closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Auctions buying watches

Auctions buying watches

Does anyone use these websites to buy watches?

Theres one that always comes on my feed on Facebook WLC Auctions and they have a Rolex RB thats being auctioned off on the 31st (heads up).

There is always some tasty stuff on there but I personally dont have the balls to bid on them.

Has anyone used this particular auction before?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I've no experience of them either but thanks for posting as they look like an interesting alternative buying outlet, if they get the thumbs up of course!

Craftsman
    Never used them although they and fellows auctions target me with ads a lot.

I think the buyers premium is an additional 20odd percent so things aren’t as much as a bargain as you might think.

Banned
    Catawiki is another one that emails me often but I’ve never bid on anything . Don’t like online auctions to be honest , don’t trust them

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I attended one of their mixed auctions recently in a local hotel. Lots of watches on offer. Looked reasonable. No problem with inspecting and handling them. All with boxes and papers. Selling at sensible prices even with the premium.

Their online venture is new and I believe they have only run one or two so far.

I wouldn't buy remotely. Delivery and return if there was an issue is a bit of an unknown

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by charlies View Post
    Catawiki is another one that emails me often but I’ve never bid on anything . Don’t like online auctions to be honest , don’t trust them

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Most of my watches have come via Catawiki. I haven't had any problems but I go in with an open mind, not expecting to get a mint condition watch. Plus the most I have spent is £300 so I am not committing more than I am happy to risk. I think the "experts" estimates are on the high side but then it wouldn't suit them to under estimate. Strangely Seiko 5s seem to go for a lot more than perhaps they should.

The dangerous aspect is the sheer quantity of watches they have at any one time means that there is likely to be quite a few watches to your taste. Then the hard part becomes restraint. Something I should have worked harder to practice.

Tapatapatapatapatalk
    Last edited by Wimm; 29th March 2019 at 20:48.