closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 750 of 853

Thread: Panerai appreciation thread

  1. #701
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Southend
    Posts
    1,239
    The 213 isnít bad either, and you have got to love that dome.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #702
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,205
    In my eyes thatís about as perfect as it gets, absolutely stunning. Weirdly itís only in the past couple of years that Iíve come to appreciate the brand, have never owned one but theyíve always caught my eye- I was away on Holiday a while back in Aruba ( watch lovers paradise) I ended up trying on so many different Panerai Models, only reason that I didnít buy anything then is that I got myself totally confused in what to buy, so many different models that I would of bought I was like a kid in a candy store!




    Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post
    The 213 isnít bad either, and you have got to love that dome.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #703
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    590 is a fantastic watch, sold mine (back to the original owner, which tells you something) as I fancied a 372/422/557.
    If I could have funded without the sale I'd have kept it, 44mm Alessandro Bettarini case is a masterpiece, 8 day wind, perfect dial balance with the historic 8-day patent roundel. Highly recommended.

    Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
    Things is as we all know itís always about the next purchase, how many times have we said Ďthis is oneí 5 minutes later weíre on the search again- I can imagine the 590 the one for a lot of people, hence realising their mistake and purchasing another one.

  4. #704
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Another vote here for a 590! Owned one a few times. Fantastic watch.

    Strap combos like this just make me want one even more :-)

  5. #705
    Beautiful 213 Fred!

    Rather smitten with the 233, need to get some more straps though. ;)

  6. #706
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Hertfordshire UK
    Posts
    432
    Thatís a lovely strap, did you order from boutique ? What is it exactly. Fancy trying one of those on my 312

    Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    New OEM strap and buckle is finally here after being stuck at customs for four weeks.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #707
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    Thatís a lovely strap, did you order from boutique ? What is it exactly. Fancy trying one of those on my 312
    This one https://www.panerai.com/gb/en/access.../mxe051dh.html

    Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

  8. #708
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Southend
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoodles View Post
    Beautiful 213 Fred!

    Rather smitten with the 233, need to get some more straps though. ;)
    Thatís a cracker Vince, not tried that reference yet. That one looks a cracker


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #709
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Southend
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    In my eyes thatís about as perfect as it gets, absolutely stunning. Weirdly itís only in the past couple of years that Iíve come to appreciate the brand, have never owned one but theyíve always caught my eye- I was away on Holiday a while back in Aruba ( watch lovers paradise) I ended up trying on so many different Panerai Models, only reason that I didnít buy anything then is that I got myself totally confused in what to buy, so many different models that I would of bought I was like a kid in a candy store!
    I thought that then I moved onto the carbotechís. 1661 and 1118
    Itís doesnít end!! But the 590 you will not be disappointed.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #710
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Hertfordshire UK
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    This one https://www.panerai.com/gb/en/access.../mxe051dh.html

    Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk
    Much obliged 🙏🏻

  11. #711
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post
    I thought that then I moved onto the carbotechís. 1661 and 1118
    Itís doesnít end!! But the 590 you will not be disappointed.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Youíve just raised the bar, not often Iím lost for words but they are simply stunning!

  12. #712
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Co.Down Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,490
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    590 is a fantastic watch, sold mine (back to the original owner, which tells you something) as I fancied a 372/422/557.
    If I could have funded without the sale I'd have kept it, 44mm Alessandro Bettarini case is a masterpiece, 8 day wind, perfect dial balance with the historic 8-day patent roundel. Highly recommended.

    Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
    And that person was me and here is the 590, my first Panerai and still with me, well my son has it at the minute



    Also hard to beat a 233, especially a dot dial, suspect out of the ones i have this would probably be the last to leave..........maybe


  13. #713
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    3,398
    Was summer-like yesterday so strapped my 243 onto a bright NATO. Sadly back to winter today.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  14. #714
    Craftsman Chewitt13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    939
    Finally got the recently acquired toshi on my 351.

