closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 225

Thread: Panerai appreciation thread

  1. #1

    Panerai appreciation thread




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Grand Master 100thmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    London Town
    Posts
    16,634


    Love this but gonna let it go this summer
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post


    Love this but gonna let it go this summer
    You t++l Iíve just bought one


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    another one gone


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post


    Love this but gonna let it go this summer
    Never seen one on the forum before,so never did wtb,bought off paneristi gutted


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    436

  7. #7
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    ealing
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Youíve got me watching reviews of the PAM 233 , itís a beauty , my only concern is can I pull off a 44mm


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by charlies View Post
    Youíve got me watching reviews of the PAM 233 , itís a beauty , my only concern is can I pull off a 44mm


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Your right it is a beautiful watch ,but this is a beautiful 47mm 372


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Master Andyp1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,000

    Panerai appreciation thread

    My 590 spends a lot of time on my wrist. Love it.



    The 287 went a while ago.



    Toying with selling my exp2 to fund a 687.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    ealing
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Your right it is a beautiful watch ,but this is a beautiful 47mm 372


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes , I was referring to the one for sale on SC


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

  11. #11
    Grand Master Andyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    23,363
    My base PAM0002 from 2000
    Last edited by Andyg; 8th April 2019 at 21:32. Reason: Photo deleted

    Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche


  12. #12
    Master spuds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,430
    Great shots Gents, but is there any chance posters could include model numbers for the uneducated amongst us please, thank you....

  13. #13
    Grand Master Chris_in_the_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Norf Yorks
    Posts
    36,475
    243 - 1000m Submersible.

    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

  14. #14
    no longer here titanium 176


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Craftsman Eamonn345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    621
    Pam233 - love this one!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Washington , England
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    no longer here titanium 176


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Iíve got the 177 on the original strap , nice looking watch that doesnít get enough wrist time.

  17. #17
    Master adesmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    2,426
    PAM423 luminor 47mm and PAM210 base radiomir 45mm


  18. #18
    Master daveyw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,562
    My 268

  19. #19

  20. #20
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    222
    Letís start with these two...



    368 and 375

  21. #21
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    29,327
    Another shot of the beautiful 512...


  22. #22
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Herts UK
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    PAM423 luminor 47mm and PAM210 base radiomir 45mm

    I love the pure simplicity of the 210. A truly stunning classic

  23. #23


    Arty shot of new base models, despite the criticism of this watch, I love it

  24. #24

  25. #25
    Grand Master 100thmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    London Town
    Posts
    16,634
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    You t++l Iíve just bought one


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry 😂 Ive just fallen back in love with it and think itíll be the summer watch of choice
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

  26. #26
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,136
    I wish I hadn't let this one go...


  27. #27
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    bucks
    Posts
    460
    My lovely old pam 25IMG_0649.JPG


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

  28. #28
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Between here, there and nowhere
    Posts
    3,424
    I like them quite a bit,

    No pictures unfortunately as they are all sold now, but over the years I've had the pleasure of owning:
    PAM00282
    PAM00523
    and
    PAM00512

  29. #29
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    2,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    243 - 1000m Submersible.

    Snap

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  30. #30
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    2,583
    Actually a total PAM fan. 422, 346, 587, 49, 24, 720 & 721.

    Ps calling Nev and ASW1...

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  31. #31
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Jockland
    Posts
    596

    Soft spot

    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    I like them quite a bit,

    No pictures unfortunately as they are all sold now, but over the years I've had the pleasure of owning:
    PAM00282
    PAM00523
    and
    PAM00512
    Like Nunya all my Panerai are now sold. Pleasure to have worn the 201a and 202a along with a few early 2000/2002 models but sold them on when the Panerai market was red hot.

    Never returned to the brand but still have a soft spot for them.

  32. #32
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cockfosters & Cupertino
    Posts
    2,440
    655




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #33
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Nairn, Scotland
    Posts
    481
    This thread really isnít helping. Down in London this weekend with my wife, we took a walk to New Bond Street and the Panerai boutique. Went in, tried on a 42mm Luminor PAM001392 and a 44mm PAM001312. Loved the 1312; Hadnít considered that the 44mm would be suitable on my wrist, but it felt so good. Left without buying it, but was fully intent on returning on Sunday to purchase. On Saturday evening while wandering, we went to Hyde Park, passed through Harrods and they had an Explorer in the display case. Having been on the look out for one of those for a couple of years I went for it. Delighted with it, but I just know that my next purchase is going to be a Panerai.
    Will be keeping a close eye on this thread.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  34. #34
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Like Nunya all my Panerai are now sold. Pleasure to have worn the 201a and 202a along with a few early 2000/2002 models but sold them on when the Panerai market was red hot.

    Never returned to the brand but still have a soft spot for them.
    When do you think the Panerai market was at its peak and do you think the market has softened and will continue to do so?

    Obviously no one can predict the future, but would like to hear some thoughts on peoples thoughts and why.

  35. #35

  36. #36
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Jockland
    Posts
    596

    Peak

    Quote Originally Posted by Allwatches View Post
    When do you think the Panerai market was at its peak and do you think the market has softened and will continue to do so?

