closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Panerai appreciation thread

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Another small Panerai, I really like this:

What reference is this one? I do like the bracelet.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    The quick strap change mechanism on Cartier left me very cold. I almost lost a roadster chrono whilst skiing many years ago. The mech detached without my noticing, thankfully my glove kept the watch with me.
    Is the panerai mech to which you refer a new system or their original quick change system?

As far as I’m aware it’s not new. Instead of screw bars it’s a bar you push through using the supplied tool. You push down a little hole on one of the lugs and then using the other tool push the bar out. I don’t think this is the same and it’s not the same as on the vc overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    As far as I’m aware it’s not new. Instead of screw bars it’s a bar you push through using the supplied tool. You push down a little hole on one of the lugs and then using the other tool push the bar out. I don’t think this is the same and it’s not the same as on the vc overseas.
    That’s the normal 1950 quick change. But I did see on their website on the straps a push fitment at an angle.

Bottom of the page https://www.panerai.com/gb/en/home/h...e-a-strap.html shows the new options.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by McBeardy; 10th August 2020 at 22:43. Reason: Link attached

Master
    What reference is this one? I do like the bracelet.

This is the PAM51, mine is an early model from 2003 I think. This was the first Panerai bracelet, it's more bold with polished and brushed parts than the current ones. Quite heavy too, the watch is over 200g with the bracelet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    This is the PAM51, mine is an early model from 2003 I think. This was the first Panerai bracelet, it's more bold with polished and brushed parts than the current ones. Quite heavy too, the watch is over 200g with the bracelet.
    Thanks that's what I thought. I have the 49 which is the same head but came on a strap. Would love to add that old style bracelet. The way the links mirror the crown guard is exceptional.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    That’s the normal 1950 quick change. But I did see on their website on the straps a push fitment at an angle.

Bottom of the page https://www.panerai.com/gb/en/home/h...e-a-strap.html shows the new options.

Oh not sure about that. Too similar to the (imho) dodgy Cartier system.

Master
    Blog Entries
    ok seen that now, this is for due and not the regular lines, which makes sense as Due are thinner (inc the straps) and more dressy.

Master
    Working from dining table in sweltering heat. Two fans for company and keeping track of business across the timezones of Essex, London and Glasgow ;)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    Working from dining table in sweltering heat. Two fans for company and keeping track of business across the timezones of Essex, London and Glasgow ;)
    No equation of time?

Master
    No equation of time?
    ;) It's having a Summer break in safe deposit. I'm sure it's a lot cooler under ground than it is above just now. Might have a change around soon.

Cheers Kash :)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Artium View Post
    My first Panerai, love it.
    Great one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Black fiddy. Lovely. And great strap for it.

Panerai appreciation thread

ok seen that now, this is for due and not the regular lines, which makes sense as Due are thinner (inc the straps) and more dressy.
    Yes, in my sleep deprived and humid house I can see that now!

Lovely. Missing mine as it’s still with the watchmaker regarding retro fitting a domed crystal. Fingers crossed it can be done & I don’t regret it.

Master
    Love that 375!

Haven’t worn this for a bit so out of the safe and on the wrist today

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    Love that 375!

Haven’t worn this for a bit so out of the safe and on the wrist today

Great pic Nev.

Not had a Panerai for a couple of years, but the desire never went away and took delivery of this 346 today. Ticks all the boxes for me - titanium, tobacco dial, gold hands, 8 day movement. I can even live with the cyclops 🤣

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Manxdiver View Post
    Not had a Panerai for a couple of years, but the desire never went away and took delivery of this 346 today. Ticks all the boxes for me - titanium, tobacco dial, gold hands, 8 day movement. I can even live with the cyclops 🤣

Love that one, sold mine last year and still miss it. I thought it the perfect daily wearing PAM, subtle but still big enough to make a statement, and amazing accuracy. The Cyclops is less noticeable for being inside the crystal, but still performs the requires function.
    Enjoy wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdiver View Post
    Not had a Panerai for a couple of years, but the desire never went away and took delivery of this 346 today. Ticks all the boxes for me - titanium, tobacco dial, gold hands, 8 day movement. I can even live with the cyclops 藍

They're OK I guess.

Master
    Two new Panerai models.

I like the look of the Sub but not the size. Must be at least 44mm...

The second IMO is a mess. I can find little astheticaly to comment this and it's a 42mm.

Master
    Not worn this for ages and popped it on last night. Had forgotten how good it looks.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The 1209 is nice, but not £8,500 nice. I guess the ceramic bezel adds the £900 over and above the previous e-commerce special, the SS bezelled 1055. Think I prefer the green dialled one.

My first,
    PAM0590 & absolutely loving it.

A bit of a forum watch, appeared in this thread at least once already.

The purposeful aesthetic of the Luminor is hard to appreciate until you get it on your wrist I can see why they are addictive.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    The 1209 is nice, but not £8,500 nice. I guess the ceramic bezel adds the £900 over and above the previous e-commerce special, the SS bezelled 1055. Think I prefer the green dialled one.
    They surely could’ve absorbed the cost given that they’re using a richemont movement. I see they’ve cunningly renamed it to the in-house convention.

Master

Current fav Panerai

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    My first,
    PAM0590 & absolutely loving it.

A bit of a forum watch, appeared in this thread at least once already.

The purposeful aesthetic of the Luminor is hard to appreciate until you get it on your wrist I can see why they are addictive.

Perfect entry into the world of Panerai, and i think this may be my old watch!! If you ever think of selling it please give me a heads up?

Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    Perfect entry into the world of Panerai, and i think this may be my old watch!! If you ever think of selling it please give me a heads up?
    Your old watch & yes, for my 1st Panerai hit a six to the boundary & beyond, really, really loving it.

