closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,700 of 2567

Thread: Panerai appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    We could do with setting up a mini P day get together. That way you can have a look and try a couple of different models and sizes on.

My 422 wears better than the 1033 44mm that I had. The 995 45mm was small on my wrist and years ago I had 45mm 287 that wore big.

It’s all down to the case back.

The 968 I currently have appears to wear smaller than my 422 but the overall size is the same. The reason it appears smaller to the eye is it’s 47mm including the bezel. The 422’s face and glass is 47mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like the idea, would need to share where we are from and find a place and a date suiting everyone somehow. If it actually happens, I’m in!

Mine tonight, with what should definitely be a familiar looking strap

I always wanted a 372, was a bit of a grail watch for me. Wrist size fluctuates from 6.75 and downwards now I’ve lost a hit of weight. Unfortunately as much as I could just about pull off 47mm, (& many said it’s how you wear them) truth be told it was like a dinner plate. Even the the 44mm 560 which I loved for many years, went due to the lug to lug size/ plus all dial with the flat Crystal didn’t help on the visuals.

I really wish Panerai would make a 372 or 422 better seconds placement on the manuals than autos) in 42mm

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by McBeardy; 25th September 2022 at 18:40.

I’m up for a gtg,I’m going to one in Paris next month,they’ll probably be a few models knocking about.

We could do with setting up a mini P day get together. That way you can have a look and try a couple of different models and sizes on.

My 422 wears better than the 1033 44mm that I had. The 995 45mm was small on my wrist and years ago I had 45mm 287 that wore big.

The 968 I currently have appears to wear smaller than my 422 but the overall size is the same. The reason it appears smaller to the eye is it’s 47mm including the bezel. The 422’s face and glass is 47mm.

I would be up for that

Master

I’d be up for that depending on when and where.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    I’m up for a gtg,I’m going to one in Paris next month,they’ll probably be a few models knocking about.

Lucky person!! Wrong time for me to be there for a weekend due to other commitments but really sorry to be missing it, should be a blast.

Master
    372 Lume

Master
    Onto leather for the autumn.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    I always wanted a 372, was a bit of a grail watch for me. Wrist size fluctuates from 6.75 and downwards now I’ve lost a hit of weight. Unfortunately as much as I could just about pull off 47mm, (& many said it’s how you wear them) truth be told it was like a dinner plate. Even the the 44mm 560 which I loved for many years, went due to the lug to lug size/ plus all dial with the flat Crystal didn’t help on the visuals.

I really wish Panerai would make a 372 or 422 better seconds placement on the manuals than autos) in 42mm

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Similar here.
    I was considering to switch from my 44mm PAM915 to the 372 mostly because I appreciate the 1950 case.
    I tried to research how it would wear in comparison to the "Bettarini" case.
    Most people say if you can wear the 44mm the 47mm is not an issue and it depends more on the shape of your wrist etc.
    I went to try it on ( more to buy it to be honest).
    To my surprise the 1950 case was simply too large for my 6,75 wrist.
    To be precise I had the feeling the lugs are overhanging my wrist. Not acceptable.
    Even though I have flat wrist.
    In my experience if you have similar size wrist, go and try it on before you just buy online (which I almost did).

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

49 year old man rushes home from work feeling like Santa’s been.

New strap day

Master
    How do you find the weight of the 47mm bronze to wear?

Master
    372 on Accordion

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    How do you find the weight of the 47mm bronze to wear?

It’s lighter than my 422. The case back is titanium which helps.

I’ve not weighed them so I don’t know what the difference is.

Master
    It’s lighter than my 422. The case back is titanium which helps.

I’ve not weighed them so I don’t know what the difference is.

Thanks that's good to know. I never felt the 422 to be heavy on the wrist. Would love to get a bronze some day.

Thanks that's good to know. I never felt the 422 to be heavy on the wrist. Would love to get a bronze some day.

I know the 968 has not been well received in some quarters but I’m really taken with it. The build quality and the finish to the case is much higher than some other references I’ve had.

And the bezel action and the click it makes is something else. It has an action and sound like a small trigger on a gun.

Put my 24 on an old Quarterback strap earlier - the leather really brings out the butter coloured tritium lume

Quote Originally Posted by Toshi View Post
    Put my 24 on an old Quarterback strap earlier - the leather really brings out the butter coloured tritium lume

This is IMHO the best version of the 24. Stunning watch. There's a pawnbroker near my office with one in the window - NOS but no B&P and I'm very tempted although price is a bit toppy.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    There's a pawnbroker near my office with one in the window - NOS but no B&P and I'm very tempted although price is a bit toppy.
    I'd be interested to know what serial it is (A, B or C) and how much

First venture into the world of Panerai, and must say, I’m enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by gshort67 View Post

First venture into the world of Panerai, and must say, I’m enjoying it.

Be warned the strap game is a rabbit hole.

Be warned the strap game is a rabbit hole.

So I’m finding out!!

Master

That is just superb Rich. Caught myself looking at 24's last week but your 24 tops anything I looked at.

Master

That’s a beauty Rich.

At a wedding:)

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd ask on this one...

A while back I dropped my 299 and dented the lug, right where the strap changing button is meaning that I can no longer get the pin out at that end. I sent it to back to Panerai via WoS only be told that they would need to replace the entire case at a cost of about £3,500... There's nothing else wrong with the watch, although I'm sure the movement would benefit from a service but I was wondering whether anyone knew of someone who could have a look at it and hopefully repair it. It's not a manufacture movement, just a basic ETA (I think).

