closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does TZUK have a future?

With all this massive reduction in interest in watches, do you think I can walk into my AD soon and take my pick of Rolex SS sports watches?

Out of curiosity, and for nothing better to do, I've thought I'd look at the forum usage numbers, so it seems that on average there are c 200 (+/- 50) members and 450-700 non-members using the forum at a given time. I have no idea whether it's bad or good, nor I would know how it compares to the last year, or year before. This is totally unscientific observation, I couldn't be a*sed to take the exact numbers down.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Can’t believe the OP didn’t gave the good sense to proof read what he posted.

I thought something was wrong when I read it, didn’t seem to make sense!

Sheer laziness, no excuse. Why can’t people be bothered to read what they’ve posted and correct it if it’s wrong? It happens all too often thesedays and the lazy posters blame predictive text!
    Very amusing

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Long live Phillip!
    I think we burned all Phillip's bridges.

He was a nice fellow, but he's probably still in therapy after what TZUK did to the poor man.

Love you Phillip!

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Well it wouldn't disappear, it would be sold :D

Eddie
    Members could form a management buyout

I hope yes! I am here just starting and I like it

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koristeći Tapatalk

Banned
    I started on WUS myself - but the US-centricness of that forum can be a little bit overwhelming sometimes.

The Irish watch forum is lovely - it's a very cosy small family we have here.

TZ seems like it could be a nice European mix - British focused of course, but the UK ain't that far away from Ireland :)

Indeed, and in order to feel even closer we even decided to keep some of it..
    Last edited by VDG; 11th April 2019 at 09:10.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Banned
    At least we got Derry to drop the silent London from it

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    we even decided
    "We"?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    "We"?
    Britain?

Grand Master
    I hope so because over the next few years leading up to my retirement I'll be selling a good many of my watches to the newer and younger members on here.

Master
    Uh hu.. I'm sure your name is already mentioned in the Double Forum IDs thread that you're 'an old hand' musing whether you're a reincarnation of a banned forum member or double ID of someone the paranoid old farts are frown upon. Have you been asked already what are you trying to sell and called an idiot for asking question that have been asked before by one of the 'stalwarts'? You know, friendly place to discuss watches and all that..

This.

I've been posting on here for about 9 months now but seems a real clique and the poster with numerous posts appear to be judge dress types.

I've been accused of being a "double ID" by some, people who have purchased items from me confirm I'm not.

All just seems very serious from some and can see how it would put new users off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    This.

I've been posting on here for about 9 months now but seems a real clique and the poster with numerous posts appear to be judge dress types.

I've been accused of being a "double ID" by some, people who have purchased items from me confirm I'm not.

All just seems very serious from some and can see how it would put new users off.
    Judge dress types, what’s that?

"We"?
    Sour grapes from the comrade in exile.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Judge dress types, what’s that?
    I meant Judge Dredd types !

I meant Judge Dredd types !
    There is only one Judge Dredd on here.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    There is only one Judge Dredd on here.
    And he IS the law!
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

This.

Be quiet comrade Ivan, you're giving our game away.

Seriously though, while there is technically only one judge there is a bunch of 'untouchables,' wanna be forum police who engage in all sorts of bulling tactics and personal attacks (evident from the posts above) who like one armed waiters can dish but cannot take, so up their a*ses they cannot see that they are doing this place a great disservice ganging up (what is it with some people and gangs?) on fellow forum members. So long as this vile behaviour continues, this place not only will fail to attract new but also continue to alienate and hemorrhage established members as well.

People come here to relax, have fun, trade and discuss some of the issues, however some of the members make it personal for no other reason that they do not like your POV, or/and what you say, or how you say it, or who you are I suspect.

On a lighter note, life is too short to engage with people like that, it's like if you step in the dog's poo you are not going to smell or lick it to find out what dog had for breakfast or dinner, you just get rid of it as soon as poss and move on, having said that, it's rather amusing to watch grown up people tieing themselves in knots of their stupidity and prejudice while professing otherwise.

Anyway, best of luck with your travels Sir and peace be upon the wicked and afflicted.
    Last edited by VDG; 14th April 2019 at 10:37.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Seriously though, while there is technically only one judge there is a bunch of 'untouchables,' wanna be forum police who engage in all sorts of bulling tactics and personal attacks (evident from the posts above) who like one armed waiters can dish but cannot take, so up their a*ses they cannot see that they are doing this place a great disservice ganging up (what is it with some people and gangs?) on fellow forum members. So long as this vile behaviour continues, this place not only will fail to attract new but also continue to alienate and hemorrhage established members as well.

