closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oris servicing.

Master

Oris servicing.

Recommendations please....!

Oris UK Sevice Centre.

Bit it tongue in cheek, but after having had a bad experience with a third party servicing a Breitling, I always accept the slight premium and go for the original manufacturer.

My worst experience ever...I once took a watch to The Watch Lab for a service, they charged £280. I later found out that they just sent it straight to the manufacturer who charged them £160. This info was kindly volunteered to me by the manufacturer who checked their records against the watch. I felt like a right mug.

The best independent servicing I’ve ever had done was by Paul (walkerwek1958) on this forum. I highly regard his work.
    Last edited by Christian; 25th March 2019 at 19:52.

What’s the issue?
    I thought mine was running slow and might need a service. After advice on the movement here, I dropped it off at a local independent who demagnetised it for a few quid .

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    The best independent servicing I’ve ever had done was by Paul (walkerwek1958) on this forum. I highly regard his work.
    +1 for Paul.

He serviced and polished my Aquaracer with standard ETA 2824 around 18 months ago.

Great service at a very reasonable cost. Hopefully he’s still taking new watches for service, as I know he has other projects.

Journeyman

Oris day pointer

Hi All

Can anyone advise me at all. I`m interested in buying an Oris day pointer, I like the retro looks. Can anyone tell me if they`re reliable enough to splash out on ??.

Quote Originally Posted by gubbins View Post
    Hi All

Can anyone advise me at all. I`m interested in buying an Oris day pointer, I like the retro looks. Can anyone tell me if they`re reliable enough to splash out on ??.
    Oris have been making watches with a date pointer for the last 40 + years at least, you're in safe hands.

n2
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Very reliable in my experience. I’ve never serviced any of mine. I think oldest is about 15 years now.

Apprentice
    Hi All

Just a standard ETA 2824 in my date pointer still going nicely after 20 yrs. Has had a couple of services but amplitude etc still excellent runs to about 10s/day. The acrylic crystal can be a bit soft but easily tidied up if lightly scratched/scuffed

service

Morning All
    Just a quick question is the official Oris service centre still Chronotime in Bolton ? , i have a Big Crown pointer that i believe has never been serviced although it runs well would like to get it looked at

Cheers

Wayne

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    Morning All
    Just a quick question is the official Oris service centre still Chronotime in Bolton ? , i have a Big Crown pointer that i believe has never been serviced although it runs well would like to get it looked at

Cheers

Wayne
    It is according to their website.

https://www.oris.ch/en/service-centres?data=80

Hi All

Buy with confidence. I love mine and it’s very accurate for a mechanical watch.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RickS View Post
    It is according to their website.

https://www.oris.ch/en/service-centres?data=80
    Just to confirm, I contacted Oris about a problem under warranty and they told me to send the watch here.

Thanks Johnny & Rick