closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Paul Walker - absolute legend

Paul Walker - absolute legend

Long story....

I eventually managed to find a watch I’d been trying to get for sometime - a pre-bond automatic in larger case with full b&p.

Managed to source one from Italy via chrono24 and managed to get it at a decent price after negotiation. Watch arrived and I was blown away at the condition .... barely a mark on it.

After a couple of days, I realised it was running slow and it needed a service.
    Paul came to the rescue, and sorted it out - sounds as though it had been poorly serviced, over oiled and there were loose screws in the movement.

After he turned his magic on, the watch was returned. Overjoyed I wore it for about 3 days when disaster struck. I took the watch off for a theatre list and on putting it back on, I managed to drop the watch onto a hard vinyl floor. The face of the watch landed squarely on the floor.

On inspection all seemed well, except the second hand had got displaced and was somehow spinning freely - the hinge being lodged between the glass and the spindle

Paul being the utter gent took the watch back, fixed it and ensured it was still regulated.

I can’t thank the chap enough. It’s always a bitter sweet moment buying a grail for it to need fixing again and again..... that’s the greatness of TZ

Banned
    Blog Entries
    A great actor. He will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    A great actor. He will be missed.
    Knew his way around an engine too, I suppose there are lots of skills under the bonnet transferable to the watch world.

Guilty secret for me his films

Was it running fast & furious?

Is that the same guy that keeps telling everyone to buy birth year watches, but only if they are 44mm or bigger

Quote Originally Posted by speedypro1111 View Post
    Was it running fast & furious?
    Lol

Grand Master
    The real Paul Walker is alive and kicking, enjoying retirement and fixing the odd watch or two

Simon, you’re too kind!

This watch was a fairly straightforward job, apart from beng doused in sufficient oil to fry chips it was in OK condition. My heart sank when it returned after being dropped, no-one enjoys taking their own work apart after a couple if weeks, but fortunately the watch hadn’t suffered damage apart from the seconds hand being shocked off its mounting and the regulator arm having moved a tad. A quick job to press it back on, check the watch on the timegrapher, and regulate it.

I’m sure Simon felt bad enough about dropping the watch, I didn’t offer sympathy but I did fix it free of charge......can’t say fairer than that

I had the package opened, the watch apart and back together whilst my wife was cooking lunch, not my most enjoyable ‘quickie’ but a quickie all the same.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Knew his way around an engine too, I suppose there are lots of skills under the bonnet transferable to the watch world.
    That’s something my departed namesake and I have in common........provided the engine in question is from an MGB.

Not sure about transferable skills, brute force doesn’t work with watches!

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    The real Paul Walker is alive and kicking, enjoying retirement and fixing the odd watch or two

Simon, you’re too kind!

This watch was a fairly straightforward job, apart from beng doused in sufficient oil to fry chips it was in OK condition. My heart sank when it returned after being dropped, no-one enjoys taking their own work apart after a couple if weeks, but fortunately the watch hadn’t suffered damage apart from the seconds hand being shocked off its mounting and the regulator arm having moved a tad. A quick job to press it back on, check the watch on the timegrapher, and regulate it.

I’m sure Simon felt bad enough about dropping the watch, I didn’t offer sympathy but I did fix it free of charge......can’t say fairer than that

I had the package opened, the watch apart and back together whilst my wife was cooking lunch, not my most enjoyable ‘quickie’ but a quickie all the same.
    Any pictures of the movement as it was originally presented to you ?

Grand Master
    I think I have a couple, I took one of the mainspring barrel because it was literally dripping with oil........it’s not supposed to be like that!