I'm based in Essex but happy to courier it if required... Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post

A while back I dropped my 299 and dented the lug, right where the strap changing button is meaning that I can no longer get the pin out at that end. I sent it to back to Panerai via WoS only be told that they would need to replace the entire case at a cost of about £3,500... There's nothing else wrong with the watch, although I'm sure the movement would benefit from a service but I was wondering whether anyone knew of someone who could have a look at it and hopefully repair it. It's not a manufacture movement, just a basic ETA (I think).

5 years on is a long while back :) I think if you asked now the 3.5k was a relative bargain to Panerai's current pricing.

Panerai would probably still be the best option, while in theory i'm sure it would be possible to extract the pusher since it's just pressure fit, the problem would be getting a replacement part, and ensuring the hole it goes into has the correct tolerance to keep it held in, (even cases where the button has popped out has been a case replacement )

Did you ever post pics once it came back?

Master

New grey rubber for the 1226. I like this combo.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post

New grey rubber for the 1226. I like this combo.

Grey rubber looks great, suits it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by neebsta View Post
    Agreed, and a little out of the ordinary. Good shot that man!

Master
    Perfect match in my opinion, looks lovely- Mental note to self, must add a white dial to my collection….

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post

I’m not 100% sure but I thought the quick release system came in when there started putting there own movements in .
    I’d probably try and get the pin out ,even if it means cutting it,and buy some spring bars,you can get some that look like the old screw in ones .

Have been trying to get into Panerais. Tried my first few the other day and I’m torn between the submersible and the due. I have 6 inch wrists and I think the biggest I can pull off would be a 42mm. Besides the 682 and 683 submersibles, are there any other 42mms I should be checking out? The 683 was a piece of work. The matte dial and the matte bezel gave it a utilitarian vibe that i appreciate.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I’m starting to really want a submersible! Keep seeing pictures and going I need one.

Maybe try the white 42mm sun ,they look great and subs wear a bit smaller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by neebsta View Post
    That’s it does. The madness continues with this watch though, soon I will have the value of the watch in rubber straps!

Master
    Agreed, and a little out of the ordinary. Good shot that man!

Cheers Rob

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    Perfect match in my opinion, looks lovely- Mental note to self, must add a white dial to my collection….
    It’s lovely. It’s also the perfect holiday watch with the rubber strap options. A change every day!

Panerai appreciation thread

I won’t bore you all with the details but I have had an issue with the strap maker Mays-Berlin.

In a nut shell the photos on his website have been professionally taken and at least in some cases don’t accurately represent what you will receive. He has admitted to this so in my mind he is deceiving people.

There is No returns policy either and following a PayPal dispute they landed on his side stating that the strap wasn’t different enough.

Fair enough I just won’t use him in the future and I write this post to make people aware of my experience. You can make your own mind up.

What I was expecting

What I received.

So I thought I’d have a go at dying the strap as I didn’t like what was sent. Nothing to lose.

4hrs in strong black coffee
    1hr in the oven at 100 degrees.
    Leather conditioner
    Beeswax applied
    Leather cream to finish.

A little Sunday project completed. It now just needs to dry properly over the next few days and then broken in.

Quite pleased with the result.

Last edited by Andyp1973; 9th October 2022 at 20:57.

Journeyman
    Big difference between the expected and received pics.Can’t see how they expect you to be happy with that .

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Good job on the dyeing!

Master
    Their picture looks like it was taken with a bit of patina, end of the day though def not what you’ve ordered- I’m surprised a company like them would not of just refunded you and moved on, letting you go as far as a PP dispute is pretty poor. We all know they are not exactly cheap when it comes to straps, very short sighted from them imo.

Anyway, after your handwork it looks lovely, we’ll done!

Master
    Old school today

Staying with a sub, but now my 87.

Master
    I won’t bore you all with the details but I have had an issue with the strap maker Mays-Berlin.

In a nut shell the photos on his website have been professionally taken and at least in some cases don’t accurately represent what you will receive. He has admitted to this so in my mind he is deceiving people.

There is No returns policy either and following a PayPal dispute they landed on his side stating that the strap wasn’t different enough.

Fair enough I just won’t use him in the future and I write this post to make people aware of my experience. You can make your own mind up.

TBH Andy I'm not surprised, there are two strap makers from Germany I will not be using again because of this sort of thing and they also seem to have no interest is rectifying................in my own experiences. Plenty more good makers out there to try.

Panerai appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    TBH Andy I'm not surprised, there are two strap makers from Germany I will not be using again because of this sort of thing and they also seem to have no interest is rectifying................in my own experiences. Plenty more good makers out there to try.
    I won’t be using them again and I wanted to post here to raise awareness because they are charging a lot of money for their work.

Ultimately people can make their own minds up but for me standards have dropped significantly.

I’m currently waiting on a couple of straps to come from Richard at Toshi and Cordes David.

Last edited by Andyp1973; 10th October 2022 at 20:56.

Master
    I have had mixed experience with the German strap makers, but their prices have become crazy recently. Must be the cost of the gas.....
    Anyway, back to watches. This piece of old school loveliness today.

Master
    Some serenity amongst the "just home from school" chaos

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyik View Post
    Have been trying to get into Panerais. Tried my first few the other day and I’m torn between the submersible and the due. I have 6 inch wrists and I think the biggest I can pull off would be a 42mm. Besides the 682 and 683 submersibles, are there any other 42mms I should be checking out? The 683 was a piece of work. The matte dial and the matte bezel gave it a utilitarian vibe that i appreciate.

I was in the same boat as you with a relatively small wrist. Went with the 683. Almost sold it this week and after watching some YouTube factory tours am now in love again.

I’ll probably get a due next as I like the colour combos. Plus I did see the YouTube tour says the dye have been tested to 200M. I think they are considering giving them a better depth rating now they’re confident they’re way more that 30M. Suits me, I just want pool assurance!