closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any opinions / advice on state of these lugs / case

Any opinions / advice on state of these lugs / case

Hi all,

I’ve been looking at and am quite interested in the below watch, it is from a bricks and mortar shop but nowhere near me, I would be happy to make the trip to see in person if I can satisfy myself it’s worth the substantial trip.

With that in mind, please could I ask for opinions on the condition in regards to any over polishing, is there plenty of meat on the bone, this is approximately 35 years old so I’m not expecting pristine, unpolished but does it look acceptable to the more educated and discerning amongst us, it’s going to be worn and enjoyed, not stuck in a safe looking for an investment return.

Many Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pictures show the condition well enough so those who like pristine will say 'wait out for something better', those who don't mind a bit of wear will say 'it's worth a look' – only you can decide whether you're happy with it.

I don't mind a bit of wear so, it's worth a look if the price is right. And there's another factor to consider.

You’re right of course... ultimately it will come down to my choice. I don’t mind a bit of wear and am ok that it’s not pristine. The trouble is I can be blinded by the desire once I start to want something, so just looking for some input as to whether these look well past the point of no return, as I’m likely to convince myself it’s all fine and dandy when perhaps it’s not!

Im no expert so any feedback from those who know more about shape and / or refinishing would be greatly appreciated

My view on those is that you're better off with as new as possible. Tritium dials are nice, but nicer when they're printed on to the maxi dial. If you're going for one with White gold indices you may as well get a later model then there's some usable lume and and the bracelet would likely be less stretched and bezel edges sharper.

There's little difference between the look of one 35 years old, to the last models produced 11 years ago.

Are you happy to say him much you are looking at for it?
    I’ve been researching them over the last weeks, and whilst now not buying, do have a decent handle on prices for mint/normal/rough versions of Seadwellers (16660 and 16600 only, which yours looks like) from online, bricks and mortar and private sellers - and happy to comment on how the price looks compared to what I’ve seen recently, if you want?

Edit the above - I have found the price and the seller. It seems expensive for what it is, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Are you happy to say him much you are looking at for it?
    I’ve been researching them over the last weeks, and whilst now not buying, do have a decent handle on prices for mint/normal/rough versions of Seadwellers (16660 and 16600 only, which yours looks like) from online, bricks and mortar and private sellers - and happy to comment on how the price looks compared to what I’ve seen recently, if you want?

It’s a 16660 head only, advertised at £5800, no negotiations started