closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Returning a watch purchased on Chrono 24

Master

Returning a watch purchased on Chrono 24

All,

I'm considering buying a watch from C24 and wondered how I would return it if I wasn't satisfied.

Is it standard practice for the dealer to assist in the collection/carriage or has anybody had to use a carrier that provided insured delivery to the EU?

The value of the watch in question is around £3.5k?

Thanks
    Adam.

I'd imagine that it depends on the returns policy of the specific seller, and has nothing to do with Chrono 24, who only provide a marketplace.

Also - not all sellers on Chrono24 are dealers. Private sellers can also use it to advertise their watches.

Apprentice
    best thing to do would be contact seller snd ask them about all return enquiries they may use someone already who deal with safe returns

Craftsman
    If you use trusted checkout you are responsible for the return of the watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed with all. Depends on the seller, btw good feedback always matters!

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koristeći Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post
    If you use trusted checkout you are responsible for the return of the watch

That's useful to know thanks, I was planning to use Trusted Checkout, so has anybody else bought a watch on TC and had to return to a dealer in EU (in my case Italy) and if so how did you do it?

Craftsman
    I having a watch delivered tomorrow via chrono 24 from an italian dealer
    will keep you posted

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    Following this thread as I am interested in knowing about delivery services for shipping watches within the EU also.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagullfan View Post
    Following this thread as I am interested in knowing about delivery services for shipping watches within the EU also.
    Having further studied the condition of the watch and asked some questions, I've decide not to pursue the purchase.

I've still not established how to return a watch insured though. If a trusted checkout buyer is responsible for the return, then I would assume that there must be carriers that can provide that service.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    What is the watch you are after Klunk?

Is it not available closer to home?

Craftsman
    The returns policy is in the FAQs in Chrono24

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    What is the watch you are after Klunk?

Is it not available closer to home?
    Ben it's a Blancpain Leman Chronograph which went out of production a few years ago.
    They do occasionally come up for sale her in the UK, but it's just a case of sorting the wheat from the chaff - finding the right watch in the right condition at the right price, hopefully with box and papers.

There are still quite a few around, but due to the period of manufacturer, finding a a nice example is proving a little difficult, but I'm confident that one will eventually turn up. I haven't totally ruled out the one I'm looking at in Italy, I'm mulling over making them an offer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post
    The returns policy is in the FAQs in Chrono24

On returns C24 FAQ's state:

"What must I do if I want to return an item?
    Purchases via Trusted Checkout: To take advantage of your 14-day right of return, please contact our support team via phone (+49 721 96693-920) or email (withdraw@chrono24.com) within 14 days of receiving the item. We will document and confirm your wish to return the item and guide you through the next steps.

If you paid the sales price directly to the dealer or private seller, please contact them regarding a return. Please note that there are no laws regulating the right of return for purchases made from private sellers."

I will give them a call to find how to ship back and the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    On returns C24 FAQ's state:

"What must I do if I want to return an item?
    Purchases via Trusted Checkout: To take advantage of your 14-day right of return, please contact our support team via phone (+49 721 96693-920) or email (withdraw@chrono24.com) within 14 days of receiving the item. We will document and confirm your wish to return the item and guide you through the next steps.

If you paid the sales price directly to the dealer or private seller, please contact them regarding a return. Please note that there are no laws regulating the right of return for purchases made from private sellers."

I will give them a call to find how to ship back and the cost.
    I once bought a watch from a Spanish seller via Chrono24's Trusted Checkout. When it arrived, it showed poor accuracy and was in need of a service (despite being 'looked through' by their watchmaker). I contacted Chrono24's support team and they were most helpful in finding a solution (in the end the seller contributed two thirds towards the cost of a service). It helps that they won't release the money held in escrow until you confirm that you are happy.

I suppose returning would be no problem at all (as a consumer, you don't even have to justify why, it could be because you don't like it). However, I would expect to have to stand for the postage.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    Having further studied the condition of the watch and asked some questions, I've decide not to pursue the purchase.

I've still not established how to return a watch insured though. If a trusted checkout buyer is responsible for the return, then I would assume that there must be carriers that can provide that service.
    Does DHL not insure watches for shipping?