closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Strap for Tudor GMT

  1. #1
    Master Harry Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    2,362

    Strap for Tudor GMT

    Having put an annoying scratch on my SS clasp I'm considering some sort of leather/fabric alternative. I don't like Nato style and I like them to have curved ends that fit neatly between the (22mm) lugs. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Master Christian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,174
    I’m OCD about scratches and have come up with a satisfactory way to protect my clasps. I purchase from ebay those Zagg mobile phone screen protectors. If you buy the size for obsolete phones, they are very cheap. Cut this to clasp size and apply...you end up with unnoticeable protection for the clasp that stays put but will leave no residue when taking off.
    Last edited by Christian; 26th March 2019 at 18:05.

  3. #3
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    170
    Google dangerous9.. expensive, but very nice..

  4. #4
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Iím OCD about scratches and have come up with a satisfactory way to protect my clasps. I purchase from ebay those Zagg mobile phone screen protectors. If you buy the size for obsolete phones, they are very cheap. Cut this to clasp size and apply...you end up with unnoticeable protection for the clasp that stays put but will leave no residue when taking off.
    Superb idea Christian, many thanks for the suggestion.

  5. #5
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    254
    Have a look on Bremonts site, they do a good range. I think all their straps have curved end links and come supplied with curved spring bars.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    432
    I have my GMT on a reddy/brown Steveostraps. Looks great!

    Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

  7. #7
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    254
    I did buy the genuine Tudor strap for mine bit didn't like it. One of the reasons was the gap between the strap and the case. A curved one certainly helps that.
    That's just me though.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Master Harry Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    2,362
    Great suggestions I shall look into these. Re. protecting the clasp, I think I want to remove it altogether as I'm sure I will do more damage due to my propensity for bashing around like a drunk rhino.

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,628
    Blog Entries
    1
    I bought a nubuck strap with curved ends from bremont and I've been really impressed with the quality.

  10. #10
    Master robcuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canary Wharf
    Posts
    2,368
    A GasGasBones Special on mine:



    http://ibb.co/4KQ2f0n

  11. #11
    Master Harry Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    2,362
    Thanks Robc. Anyone else got any pics of their GMT on a strap?

  12. #12
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,541
    You donít necessarily need a strap with fitted end links. You could just buy some end links to cover the gap and use them with a normal straight end strap.

    Neil

  13. #13
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    You donít necessarily need a strap with fitted end links. You could just buy some end links to cover the gap and use them with a normal straight end strap.

    Neil
    That does look a lot better, are they the standard end links?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,541
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    That does look a lot better, are they the standard end links?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    They are non OEM. Bought them on here, not sure who makes them.

    I think a bit of google re ďblack bay fitted end linksĒ would do the trick.

    Neil

  15. #15
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Iím OCD about scratches and have come up with a satisfactory way to protect my clasps. I purchase from ebay those Zagg mobile phone screen protectors. If you buy the size for obsolete phones, they are very cheap. Cut this to clasp size and apply...you end up with unnoticeable protection for the clasp that stays put but will leave no residue when taking off.
    Great idea Christian. Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  16. #16
    You can get them from http://www.smartyendlinks.com/
    I've sets for my Daytona and DJII. Excellent quality although I always end up going back to the bracelets.

  17. #17
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Norwich, Norfolk
    Posts
    549
    I much prefer watches on bracelet but I have given up with the Tudor GMT as i just cannot get it to fit.

    I have tried all combinations including reversing it, no matter what i do i can get it the right length but after a while it ends up Ďdiggingí into the underside of my wrist at the clasp. I do have very small wrists.

    I have decided to go for nato as if I leave it as is know i just wonít wear it.

    All in all it a fantastic looking watch and Iím prepared to percivere and compromise.

    Considering selling the bracelet but not sure, might be better to keep it as a full set.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    441


    Iíve got all these to try on my GMT, only issue is Tudor still have it in for repair.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,078
    Page 20 of the Tudor GMT thread have some photo's of it on the Crafter Blue rubber strap

    That's what I have on mine, good quality strap

    Cheers

    Kevin

  20. #20
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Iím OCD about scratches and have come up with a satisfactory way to protect my clasps. I purchase from ebay those Zagg mobile phone screen protectors. If you buy the size for obsolete phones, they are very cheap. Cut this to clasp size and apply...you end up with unnoticeable protection for the clasp that stays put but will leave no residue when taking off.
    That's a great idea, I'm going to give it a try I just hope I can fit it more successfully than I can to my phone!!

  21. #21
    Master Christian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,174
    I apply exactly as I would do to the phone using a bit of the spray. Once it dries, it adheres well. Although not entirely invisible, it looks neat enough and even works to some extent over uneven clasps like on Rolex. The neatness is dependent on how well you cut the plastic film to size. It's by no means perfect, but does the job and isn't noticeable to others.
    Last edited by Christian; 27th March 2019 at 12:29.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I bought a nubuck strap with curved ends from bremont and I've been really impressed with the quality.
    I bought a £150+ strap in their sale for 40% off, and returned it as it wasn't as good quality as a £20 Geckota.

  23. #23
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,628
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    I bought a £150+ strap in their sale for 40% off, and returned it as it wasn't as good quality as a £20 Geckota.
    Haha I did the same sale around Christmas. Mine is superb.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information