal times.

I wear each of the other non-heirlooms maybe on average once per month.

Master

Down to just the one.......for now

This thread has certainly made me feel better about the 7 or 8 I have. I wouldn't like to pay for too many battery swaps or services.

Craftsman
    I'm in little league compared to most! Currently on 7 but have decided to sell 2 when this is all over as I find myself wearing only 3 on a regular basis.

Something tells me now is not the time to sell, however sub 3K watches still seem to be going for close to what they were before.

Currently on;

SubC
    GMT IIc
    Tudor BB GMT
    Speedmaster (sapphire sandwich)
    Planet Ocean 2500
    Tag F1 (sentimental watch)
    Seiko Kinetic - the first watch i ever bought myself at 17 before heading to university!
    Last edited by MarkR; 20th April 2020 at 15:14.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Something tells me now is not the time to sell, however sub 3K watches still seem to be going for close to what they were before.
    This is what's confusing me. I guess less people are selling and less people are buying so demand and supply evens out to a degree. I'll be shocked if prices don't reduce in the next few weeks -- the longer this continues the steeper the reductions.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    This is what's confusing me. I guess less people are selling and less people are buying so demand and supply evens out to a degree. I'll be shocked if prices don't reduce in the next few weeks -- the longer this continues the steeper the reductions.
    3k prices steady but taking longer to sell. Above 3k a drop seems evident looking at ch24 prices and trends

Craftsman
    I think you're right. I might list one of them this week and see what interest is like!

About 5, excluding pocket watches (that are just to look at).

I only really wear 2 or 3 though, Seiko Turtle and G-shock

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    I think you're right. I might list one of them this week and see what interest is like!
    I listed a watch last week for £310 and had three buyers in the hour, someone else posted that they had missed out a few days later and a fifth person did a WTB for the same watch. I sent it RMSD and it got there next day. I think sensible listings will find an audience - try it

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I listed a watch last week for £310 and had three buyers in the hour, someone else posted that they had missed out a few days later and a fifth person did a WTB for the same watch. I sent it RMSD and it got there next day. I think sensible listings will find an audience - try it
    Exactly this. If you're sensible you'll generally always sell. There are the odd one or two which end up selling on eBay for more due to the limited audience just don't think the price pre-covid price is the current price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post

Steve
    Would love to see a collection pic or pics!

Ian

Craftsman
    Exactly this. If you're sensible you'll generally always sell. There are the odd one or two which end up selling on eBay for more due to the limited audience just don't think the price pre-covid price is the current price.
    I think that is the perfect price point to not lose money at - it's expensive enough to have the buyer feel good (without remorse of spending in the current climate) and the seller wont take much of a bath on the resale as it most likely cost around £500 new.

Sadly I'd be looking to shift the PO and the BB GMT so the outlay is still what I would consider significant, hence I feel they would stick around. I'm in two minds about the PO as i do adore it but wrist time is limited. The GMT is just to chunky for my wrists and I came to the realization i was just kidding myself that it fitted me! :D

The Tudor BB GMT is a sauce pan and the GMT hand is too long. It should also be an arrow not a snowflake. Don't blame you for ditching.

Journeyman
    3. Which makes me feel a little inadequate.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TZ-UK mobile app