closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Here it is... my Rolex smart watch!

Here it is... my Rolex smart watch!

… well, kind of...

I've just received my Wena (stop giggling at the back) from Sony. It's a bracelet that is designed to fit most 18, 20 and 22mm watch heads and add smart features. The smart features are step counting, payment and notifications. The latter was the most important feature to me and I must say, it works quite well. Basically it connects to my phone via Bluetooth and then I can set up what notifications to receive (for example, emails, calls, messages, motion alerts from my security system, etc.). It's a bit fiddly to set up, with an overly convoluted system to replace the links, but overall it's pretty cool and I am quite happy with it. I am going to try wearing it for a few days and see how I get along.

I tried it on several different watches, including some vintage and modern ones. I must say, in my view it looks best on larger, more modern watches, due to its design and size. I only tried it on 20 and 22mm heads, and I doubt it would look great on 18mm ones, again due to its size.

Anyway, here are some photos for anyone who's interested to see what it looks like on a GMT, a Tudor and a Blackbird.

There's some more information here: https://www.sony.co.uk/wena

It’s not for everyone, but I think it’s an interesting development.

By the way, I have bought two of these bracelets in error and plan to return one. I think there's a waiting list of at least a month or two for them now so if anyone is interested I could sell mine for what I paid for it, which is the RRP of £399 (plus shipping). Invoice provided. Just let me know within the next day or two if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by o u t a t i m e; 25th March 2019 at 17:34.

Master
    Very interested in these since I heard about them. Seems to tick all the right boxes for me (price aside!)

How does the bracelet wear comfort wise?

Also, you mention it fits 18-22mm watches, does it come with different end links then?

Finally, one image I saw seems to suggest using the end links with an explorer ii as per the pic below, is that someone messing about on Twitter, or has the design changed?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DT8hOFMX...pg&name=medium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny you mention the explorer.... Yes that’s probably a photoshop job. I tried putting the bracelet on mine and it won’t fit because the explorer’s lugs are 21mm. I was very disappointed as I thought the explorer would be a perfect match for the strap.The strap does come with 3 different pairs of end links, but only in 18, 20 and 22mm sizes.

The bracelet wears rather comfortably. It reminds me a bit of the blancpain x71 in weight and feel. I still haven’t tried putting it on the Fifty Fathoms but sadly I think the FF is 23mm.

First time I’ve heard of this bracelet from Sony and it looks really good. Impressed.

The only thing is... I have one Fatbit (the special model for obese folk) but many watches. While I probably look a dick with a thing strapped to each wrist at least I can change the thing on my left wrist every couple of days so they all get a turn and don’t feel left out. Not so easy with a fancy bracelet unless you’re a one watch man...

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Not so easy with a fancy bracelet unless you’re a one watch man...
    Very true. Though in its defence it does come with quick release spring bars. So as long as you put it on a watch with the same lug size, it takes seconds to change over.

Last edited by o u t a t i m e; 25th March 2019 at 20:11.

Master
    Very tempted, but only just upgraded my Fitbit at the start of the year. I guess I will have to wait and see what they look like on more proper watches as their popularity gains (or not?)

Just read all of the information on the website, very clever piece of tech & pretty much does everything I’d need. Strangely I thought I’d read it didn’t have HR or GPS but the FAQ suggests it does.

A shame the end links couldn’t be used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, what's the water resistance like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Strangely I thought I’d read it didn’t have HR or GPS but the FAQ suggests it does.
    Not on this model - only on the ‘Active’ version

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    Interesting, what's the water resistance like?
    It's water proof but I wouldn't go snorkelling with it.

Master
    active only has WR to 3 bar so pretty pointless and I can't see anything about HR monitoring which is a must have for me. Shame.

nifty idea.