Promised 1st refusal to the forum member I bought it from, will certainly add you to the list.

However, I'd like to say it's going nowhere! I get the Panerai "thing" now & would dearly love to add another at some point, that's a long way off though.

Master
    This has been in safe deposit since before lockdown. Went and did a swap around today - great to have it back in rotation.

Master
    I am partial to a white dial, love that one Alun
    This has been in safe deposit since before lockdown. Went and did a swap around today - great to have it back in rotation.

Master
    This one for me today.

This one today...so happy with this 16 years old ...

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

590; beautiful sunny Sunday morning my cue for the weekly winding.

Craftsman
    Fun in the sun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    PAM01314 on a Toshi custom grey suede leather strap.

@Mr_Mac
    This is the one that's top of my list at the moment. Love the strap but isn't it quite similar looking to the original?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by leo1790 View Post
    @Mr_Mac
    This is the one that's top of my list at the moment. Love the strap but isn't it quite similar looking to the original?

The original is a kind of olive colour rather than grey. I just thought a grey one would compliment the lume and I also went for a white stitch rather than neutral/beige colour to match the dial.

In the grand scheme of things I guess they are similar but the grey just works slightly better in my eyes.

Beautiful watch.
    Nice gin as well, the rhubarb is one of my wife's favourites

Craftsman
    The Mrs asked what was the point when it looks so similar to the black. And she does like green, so I still might go for it.

A switch over to a watch that maybe brings the blue out more. Definitely dresses down the 670 from haute horology to diver...
    That is beautiful! Wish I could pull off a 47mm....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post

Loving that, not what would be regarded as traditional PAM DNA, but to my eyes is one of the best of the more modern PAM iterations. And thay strap matches very well. Good choice with Rich also, he does great work.

Can’t wait,picking my 1314 up on Thursday

Master

I know this isn't the right place & i would be posting my 233 if it wasn't waiting to go back to WOS for a service issue........ but how good is that gin?
    Bought as a curiosity as i wasn't sure if they could pull it off & they certainly did. I'm hooked!

Master
    Loving that, not what would be regarded as traditional PAM DNA, but to my eyes is one of the best of the more modern PAM iterations. And thay strap matches very well. Good choice with Rich also, he does great work.

With you on that one, we bought the rescue box so have the Apple, Rhubarb & Raspberry ones ready and waiting.

Master
    With you on that one, we bought the rescue box so have the Apple, Rhubarb & Raspberry ones ready and waiting.
    Been meaning to check out their other offerings, so you've jogged my memory to order them.

** corrected, now ordered a rescue box too ! **
    Last edited by luckyal; 15th September 2020 at 16:56.

Journeyman
    Loving that, not what would be regarded as traditional PAM DNA....
    I don't know much about the brand at all, and I've never been particularly drawn to the watches, but something lately has changed and I'm more and more interested.

What would you suggest for a novice, in terms of what models are "traditional"? What is the meaning of traditional v modern, I mean what significant changes have occurred, is it ownership, style, design, movement?? Sorry I know I can Google and research, but if you were willing to share any basic info to point me towards my own further reading that would be appreciated

Wonderful to see a lot of amazing Panerai’s here!

I’m pretty new to the brand but looking to possibly buy a Carbotech Submersible. I like the 979 of Skymans (lovely watch Sir!) and the current 960. How do they wear? I’m wondering if 47 is too large and 42 too small (I have an old 45.5 Omega 2500 in the collection and that wears fine).

Any advice or pointers to threads on best places / dealers to speak to would be appreciated too.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac View Post
    I don't know much about the brand at all, and I've never been particularly drawn to the watches, but something lately has changed and I'm more and more interested.

What would you suggest for a novice, in terms of what models are "traditional"? What is the meaning of traditional v modern, I mean what significant changes have occurred, is it ownership, style, design, movement?? Sorry I know I can Google and research, but if you were willing to share any basic info to point me towards my own further reading that would be appreciated
    Have a look at a 372 and then go from there. If it’s a brand you want to get into then there is a wealth of information on line with a couple of dedicated websites.

Master
    I would second what Andy says. The 372 seems to be the go to choice for Paneristi and is probably the most posted photo on the web groups and forums. A lot of the retro styled PAMs have plexiglass as opposed to crystal, and whilst this has a "warmth" and "depth" to it it marks quite easily. Best to call it patina.
    That being said, try some on the wrist and see what you like. My first PAM was a 40mm white dial luminor, not a popular choice, but I still wear it a lot. Don't discount the radiomir models either.
    Like everything in watches, IMHO anyway, try before you buy and go with what YOU love. Lastly be prepared to spend an insane amount of money on straps. There are many excellent strap makers out there, and thay becomes as addictive as the watches. Almost.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    Have a look at a 372 and then go from there. If it’s a brand you want to get into then there is a wealth of information on line with a couple of dedicated websites.

I would second what Andy says. The 372 seems to be the go to choice for Paneristi and is probably the most posted photo on the web groups and forums. A lot of the retro styled PAMs have plexiglass as opposed to crystal, and whilst this has a "warmth" and "depth" to it it marks quite easily. Best to call it patina.
    That being said, try some on the wrist and see what you like. My first PAM was a 40mm white dial luminor, not a popular choice, but I still wear it a lot. Don't discount the radiomir models either.
    Like everything in watches, IMHO anyway, try before you buy and go with what YOU love. Lastly be prepared to spend an insane amount of money on straps. There are many excellent strap makers out there, and thay becomes as addictive as the watches. Almost.

Thank you both very much for that

Another one in the door, probably the best of the lot

Master
    The only one that seems to be on the wrist nowadays, even more than the 372, which I thought I will never say.