closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Getting into Central London

Master

Getting into Central London

Could somebody advise me as to the best way into Central London please.

Next week I have to drive to Aldershot in the morning and then get into London (Barbican) in the afternoon by Tube, so I need a Tube Station near the M3 that has parking.

I've considered Hounslow, but not sure what the availability of parking is like there.

Thanks for any advice.

Hounslow West has a large car park attached to it with plenty of space and charge £5.50 for the day.

Hounslow East has also has a car park which s cheaper but is much smaller so tends to fill up quickly.

There is parking at Hatton Cross, but its £9 per day

Of the 3 Hounslow West is your best bet.

Theres quite a large multi story car park attached to the Barbican (Ive used it quite few times) - have you considered driving?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Hounslow West has a large car park attached to it with plenty of space and charge £5.50 for the day.

Hounslow East has also has a car park which s cheaper but is much smaller so tends to fill up quickly.

There is parking at Hatton Cross, but its £9 per day

Of the 3 Hounslow West is your best bet.

Great, thanks Kris

Master
    Or Richmond, Old Deer Park car park is about 10 minutes walk from the tube station or there is an NCP next to the station.

Alternatively head from Aldershit to Guildford and join the A3 and then head for Morden tube station. There is a free (yes, inside the M25 and free) multi story right next door.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Theres quite a large multi story car park attached to the Barbican (Ive used it quite few times) - have you considered driving?
    No didn't consider that.
    Is that within the congestion charging zone?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    Or Richmond, Old Deer Park car park is about 10 minutes walk from the tube station or there is an NCP next to the station.

Alternatively head from Aldershit to Guildford and join the A3 and then head for Morden tube station. There is a free (yes, inside the M25 and free) multi story right next door.
    Thanks Jeremy

Getting into Central London

Osterley station (Piccadilly Line) on the A4.

Closer to Central London than Hounslow, and loads of free parking within 5 mins walk from the station, on Osterley Road and surrounding other residential roads.

Only roads very close to Osterley station have parking controls.

This is where I park when I’m using Heathrow, as it’s 15 mins on the tube, and saves me a fortune over Heathrow car parks.

Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    No didn't consider that.
    Is that within the congestion charging zone?
    I find driving in central London good fun depending on the time of day of course. The 'Ways' app seems pretty good at finding the best route as regards traffic.

Yes, the Barbican is within the congestion zone so you need to factor this in - it depends on the type and age of car you drive as to how much you pay. I usually pay £24 per day for my 15 year old MX5.

Master
    All,

thanks very much for your advice.
    The trip into London is to attend a job interview, so the easier I can get there in the least stressful way as possible is most important to me.
    Your advice has given me a range of options, so many thanks for your help.

Adam.

Adam,

Here's an alternative. Do your drive to Aldershot and then drive to Woking (approx 20mins) and catch the train to Waterloo. There's a big long stay car park here and a one day travelcard (as you will be travelling after 9.30am) is very cost effective

The faster non-stop service is only 25mins from there and even the stopping service is around 45mins. From Waterloo a couple of tubes to Barbican.

I would avoid driving in to London if your going there for a job interview. Keep your stress levels down and you could do some research on the train.

John

Stress free, why not take the train from Aldershot. Drainpipe from Waterloo to Bank and then 10 minute walk to the Barbican to stretch your legs.

Otherwise, as mentioned, up the M3 which becomes the A316 to Richmond and then tube.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    We either get the train in from Woking or park in Richmond and get the tube.

Craftsman
    I also used to do Richmond Deer Park then tube in (driving from Dorset)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Stress free, why not take the train from Aldershot. Drainpipe from Waterloo to Bank and then 10 minute walk to the Barbican to stretch your legs.

Otherwise, as mentioned, up the M3 which becomes the A316 to Richmond and then tube.

+1 I'd recommend train from Aldershot to London Waterloo -

https://www.thetrainline.com/train-t...ondon-waterloo

Then - a one-stop tube journey from Waterloo - City (Bank)

https://www.tubestatus.net/line/waterloo-and-city

And easy walk (less than 10mins to Barbican up to London Wall and along.

I certainly won't drive to London - too much stress and unknowns - London Bridge is terrible at the moment.

Martyn

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge the car park the NCP by Sainsbury’s is £4 per day, not free, unless its changed or I’m thinking of the wrong one.

https://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-par...orden-stn-lul/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post

Nice one Billy,

Aldershot rail station's only a 10 minute walk from where my meeting is in Aldershot.
    That sounds like probably the easiest option.

Thanks