closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The TZ-UK British Summer Time timekeeping challenge

Leaderboard updated!

We're now into the final week of BST - let's have your finish line pictures over the next seven days :)

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    277.5s fast, and 303s gained thus far.

Respect Sean, for wearing the Explorer every day for 6 months. I love mine but I don't think I could do it without a change.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Respect Sean, for wearing the Explorer every day for 6 months. I love mine but I don't think I could do it without a change.
    It's been just over three years straight now, but this is by far the longest it's gone without being hacked. I'm itching to reset the time next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    It's been just over three years straight now, but this is by far the longest it's gone without being hacked. I'm itching to reset the time next weekend.
    👏👏👏

Let's be having your final week's entries please folks. I am hoping to post the final, complete board early next week, when we're back to GMT time....

Here are the final updates from the JGJG stable...

The GS has been rocksteady, measuring 0.0s deviation at all times over the 7 months:

But in many ways, it’s the GLX 5600 performance that has impressed me most (of my own watches, I should quickly add), finishing up at +12s over 7 months...

Do let’s have your close-out posts between now and Sunday night; I’ll aim to get the final stats pulled together on Monday.

Thanks everyone for taking part, and/or following along

I'm very much looking forward to the next edition of this - my latest auto is just +3.5 secs over the last 14 days (and most of that was thanks to the PR running low)

Keeping it going throughout the GMT period will be another matter!

Many years ago I had a colleague who had come up through the ranks in a technical branch of the armed services, spending some time in the far east on the way. As might be imagined he had a colourful collection of sayings one particular favourite being, 'you lie like a cheap Seiko watch'. This was regularly deployed whenever he felt that anyone wasn't quite on the same wavelength as himself.

How times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Even putting to one side both its astonishing accuracy and the high standard of the competition, this has be the pick of the bunch for me. A truly elegant and highly functional timepiece.

On a side note, the Renault Clio - since being returned to the watch box and kept out of the direct sunlight - hasn't missed another beat giving it to an (unofficial) total of +7s for the full course. It looks like it could very well be the sudden change in temperature which was the root cause of the hiatus(es).

Well, my old pal came good

Its not thermo compensated and so it would seem that my 7a38-7070 runs faster when warm and slower when cold. The end result over this test is +1s overall !!

Not bad for a 35 year and 4 month old watch and testament to just how legendary these 7a28 and 7a38 chronos are.

29 seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Let's be having your final week's entries please folks. I am hoping to post the final, complete board early next week, when we're back to GMT time....
    Will you be doing a GMT thread? (If so, good luck thinking up a thread title that doesn't attract lots of Rolex owners wanting to talk about their coloured bezels)

Master
    Finishing up bottom of the quartz pile at +81s.

Not sure I have anything ready for a GMT challenge, maybe next BST.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Banned
    My Citizen Excalibur has been kept within +/-6s for this 6 months. It would be - a lot more if I wore it more but it gains time when off wrist.

Ready for winter

The +3 seconds are in the 17 days since I last set it. This movement has an independent hour hand which given how little foreign travel I do is almost completely wasted on me. So I was pleased to finally have an excuse for using it this morning!
    Last edited by Der Amf; 27th October 2019 at 10:54.

Many thanks Everyone for the first rate effort in getting the final reports in - I will get a final scoreboard sorted tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Will you be doing a GMT thread? (If so, good luck thinking up a thread title that doesn't attract lots of Rolex owners wanting to talk about their coloured bezels)
    🤣🤣🤣

Final check in for the megaquartz before I move it back the hour.

+40 seconds exact. Not bad for what I think is the oldest boy in the challenge at 45 years old?
    Last edited by Tetlee; 27th October 2019 at 10:45.

Well done to all that made it to the end.

I just totted up the number of weeks: 30. So 210 days.

My final reading for the DW5600-HR is +47 seconds for the half year. That's not too bad at all. The lucky thing can now be reset to GMT and the right time!

At last!

Cool

Leaderboard updated, finalised and closed out!

Here are the final scores, sorted in class order:

and also sorted by time variance:

Very well done to everyone who participated, and especially those who made it to the end. It's been a blast :)

Here’s how the finishers stacked up for performance:

Last edited by JGJG; 29th October 2019 at 22:04.

Although I’ve shortened the axis above better to illustrate the various performances, I do feel that those dedicated few who ran with big variances are certainly worth a separate chart:

Here then are the performances by class.

First up electric:

HAQs:

Mechanical watches:

Spring Drive:

and last, but certainly not least, the very competitive and spirited quartz class:

The TZ-UK British Summer Time timekeeping challenge

Revealing the symbiosis of wearer and machine over 7 months, here’s an analysis of participation to round things off.

Last edited by JGJG; 1st November 2019 at 20:55.

Hey who can not like stats and graphs? Very interesting and thanks for compiling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Hey who can not like stats and graphs? Very interesting and thanks for compiling them.
    You’re most welcome. Tapatalk seems to be playing up this evening with its image sizing; hopefully I’ll have scope to improve the chart legibility in the near future.

Master
    Thanks for running the challenge and for the added bonus of the stats. Have to agree with Tetlee, can't beat some colourful charts.

Last edited by Der Amf; 28th March 2020 at 15:19.

Anyone fancy doing this again? Keeping multiple manuals running should be a lot easier this year.....

Anyone fancy doing this again? Keeping multiple manuals running should be a lot easier this year.....
    I am up for it. Is watchTracker App acceptable for tracking?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I am up for it. Is watchTracker App acceptable for tracking?
    Last year the rule was....

Sometime w/c 31 March, post a picture on this thread of your challenger watch beside time.is so that the time is visible on both.

Identify the category your challenger is entering (HAQ, Quartz, Spring Drive, Electric, Mechanical >£1k market value; Mechanical < £1k market value)

I'm up for it again... have a superquartz this time... reckon I might be able to get close to +-0s this time

I will get give it a go again
    Maybe something a bit more challenging than a quartz chrono this time

Since the hour hand on this is independent, I can start mine now, in the mechanical section. It's already been running since mid-February without needing adjusting.

With the mechanicals, how long you can keep it running is something in itself! I think only one made it to the end last year.

Master
    I'm up for it, although it'll have to be a quartz as I only have one functioning mechanical and its time keeping isn't great.

Blog Entries
    I'm in. But having mechanical only - may be a challenge.

Please can the full T&C be published - do you have to wear the watch every day for the next 6 months??. I just re-read the first post. Cheers

I suggest a new post is started for this time - else it may get very confusing with previous entrances!
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 28th March 2020 at 22:08.

I’d like to take part this year, are we adding to this thread or is there a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    I’d like to take part this year, are we adding to this thread or is there a new one?
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I suggest a new post is started for this time - else it may get very confusing with previous entrances!
    Done!

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?t=469244