closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Children's watches

Craftsman

Children's watches

Some might call it sharing a passion with your children others would call it indoctrination, but I have two year old twins who love watches. They ask for them when getting dressed in the morning and even stop to look at them is shop windows. Do other people's kids love watches or do they simply not care?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Here are my 3 year old twin girls showing off their Christmas presents. They love them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    My 16 year old snok off to Argos last week and bought a 42mm Ben Sherman quartz.. looks way to big on him

My boy is already a Seiko fan :)
    Vintage ladies divers watches are a great size for kids

Master
    Got my daughter a number of cheap watches before buying her a flik flak as her first proper watch when she was 4 as they started learning about time in school. She knows I love watches but she wears hers in and off. Still makes me smile when she asks to wear it.

My kids like some of my watches. Mostly my divers because the bezel can turn or my G-Shock because it has a light. Based on a thread here I bought them both a Casio with a bezel, battery operated as they don’t wear it daily and good enough for swimming.

I also preferred these as they have hands. I have a colleague at work who always had digital watches and finds it harder to read the time on a watch with hands. Personally the hands position on the dial enhance my perception of time as you know how long it takes to move 5, 10, 30 minutes so I wanted the kids to start like this as well.

Master
    My lad has been in to watches for years starting with a Flix Flax, then on to a Casio and then a Timex and it was all he wanted for his 16th birthday in March he spent hours looking for a watch then spotted me looking for myself and that was the end of the search he now wears a PRS-25 36mm with pride.
    Just writing this I've realised that he has never owned a digital watch.

My eldest has been into watches for a few years. I bought him a CWC G10 about 3 year back. He has now raided my watch box and claimed 2 Seikos I apparently ‘didn’t wear enough’ he is almost 15 now and has set his own sights on his first major watch in his words. He is saving for the Tudor Bronze! He fell in love with it the day I tried one on and didn’t like it. He was mortified as he was hoping I’d love it and buy it so he could borrow it!!

Yep - my boy is 10, and well into watches. He always played with mine at bedtime/story time - he’d spin the bezels, loved the lume on them, or the backlight on my Aerospace, all that stuff.

He wears a nice grey dial steel bracelet Seiko5 to school, or sometimes a lovely 1978 Seiko Quartz that I picked up here some weeks ago - I opened the package in front of him and it has never made it to my wrist! He just loves it, stuck it on a NATO and he’s away with it!
    He’s the only kid I know of (or he knows of) in his year who wears a mechanical watch. Some of his mates call him Felix Rolex :)

We also pop into the ADs in town occasionally - I gave him my bank card and made him buy me a Tudor at Christmas, he was buzzing off it, got a complimentary J20 to drink and sat in the comfy chairs like a boss.
    We recently passed the new Goldsmiths in Notts and he spotted a rose gold and black Yacht Master on rubber strap and he fell in love with it. £16k!!!!! I told him he can stick with the Seikos for now!!!

Master
    My 6yo son loves watches - and wears this pepsi-style tikkers watch.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    My eight year old son's interest in watches has increased since I started buying more watches. He has turned into a bit of a wrecker and has recently stripped down and reassembled both of his digital watches.

I wanted to give him my first watch, a small mechanical one the make of which I can't remember, so I went back to my parent's house but I must have got rid of it in a moment of decluttering madness. So I am looking to buy him an analogue, preferable mechanical, but quartz would be fine so I am open to suggestions if anyone has any. I will start looking at ladies divers.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by micks_address View Post
    My 16 year old snok off to Argos last week and bought a 42mm Ben Sherman quartz.. looks way to big on him
    I blame the parents!

Master
    My 7 year old lady is well into her Casio watches - those F91 (?) models come in about 100 colours, she has a pink, an orange and a white one and they cost less than a tenner each.

She can tell time time on a "proper" watch now so in the near future we'll fine her something none digital I think.

A few years ago I gave away a vintage Lego watch on here with interchangeable bezels and stuff, I might go hunting for something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    My eight year old son's interest in watches has increased since I started buying more watches. He has turned into a bit of a wrecker and has recently stripped down and reassembled both of his digital watches.

I wanted to give him my first watch, a small mechanical one the make of which I can't remember, so I went back to my parent's house but I must have got rid of it in a moment of decluttering madness. So I am looking to buy him an analogue, preferable mechanical, but quartz would be fine so I am open to suggestions if anyone has any. I will start looking at ladies divers.
    I have a couple of vintage Seiko divers, ladies size 32/33mm, but look like proper, classic dive watches - they’re both in for new batteries at the moment. I’ll PM you when they come back, in case you are still looking. Might be able to sort one for you.
    I bought them for the same reason, but after my lad swiped my most recent Seiko, and he already has one other, they could be spare.

Master
    Thank you, that would be much appreciated.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Master
    Bought this for my 9 year old son who is very happy with it:

It's a Lorus RRX89FX9

35mm case diameter
    Bezel turns
    Hacking seconds

Most importantly for him there is plenty of lume, on the hands (including the seconds hand) and even the indices are lumed. It does just about last the night too.

Surprisingly well featured for £20.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Master
    Bought this for my 9 year old son who is very happy with it:

It's a Lorus RRX89FX9

35mm case diameter
    Bezel turns
    Hacking seconds
    A little bit waterproof (50m)

Most importantly for him there is plenty of lume, on the hands (including the seconds hand) and even the indices are lumed. It does just about last the night too.

Surprisingly well featured for £20.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

My 7 month old will play with my watch on my wrist, always has since she could wiggle her fingers. She'll chew away on the nato strap and chomp on the watch, a PRS82 as a teething ring - I have high hopes