closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedmaster Aftermarket Bracelet

Apprentice

Speedmaster Aftermarket Bracelet

I have my first luxury brand on order, a Speedmaster Moonwatch Pro and I was wondering if there are any decent aftermarket bracelets for it?

It’s not that I don’t like the original bracelet, I do but I love the old 1450. I think it looks amazing on the watch but I’m just not prepared to pay the ludicrous prices that they command.

If anyone could point me in the direction of an aftermarket that resembles the 1450 it would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I’m sure that you’re not alone with this opinion. I’m surprised that Strapcode haven’t come along with an alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    I’m sure that you’re not alone with this opinion. I’m surprised that Strapcode haven’t come along with an alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    It just looks like it belongs to the Speedmaster. I honestly can’t believe the prices they are commanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you considered the 1171? Still available from Omega.

Master
    I picked up a Speedmaster last week and have been exploring bracelet options. I like the 1450 style, then I saw the prices being asked. No Thanks.

I then started looking for aftermarket options and checked Ebay along with the usual vendors such as Strapcode which turned up zero results, very surprising I thought considering the popularity and number of Speedmasters out there but there you go.

So I hatched a plan involving a President style aftermarket Seiko SKX013 bracelet on Ebay. It has 20mm lugs and with a bit of bending and filing reckoned I could make it fit. The end links weren't too hard to do but the bracelet had far too many links putting the clasp at the back of my wrist with all the removable links removed. It must've came from the same factory where my Seiko 6138 UFO bracelet came from as that was the same, so it was out with the circlip pliers I'd previously modified for removing fixed links.

End links filed into shape, bracelet adjusted and on the wrist -

It's not perfect as there's a large gap on the end link where the bracelet attaches but I'm not complaining for £20 -

The Seiko branded clasp is a mild annoyance but that'll be rectified tomorrow by an identical but unbranded one which cost £4.80 posted from Cousins. I'm pretty pleased with it considering the outlay.
    Last edited by Dynam0humm; 21st August 2019 at 19:12.

Blog Entries
    Nice! The first successful 'aftermarket bracelet' for a Speedy I think. You may have started something.

Menno