    Obviously no one can predict the future, but would like to hear some thoughts on peoples thoughts and why.
    Personally I feel 2006/7 was the boom time for Panerai which is probably reflected in the money I received for the 201a and 202a then to what I would have received now. By 2005/6/7 they were an established brand must have for nearly every collector, still a niche brand with limited production and a compact model range. Bring in the economic crash of 2008, some poor decisions from Panerai management both on production levels and increased model ranges, the secondary market was awash with Panerai which just diluted any aura of exclusivity and with that the secondary market prices, which have never recovered.

    For Panerai like many brands, once you fall off the mantle it seems you never again reach that level again especially with a saturated marketplace. I feel that have settled in the mid terrace level within the watch market, not quite Rolex but above Omega and JLC in the desirability stakes. They are creating some very attractive models but with a pricing strategy that makes me think that they feel that they are a bigger player than they actually are, which just leads to piles of unwanted stock and the perception of a brand that no one is that bothered about.

  37. #37
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Personally I feel 2006/7 was the boom time for Panerai which is probably reflected in the money I received for the 201a and 202a then to what I would have received now. By 2005/6/7 they were an established brand must have for nearly every collector, still a niche brand with limited production and a compact model range. Bring in the economic crash of 2008, some poor decisions from Panerai management both on production levels and increased model ranges, the secondary market was awash with Panerai which just diluted any aura of exclusivity and with that the secondary market prices, which have never recovered.

    For Panerai like many brands, once you fall off the mantle it seems you never again reach that level again especially with a saturated marketplace. I feel that have settled in the mid terrace level within the watch market, not quite Rolex but above Omega and JLC in the desirability stakes. They are creating some very attractive models but with a pricing strategy that makes me think that they feel that they are a bigger player than they actually are, which just leads to piles of unwanted stock and the perception of a brand that no one is that bothered about.
    Thanks Flasher, that was very insightful and for me although price doesn't dictate everything, the sense of exclusivity (and therefore the price by extension), is something which does make a timepiece more or less desirable for me.

    I do feel like there is a big chasm in terms of desirability between their limited editions and their "normal" timepieces and even within limited edition runs, there are varying levels of success

    I do still very much love the Panerai asthetics and look forward to more interesting pieces to come out of Panerai in the future and hope to pick up a few in the future =)

  38. #38
    Craftsman thefatboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    In the pub
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post

    Beautiful!


    This is one of my favourite PAM references, you don't see many of them around, even on WIS forums.


    I'm partial to the 425 too but, like most, I don't have the funds nor the wrists to buy and wear everything that appeals!

  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn345 View Post
    Pam233 - love this one!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beautiful this the model i really want the other being the 312

    simply lovely :)

  40. #40
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,300
    A few that I have pics to hand for.

    654


    687


    932


    913


    368


    389


    233



    Probably enough for now :)
    Last edited by ASW1; 25th March 2019 at 19:19.

  41. #41
    Master bazza.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    2,364
    I've had 3 pam's the 190 , 292 which I both sold and this 177 titanium
    I've from new its been about 10 years i'd guess

    To me it has everything a Panerai needs Manual wind (or what's the point of that big crown) sandwich dial and a second hand




  42. #42
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    bucks
    Posts
    460
    Tomorrow i get a pam 1351 i just love titanium
    But i still hanker after a pam 214
    If your selling one let me know


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

  43. #43
    My 560 is pretty much my daily wearer, lucky to pick this one up second hand for a good price, in-house manual 8day movement and sandwich dial. Also just picked up the waterproof OEM gold cashmere strap which is lovely.




    As with all Panerai's lime is great & often act as my clock when the little one is not sleeping, she also loves the crown guard lever.



    From what I can sense the way the company is moving in the slightly wrong direction, higher RRP, lessor in-house 3day movements, painted lume and snap on case backs. Although the newer materials being used are a plus, just wish they'd make less 47mm and maybe go for 42mm base.

    Love the brand, don't see many in the wild, had great experiences at the boutiques in London & NY. Plus instantly recognisable, great history and unique.

  44. #44
    Grand Master 100thmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    London Town
    Posts
    16,634
    Great thread, I think as a forum we had forgot the lure of Panerai, yes it is easy to throw mud at the brand but they manage to be super cool, different, and classic all in one piece and anyone who has been in and out of them knows that they always end up coming back to a Pam of some sort in the collection.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

  45. #45
    Master spuds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,430
    Great pics Gents and thank you all for including the model numbers...


    Now somebody post pictures of a 944 please!!!

  46. #46
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    312
    Alas I can no longer switch straps as the button release won't do as intended !


  47. #47
    Craftsman Pupp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Oundle UK
    Posts
    257

    Think someone mentioned a 425...

    Last edited by Pupp; 25th March 2019 at 21:41.

  48. #48
    Master hhhh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On the M25...probably
    Posts
    3,353
    PAM 64C...



  49. #49
    Grand Master Chris_in_the_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Norf Yorks
    Posts
    36,475
    ^^^^^^

    Lovely!!!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

  50. #50
    Craftsman Pupp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Oundle UK
    Posts
    257

    Here's my 721 in the Sun...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information