    I do think thicker straps wear better on 1950 cases



    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  15. #715
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,622
    Maybe one for the watches in sunshine thread, but also a great Panerai Appreciation pic. Non-tweaked image from the phone. I must view on a PC in due course for full effect.

    Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

  16. #716
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    bucks
    Posts
    700
    Got to love a sub dial


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  17. #717
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Derby, UK
    Posts
    2,855
    My old PAM098, wish I still had it :( Will have to source another one some day.

  18. #718
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,205
    My first Panerai quest ended today- I managed to pick up this 2008 Pam 250 Daylight, fully complete set, down to the original hang tag and stickers. Now, Iíve been oohing aahing for goodness knows how long, I suppose cogitate is the politer way of putting rather than Pi56ing about :-) i love a bit if research but bejesus Panerai models and numbers had me tearing whatís left of my hair out.... 2 Toshi straps on way and no doubt countless more.

    Now I know its probably not everyoneís cup of tea but i love something different, admittedly Pam lovers seem to favour completely sterile dials but i think that was my problem when looking for one, i was listening to what other people were saying rather than just buying something that i like.

    Excuse the poor pictures.

    [IMG] [/IMG]

  19. #719
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,300
    ^ Iíve never seen that model before Rob - itís a cracker!

  20. #720
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,205
    Thanks, I had never seen one either, at least Iím now on the slippery slope of Panerai collecting :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    ^ Iíve never seen that model before Rob - itís a cracker!

  21. #721
    Craftsman Chewitt13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    Thanks, I had never seen one either, at least Iím now on the slippery slope of Panerai collecting :-)
    Rob

    That's a great start!!! Bet you have another before the end of year!!!!

    Chris

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  22. #722
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    bucks
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    Rob

    That's a great start!!! Bet you have another before the end of year!!!!

    Chris

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Or maybe two
    And think of all the straps


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  23. #723
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,205
    No doubt Chris, will still keep an eye out for a nice 590 :-)


    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    Rob

    That's a great start!!! Bet you have another before the end of year!!!!

    Chris

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    - - - Updated - - -

    Unfortunately the straps have already started.......


    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    Or maybe two
    And think of all the straps


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  24. #724
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Co.Down Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,490
    nice pick up Rob, i really like that model, had been looking at a white dial version recently.

    Welcome to the very pleasant addiction that is Panerai :-)

  25. #725
    Craftsman JayGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Salisbury
    Posts
    470
    Well done Rob, cracking watch & welcome aboard!

    Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

  26. #726
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    london
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    My old PAM098, wish I still had it :( Will have to source another one some day.
    wowsers! i love this dial

  27. #727
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    3,398
    Good to see the pics Rob, and a great choice. Welcome to the rabbit hole.

  28. #728
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    And that person was me and here is the 590, my first Panerai and still with me, well my son has it at the minute



    Also hard to beat a 233, especially a dot dial, suspect out of the ones i have this would probably be the last to leave..........maybe

    The 233 is really nice, looking hard at the resale market to find one with the dot dial...

    Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

  29. #729
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    35,962
    A question about the power reserve on the 8 day models. How far down do you owners let it drop before winding back to full reserve again to maintain accuracy? To put it another way, is there an optimum point at which accuracy is affected and therefore you wind the watch?

  30. #730
    Master Qatar-wol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Doha, Qatar and Warwick, England
    Posts
    7,762
    Arty shot of my PAM4 in the dappling sunlight.


  31. #731
    Craftsman JayGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Salisbury
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    A question about the power reserve on the 8 day models. How far down do you owners let it drop before winding back to full reserve again to maintain accuracy? To put it another way, is there an optimum point at which accuracy is affected and therefore you wind the watch?
    Both Panerai in-house 8 day movements have a near 10 day power reserve certainly 9+, so a wind every 7 days is fine.

    There is a JLC 8-day calibre fitted to one of the special editions, I have no idea about that

    Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

  32. #732
    Craftsman Wandril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Arty shot of my PAM4 in the dappling sunlight.

    Looks stunning!

