closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The TZ-UK British Summer Time timekeeping challenge

Threaded View

The 2019 TZ-UK British Summer Time timekeeping challenge

NB - if entrants could do a fresh reply for each update, it'll be easier to keep track of new info, many thanks :)

-----Final scoreboard-----

Here are the final scores, sorted in class order:

and also sorted by time variance:

More analysis can be found towards the end of the thread.

Notes
    VTD = variance to date, updated weekly i.e. individual watch variance, in seconds from entry offset to latest posted offset.
    Info will generally be sorted by latest reported timekeeping by class (then alphabetically).
    Yellow shading indicates no update from the member for a couple of weeks. For date of latest leaderboard update please check edit data for this post, with apologies for any delays.

-----Original Post / How to Enter-----
    When the clocks (and watches) change this weekend, I thought it could be fun to try a bit of an accuracy challenge. A quick-n-dirty suggestion as to how it might work below, but I'm sure there could be some better suggestions between now and tomorrow night....

1. Sometime w/c 31 March, post a picture on this thread of your challenger watch beside time.is so that the time is visible on both. Identify the category your challenger is entering (HAQ, Quartz, Spring Drive, Electric, Mechanical >£1k market value; Mechanical < £1k market value)
    • Multiple entries no problem
    • The watch does NOT need to be worn throughout BST (as long as you can keep it running that's fine)
    • Should the challenger watch stop during BST, you're out! (post your excuses here)
    • I'll update this post with the leaderboard as and when.

2. Feel free to periodically post updates on this thread(again, watch and time.is screen together) with explanations, excuses, etc
    3. Sometime w/c 20 October, post a final picture on this thread (again, watch and time.is screen together)

Obviously quartz will have a natural advantage if only insofar as it's less likely to stop or need looking after if in rotation, but I would certainly love to see mechanical challengers in the mix too!
    What do we reckon ? Anyone interested ?

(By the way, this popped into my head because I regulated my quartz GS this week, so I think I've a bit of a chance myself )
    Last edited by JGJG; 29th March 2020 at 09:22. Reason: Leaderboard