timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vacheron 4500 blue dial

Craftsman

Vacheron 4500 blue dial

I think these are gorgeous
    Rrp is 17k ish , second hand is 12k ish
    Both priced way out of my league

Does anyone think they will drop further second hand?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    If historic data is anything to go buy then I'd say yes, just look at the prices of gen 1 and 2 overseas. How quickly they drop in value I do not know, although I'd be surprised to see these available for much below £10k. I've tried the blue dial on a couple of times and the pictures really do not do it justice.

Master
    Have to say that I have tried on both the silver/white and blue variants of this watch and was hugely underwhelmed by the blue. I wanted to really like it but did not. The silver/white was much nicer IMVHO.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I'm hoping they'd drop to about 7k ish I could then sell 2 pieces to fund it

I find them unlikely to drop to the prices we used to see VC Overseas at. The list prices have risen substantially to the point used models have appreciated significantly and these will underpin the newer models residuals. I don't think we'll likely see a £17k VC below £10k used any time soon unless they start heavily discounting them which I very much doubt will happen.

Master
    Looking at prices on Chrono 24, I see no evidence that the price of these three handers are going to plummet to anywhere near£10k any day soon. Also, maybe I am terrible at negotiation but I could not get any discount on this watch from the VC AD in Old Bond St., London as of a few weeks ago. So, they are not desperate to sell.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    No chance they get below £10k.

Both the Gen 1s & 2s had lower retail prices, the 3 handers retailed at less then £10k (2004-2016). When you factor in the used market prices for other brands they still tend to be higher then their respective rrp's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a really gorgeous watch, I have a similar styled watch from a micro brand but if I could afford it, this would be it.

You can get 30% off a new VC if you shop about

Vacheron 4500 blue dial

This is an interesting one.

I have been looking for a third gen chrono but have been put off by the high list prices and history of poor resale values of previous generation VC overseas models.

There aren’t many pre owned 3rd gen pieces out there and I have struggled to get a decent discount for a new VC third gen chrono. Although, I have mainly approached ADs in London.

I don’t think prices will drop soon (either pre owned or new). I think VC has also tightened up supply - certainly for the reverse panda Chronograph.

I think it’s easier to get a discount in the US but buying from the US also attracts import duty/VAT...

Perhaps it’s a ‘’wait and see’’ for these models but then I don’t think VC attracts the flippers as much as other brands...so there may not be many pre-owned pieces to buy in the next 12-18 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Eamonn345; 26th March 2019 at 17:48.

Master
    If a new model were to be introduced, that might temporarily push down the price of the outgoing model. This is what happened before, though ultimately prices bounced back up as availability began to dry up, and the first generation has been influenced by the high price of the third. There’s certainly room for them to offer something that’s less bulky in future and I’d love to see a mid-size, but sadly it doesn’t feel likely to happen any time soon. They are not a brand that rushes out new versions and this is only the third generation in as many decades.

Craftsman
    Pulled the trigger on a blue 4500. Photos to follow in the next few days

Craftsman
    Congrats - looking forward to seeing some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Congrats on the VC 4500.

Looking forward to pics and your veiws on the piece.

I’ve been contemplating adding a 4500 to my collection for a good few months (thinking bronze dial).

Craftsman
    The 4500v blue or bronze will be on my wrist at some point this year, once I get other pieces sold. It's just perfect, especially with the swappable straps.

I'm under no illusion that it will drop in value, but buying correctly to begin with will help to soften the blow.

Going grey, appears to be the way forward. You can get a new/unworn watch for around £12.5k on C24, unless if anyone has any reservations about these particular sellers:

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/vacheronc...-id8026375.htm

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/vacheronc...id10031956.htm