People come here to relax, have fun, trade and discuss some of the issues, however some of the members make it personal for no other reason that they do not like your POV, or/and what you say, or how you say it, or who you are I suspect.

On a lighter note, life is too short to engage with people like that, it's like if you step in the dog's poo you are not going to smell or lick it to find out what dog had for breakfast or dinner, you just get rid of it as soon as poss and move on, having said that, it's rather amusing to watch grown up people tieing themselves in knots of their stupidity and prejudice while professing otherwise.
    All this was so moving that I almost forgot that, back when you were still permitted in the BP, you were making jokes about other members of the forum getting raped.

All this was so moving that I almost forgot that, back when you were still permitted in the BP, you were making jokes about other members of the forum getting raped.
    Apparently VDG has now come over all 'moderate' like.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Sour grapes from the comrade in exile.
    As subsequently evidenced.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Did I mention smears? No, here is a prime example ^

1. How many JokeS (plural) about how many memberS (plural) were there?
    2. Re-read what was said in that exchange, the insinuation by the fellow member and my reply, then re-read it again and if it’s still not clear ask someone to explain it to you slowly with visual aids if necessary.
    3. Do you have anything constructive to add to this thread apart of your usual insinuations, smears and personal attacks?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

In answer to the original question, who knows? If anyone actually cares, then I think that there is a P.R. problem.

I feel that this forum has a reputation amongst other fora for being populated by a horde of unfriendly sycophants. Moderation is regarded as being subject to whim and rather heavy handed. The policy of changing new users post counts to deny them access to the sales forum appears to put off genuine posters.

How much of this is true I don't know. I've been a member for ages, but do not find this forum as accessible as other fora, so I haven't visited often. This forum is definitely cliquey. I've decided to give it a go and see for myself.

Of course this may be exactly the image that the owner wants to portray, in which case, no problem! :D

Now if the impression I've gained elsewhere about this forum is true, I'd expect that will earn me a ban, or get my post count reset to zero just as it hit's the magic 50!

...So long as this vile behaviour continues, this place not only will fail to attract new but also continue to alienate and hemorrhage established members as well.

People come here to relax, have fun, trade and discuss some of the issues blah blah blah....
    Cf this post in a gentle, concerned G+D thread

Can’t wait to see Charlie Hebdo taking the proverbial of the tragedy.

#jesuischarlie

Cf this post in a gentle, concerned G+D thread
    I've asked you a couple of questions in the post above, here it is in case you've missed it.

Did I mention smears? No, here is a prime example ^

1. How many JokeS (plural) about how many memberS (plural) were there?
    2. Re-read what was said in that exchange, the insinuation by the fellow member and my reply, then re-read it again and if it’s still not clear ask someone to explain it to you slowly with visual aids if necessary.
    3. Do you have anything constructive to add to this thread apart of your usual insinuations, smears and personal attacks?
    Care to answer them, or you prefer to prance around stalking me across the forum?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Seriously though, while there is technically only one judge there is a bunch of 'untouchables'...
    There are no 'untouchables' here, as you know. ;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Oddly, in the last 14 years of frequenting watch forums I find this place easily the most accessible and helpful.

There's simply nothing worse than your typical jumped-up moderator clicking a button to appease the sponsors or more likely just because he can.

Banned
    This thread itself seems to be a micro-representation of the forum in general? A rather benign question (in my eyes) devolves into a spat between two long time users... if I were a new member to online forums (and not just to the TZ forum) that would be pretty intimidating.

Whereas on the other forums I'm on - we learn to give gentle ribbing and give as good as we get - see the N. Ireland jibes below - keep it light I guess?

Probably an appropriate time to remind some people

Unwind with a pint or two in our own virtual pub. Friendly banter and clean jokes please and no politics or religion.
    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Tapatalk is making the forum esy and mobile and great for posting pics, it's all it needs to prosper. In this hard core community.
    Social media suck, they are just for businesses to try and sell stuff to wankers wannabes.
    Those who run their own show will live on.
    Thanks Eddie.

BUBI 0_0