closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Strap for Tudor GMT

Master

Strap for Tudor GMT

Having put an annoying scratch on my SS clasp I'm considering some sort of leather/fabric alternative. I don't like Nato style and I like them to have curved ends that fit neatly between the (22mm) lugs. Any ideas?

I’m OCD about scratches and have come up with a satisfactory way to protect my clasps. I purchase from ebay those Zagg mobile phone screen protectors. If you buy the size for obsolete phones, they are very cheap. Cut this to clasp size and apply...you end up with unnoticeable protection for the clasp that stays put but will leave no residue when taking off.
    Last edited by Christian; 26th March 2019 at 18:05.

Craftsman
    Google dangerous9.. expensive, but very nice..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I’m OCD about scratches and have come up with a satisfactory way to protect my clasps. I purchase from ebay those Zagg mobile phone screen protectors. If you buy the size for obsolete phones, they are very cheap. Cut this to clasp size and apply...you end up with unnoticeable protection for the clasp that stays put but will leave no residue when taking off.
    Superb idea Christian, many thanks for the suggestion.

Craftsman
    Have a look on Bremonts site, they do a good range. I think all their straps have curved end links and come supplied with curved spring bars.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Master
    I have my GMT on a reddy/brown Steveostraps. Looks great!

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I did buy the genuine Tudor strap for mine bit didn't like it. One of the reasons was the gap between the strap and the case. A curved one certainly helps that.
    That's just me though.

Master
    Great suggestions I shall look into these. Re. protecting the clasp, I think I want to remove it altogether as I'm sure I will do more damage due to my propensity for bashing around like a drunk rhino.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I bought a nubuck strap with curved ends from bremont and I've been really impressed with the quality.

A GasGasBones Special on mine:

http://ibb.co/4KQ2f0n

Master
    Thanks Robc. Anyone else got any pics of their GMT on a strap?

You don’t necessarily need a strap with fitted end links. You could just buy some end links to cover the gap and use them with a normal straight end strap.

Neil

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    You don’t necessarily need a strap with fitted end links. You could just buy some end links to cover the gap and use them with a normal straight end strap.

Neil
    That does look a lot better, are they the standard end links?

Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    That does look a lot better, are they the standard end links?

They are non OEM. Bought them on here, not sure who makes them.

I think a bit of google re “black bay fitted end links” would do the trick.

Neil

Journeyman
    Great idea Christian. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

You can get them from http://www.smartyendlinks.com/
    I've sets for my Daytona and DJII. Excellent quality although I always end up going back to the bracelets.

I much prefer watches on bracelet but I have given up with the Tudor GMT as i just cannot get it to fit.

I have tried all combinations including reversing it, no matter what i do i can get it the right length but after a while it ends up ‘digging’ into the underside of my wrist at the clasp. I do have very small wrists.

I have decided to go for nato as if I leave it as is know i just won’t wear it.

All in all it a fantastic looking watch and I’m prepared to percivere and compromise.

Considering selling the bracelet but not sure, might be better to keep it as a full set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

I’ve got all these to try on my GMT, only issue is Tudor still have it in for repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Page 20 of the Tudor GMT thread have some photo's of it on the Crafter Blue rubber strap

That's what I have on mine, good quality strap

Cheers

Kevin

Craftsman
    That's a great idea, I'm going to give it a try I just hope I can fit it more successfully than I can to my phone!!

I apply exactly as I would do to the phone using a bit of the spray. Once it dries, it adheres well. Although not entirely invisible, it looks neat enough and even works to some extent over uneven clasps like on Rolex. The neatness is dependent on how well you cut the plastic film to size. It's by no means perfect, but does the job and isn't noticeable to others.
    Last edited by Christian; 27th March 2019 at 12:29.

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I bought a nubuck strap with curved ends from bremont and I've been really impressed with the quality.
    I bought a £150+ strap in their sale for 40% off, and returned it as it wasn't as good quality as a £20 Geckota.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    I bought a £150+ strap in their sale for 40% off, and returned it as it wasn't as good quality as a £20 Geckota.
    Haha I did the same sale around Christmas. Mine is superb.