  33. #733
    Craftsman konlew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    430
    Mission accomplished!

  34. #734
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lincs.
    Posts
    1,398
    I'll be wearing this for the next day or 2 as I've got a couple of days off work
    I always enjoyed chopping and changing straps on my previous Panerai but for my 112 I soon found 'the one'
    Love this combination and glad I took the opportunity to get this watch when I had the chance/funds last year


  35. #735
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    3,398
    Lots of tail today.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  36. #736
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,205
    My strap collection/addiction is already starting, couple Toshiís turned up today, Black/Blue stitching i love, Glacier one although lovely doesnít look right on it to me.

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]

  37. #737
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    3,398
    213 on new Toshi.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  38. #738
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,189
    ^ The 213 is really special!

    Sunday watch for me, should wear this more often. I think I'll try a more casual strap for summer, maybe a fabric strap would be nice.

    Last edited by china; 7th March 2021 at 16:18.

  39. #739
    Master daveyw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,834
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    Both Panerai in-house 8 day movements have a near 10 day power reserve certainly 9+, so a wind every 7 days is fine.

    There is a JLC 8-day calibre fitted to one of the special editions, I have no idea about that

    Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
    Thatís the 190.
    Iíve got a 268 and timekeeping is pretty solid across the 8 days. It does benefit from a Panerai service last year though. I love being able to tell from the bar on the front that it needs a boost.

  40. #740
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    3,398
    I had a 346, now with another forum member, and it ran well over 8 days, with a useful PRI on the back of the movement. It was eerily accurate over thay period. Usually bob-on every time.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  41. #741
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Southend
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    213 on new Toshi.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Lovely that Rob


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  42. #742
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Co.Down Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,490
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    A question about the power reserve on the 8 day models. How far down do you owners let it drop before winding back to full reserve again to maintain accuracy? To put it another way, is there an optimum point at which accuracy is affected and therefore you wind the watch?
    Accuracy on both the Panerai 8 day and JLC is impressive. I have a 590 and a 233, only thing i have noticed is that the in house Panerai can run a little fast when fully wound then settles down. Definataly get 8+ days on both of the watches i have, never had the need to check further.

    With the 190 and the JLC I have never had an issue with running. Always good from the get go, and accurate to a couple of seconds over the full 8 days.

    One thing i have noticed as i got all my Panerai out today and set them is that from empty to full to the 190/JLC is way less turns than the 233 i set.

    Oh and to look at, the 8 day JLC is a thing of beauty, the 8 day in house not so much.
    Last edited by Nev; 7th March 2021 at 22:41.

  43. #743
    Craftsman Wandril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    ^ The 213 is really special!

    Sunday watch for me, should wear this more often. I think I'll try a more casual strap for summer, maybe a fabric strap would be nice.

    That's a really nice panerai this one!

  44. #744
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    My strap collection/addiction is already starting, couple Toshiís turned up today, Black/Blue stitching i love, Glacier one although lovely doesnít look right on it to me.

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]
    2nd strap is gorgeous, hope it holds up well

  45. #745
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Co.Down Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,490
    So, this happened.................

    Luminor Due 38mm arrived this morning. The better half now is a member of the clan!

    Sorry for the crap pics, it is just a stunning little thing.






  46. #746
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    3,398
    243 back onto leather.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  47. #747
    Tried to get my other half into one a couple of years ago but sheís not loving the crown ,not sure itís a good thing really


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  48. #748
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    243 back onto leather.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Rob what strap is that?

  49. #749
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,622
    I can't remember how long I've had this, what with lockdown groundhog days, but IF one was to only own one Panerai, this would be a very strong contender, along with the 233.

    The 422 has some amazing angles and has all the DNA you might want. I really don't think it wears any larger than a Bettarini cased 44mm, as the domed crystal makes it looks smaller.

    Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

  50. #750
    After debating between a 372 and a 422 ,I went 372 which for me was a mistake,no power reserve did my head in .
    Iím definitely going to get a 422 at some point .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information