closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Poljot Avaitor Chronograph - what a bargain

Poljot Avaitor Chronograph - what a bargain

Got this of markosgr28 on Friday & I'm well chuffed :D

Thanks again Markos, hope you don't mind me using your photos.

The case has a lovely bead blasted finish, the dial is clear, with good lume. If I was being really picky - I'd prefer the date window to be very slightly bigger & the date display to be white on black to match the sub-dials, but hey.
    The watch is on a decent quality leather strap, it came in a nice leather official box, with the warranty booklet (plus the cardboard outer) and even the original S/S bracelet, which is also of good quality.

It's by far & away the cheapest watch I've ever bought, but I love it & it's not been off my wrist since I got it.

I'm new to Poljot (or any Russian watches TBH) so do any of you guys know, are these things reliable & robust enough to stand up to a bit of stick? From the look & feel I'd guess yes, but I'm looking for feed back from those with more experience. Thanks in anticipation.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master

Re: Poljot Avaitor Chronograph - what a bargain

Nice purchase. :thumbleft:
    Is the movement Poljot 3133? I suppose so.

I've an affinity to Russian watches. IMO the value is still very good for the money, even prices (at least for new ones) have risen. The movement are robust and reliable, but of course not that exact like Swiss or Japanese quality.

I suggest to add a Poljot folding clasp (quite cheap, too), but that's a question of personal preference.

Enjoy it. :)

Grand Master

Nice watch! Not owned one for many years .. like all watches, you hear good & bad, but the one I had kept good time & was both robust & tough.
    /vince ..

Quote Originally Posted by wombat
    Cheers. The movement is actually stated as a 31681 in the booklet - hand wound chrono, not auto.
    Of course auto would be nicer, but hey.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Looks good, I may have to revise my 5 watch rule soon! :wink:
    F.T.F.A.

Looks good Andy.

My Poljot Arctic has stood up to everything I've thrown at it. Keeps great time too. :)
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Very nice watch! I own 2 Poljots, and i´m very satisfied with them.

Regards,
    Rui

Blog Entries

Your Poljot is quite a good watch for the money. Enjoy it!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat
    Cheers. The movement is actually stated as a 31681 in the booklet - hand wound chrono, not auto.
    Of course auto would be nicer, but hey.
    I'm not sure about this. Movement Poljot 3133 has two subdials (at "3" and "9"). Poljot 31681 has intrinsically a third subdial (24 h indication) at "6". Source:
    http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db. ... ljot_31681 (in German).
    Poljot 3133 is by far the most frequently used movement in Russian chronographs. It's robust and reliable. I've three 3133 chronos, all working well but even not too exact.

Poljot 31681

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db. ... ljot_31681

Poljot 3133 (based on Valjoux 7733/7734)

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db. ... oljot_3133

Very nice watch you have there and very underrated. I have the exact same model on a bracelet and after having it adjusted, it served me faithfully. I wore it every day for several years. It finally gave up the spirit after having been banged into somethig. One of the pushres is crocked and i assume, that is what caused its demise. Only drawback, or should I say the thing I learned, is that I am not able to keep a watch with protruding pushers like that. At the price point it does not matter though.

I will buy a Poljot again. As a matter of fact, i am going to Moscow soon and will make it my business to buy a Poljot.

Enjoy yours

Wombat - I'll bow to your superior knowledge, I just looked in the book.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master

Congrats! The movement is definately 3133 :-)

Master

Wombat - I'll bow to your superior knowledge, I just looked in the book.
    I hope you don't think of me as a wisenheimer.

But I know the problem with Russian watches an their manuals. Sometimes I think packaging the watches they just grab into the next box and fetch whatever there is inside. :roll:

Here is my Poljot. It is an old trooper and now retired. A friend brought it from Moscow several years ago.

After reading the posts above, i opened the Poljot and took a look inside. The movement is a 3133.

Master

Hi

Poljots IMO represent excellent value for money. I had a Strela until very recently when a Work Colleague persuaded me to part with it. It never let me down and was stunning looking watch.

Enjoy 8)

Cheers
    Martin

Master

Poljot 3133 ...

Hanging around here I zapped the tv channels and stopped at a German shopping channel offering mechanical watches. It's really distressful to hear that guy talking stupid crap. A brilliant mixture of foolishness, lack of basic knowledge and advertisement lies. For example he confused zircons and artificial rubies. :twisted:
    The he offered when I hopped in was a JUNKERS chrono with movement Poljot 3133. (Did you know Poljot wheels are mounted on zircons?)

Even though there's nothing wrong with that movement, he called the raw and unfinished Russian movement movement as a kind of fantastic high end artwork. :roll:

I'm sure you have such a modern comfort like reliable tv shops offering those high end watches for bargain prices in the UK and elsewhere, too. :wink:

Journeyman

Hi -

I've got the PVD version:

It's a very good performer, doesn't get one heck of a lot of wrist time, but wouldn't part with it. Got it 3 years ago in Vienna from poljot.at.

JohnF

WatchScout - Big thanks for going to all that trouble. My watch does look like exactly the same model as yours, so guess the moment is almost certainly to be the 3133 as Wombat said. - Thanks guys.

JohnF - like that PVD version, but for me the bead blasted case about just edges it.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Andy, no problem and no trouble at all. Thanks. It is great to see somebody else enjoying the same model. I hope that you will be half as pleased with it as I have been.

As mentioned my Poljot ran great for years after being adjusted by a competent watchmaker.

I notice that you have the Poljot on leather, did you get the bracelet also? I know that some guys on the forum will only wear a leather strap on their watches and would never dream of wearing a steel bracelet.

The bracelet that I have is an original bought in Moscow. I wore the watch on a strap for a while and then changed to the bracelet. Hence the bracelet is not as beat up as the watch case and I am sure that most of the swirls/scratches can be polished out. It has no gouges and the edges are still relatively sharp and the bracelet is not "loose" ín the links.

If you want my Poljot bracelet, you are welcome to it, as the watch ifself has given up the spirit and has gone to the great Moscow Watch Factory Number One in the sky.

I will send it to you for free, if interested.

Regards
    Jesper

Edit: PS Endlinks are ofcourse included. :P

Quote Originally Posted by WatchScout
    If you want my Poljot bracelet, you are welcome to it, as the watch ifself has given up the spirit and has gone to the great Moscow Watch Factory Number One in the sky.

I will send it to you for free, if interested.

Regards
    Jesper

Edit: PS Endlinks are ofcourse included. :P
    What a kind offer - PM sent
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

No problemo - PM replied to.

Got this of markosgr28 on Friday & I'm well chuffed :D

Thanks again Markos, hope you don't mind me using your photos.

The case has a lovely bead blasted finish, the dial is clear, with good lume. If I was being really picky - I'd prefer the date window to be very slightly bigger & the date display to be white on black to match the sub-dials, but hey.
    The watch is on a decent quality leather strap, it came in a nice leather official box, with the warranty booklet (plus the cardboard outer) and even the original S/S bracelet, which is also of good quality.

It's by far & away the cheapest watch I've ever bought, but I love it & it's not been off my wrist since I got it.

I'm new to Poljot (or any Russian watches TBH) so do any of you guys know, are these things reliable & robust enough to stand up to a bit of stick? From the look & feel I'd guess yes, but I'm looking for feed back from those with more experience. Thanks in anticipation.
    Thank you for all your nice comments, that really brighten my day!! I certainly don't mind for the photos! Thank you.

Regards,
    Markos

Great looking watch. Congratulations!