closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Panerai appreciation thread

Master
    Looks fantastic.........and even better with that pool behind it

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    ^^^Thanks. The green (of both dial and strap) is more olive than I was expecting from web images, but that is very much to my taste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^^Thanks. The green (of both dial and strap) is more olive than I was expecting from web images, but that is very much to my taste.

Its not g-wagon green then ,looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Its not g-wagon green then ,looks good

Strangely enough, my G colour is described such!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just because.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by frogspawn View Post
    Im really rather partial to the 346. Lovely. I do wish it didnt have a cyclops though...

Master
    346 is a great everyday wear radiomir.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Back to blue, just ordered a 1078 from the E-boutique ladies. Who, I must say, are very helpful.❤️

Master
    Back to blue, just ordered a 1078 from the E-boutique ladies. Who, I must say, are very helpful.❤️
    Super choice. I look forward to seeing some pics of the real deal soon.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    Congratulations Nev and Scooby. Some titanium loveliness.

Whilst most of my 47mm are titanium I've recently ended up with a composite. I was looking for a 422 but ended up with a 375 somehow...

Looks perfect on OEM rubber. I have some thoughts on future leather options. Looking forward to further variety.

Somehow missed this - congrats on this, a blacked out 127....looking fly!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Somehow missed this - congrats on this, a blacked out 127....looking fly!
    Thanks crazyp. It was good the day I got it, but a grower as well. Love it on this leather...

The last shot is tres moody IMO.
    Last edited by ASW1; 31st May 2020 at 00:41.

Congratulations Nev and Scooby. Some titanium loveliness.

Whilst most of my 47mm are titanium I've recently ended up with a composite. I was looking for a 422 but ended up with a 375 somehow...

Looks perfect on OEM rubber. I have some thoughts on future leather options. Looking forward to further variety.

I met the panerai head on watch design and he started the year the 375 was released, when it was released it was over shadowed by the bronzo and the 372 but when it came to be delivered wasn't delivered. It turns out his first job was to figure out why some of the 339 which were the same construction had started corroding on the back plate. They replaced all of them there were a problem they tracked it down to a single batch, the first mass production batch combined with peoples sweat in humid environments. They then improved the composite production and finally the 375 was released about 5 years after it was announced.

From my view it is one of the overlooked 47mm luminors along with the 368 which are beautiful and yet strangely cheap, there are some bargains out there BNIB especially compared with the modern pieces

pk

Craftsman
    I have a 00372 (with Panerai being serviced so no pics) and just sold my 00346.

This 00654 is absolutely stunning. Funds permitting, it would be my next Panerai purchase.

Lovely!

Very nice. I'm sporting it's older sibling today...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpgkennedy View Post
    I met the panerai head on watch design and he started the year the 375 was released, when it was released it was over shadowed by the bronzo and the 372 but when it came to be delivered wasn't delivered. It turns out his first job was to figure out why some of the 339 which were the same construction had started corroding on the back plate. They replaced all of them there were a problem they tracked it down to a single batch, the first mass production batch combined with peoples sweat in humid environments. They then improved the composite production and finally the 375 was released about 5 years after it was announced.

From my view it is one of the overlooked 47mm luminors along with the 368 which are beautiful and yet strangely cheap, there are some bargains out there BNIB especially compared with the modern pieces

pk
    Morning Mr K. Useful hearing that. I was aware, but there is limited info out there and you've summarised it well, and your insights are always well informed.

I'm surprised by how little coverage there is about the 375, but as you say it was overshadowed plus it then wasn't delivered for years, so the novelty wore off.

Re 368, agreed, that's a prompt to post a pic of mine :)

I think that synequano would also agree on 375 and 368 https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post5062627

Master
    Love the 368 Alun, I need a destro in my pamily.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpgkennedy View Post

pk
    Great info!
    If I were not that scared about compozite breaking so easily I'll be all over it!
    Love the way it looks!

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

Master
    The 368 ticks so many boxes it's not funny, and is overlooked by so many. I ended up with a 372 recently instead just because of circumstances but still hanker after a 368, its almost perfect!!

Master
    Blog Entries

New arrival today. First carbotech for me and in submersible form which I like. 42mm wear well (although as usual pictures show it larger than it is).

First impression, well its light but you can still tell you are wearing a watch, which is good. The material really give it a technical look and interesting as light hits it. Love the blue tones, main attraction for me. Rubber is ok but this style isnt my favourite. As with the other new 42mm subs this in thin for a panerai which is also great.

So far so good. Interested to see how scratch resistant it is. Online reports put this up there with ceramic.

Cheers

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Kash, you will not be surprised to learn that I think that looks excellent. Not a particularly common view I know, but I do think that 42mm is a Submersible sweetspot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post

New arrival today. First carbotech for me and in submersible form which I like. 42mm wear well (although as usual pictures show it larger than it is).

First impression, well its light but you can still tell you are wearing a watch, which is good. The material really give it a technical look and interesting as light hits it. Love the blue tones, main attraction for me. Rubber is ok but this style isnt my favourite. As with the other new 42mm subs this in thin for a panerai which is also great.

So far so good. Interested to see how scratch resistant it is. Online reports put this up there with ceramic.

Cheers

Is this the one that can break like ceramic?

Master
    Blog Entries
    never heard of carbotech breaking. ive heard of it being hit hard and not a mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    never heard of carbotech breaking. ive heard of it being hit hard and not a mark.
    I've seen a Panerai ceramic broken for just playing tennis so.....
    I do love the look of your watch and if Carbotech is that strong.....hmmmmm might be tempted :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    I've seen a Panerai ceramic broken for just playing tennis so.....
    I do love the look of your watch and if Carbotech is that strong.....hmmmmm might be tempted :)

Not surprised it broke if they're hitting it back and forth with racquets over a net ;-)

Kash, looks fantastic.

My one and only PAM a very wearable piece on my skinny wrists and that movement is just majestic.

[IMG][/IMG]

Master
    Love the look of that watch Kash, how do you find that it "wears" compared to the bigger PAM tackle?
    The blue looks amazing.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Tbh it doesnt wear far off a 44, in that it doesnt look small. However it does fit the smaller wrist better, without lug overhang, but because its chunky and still a Pam, it has all the large dna. Never tried a 47 Pam, those never fit me.

Its great there is a 42 option.

My 10 year old 177

Great info!
    If I were not that scared about compozite breaking so easily I'll be all over it!
    Love the way it looks!

the ceramic can and do break, especially if you drop them

the composite fundamentally is just a fancy anodised aluminium, it is possible to knock off the top surface with a hard enough blow at just the right angle but is basically an extremely hard covering chemically bonded to the aluminium which is why they feel so light

Master
    A new one today, a minty PAM587 - very happy with it.
    https://watchesbysjx.com/2014/10/han...and-price.html

https://www.paneraimagazine.com/2014/11/?m=1

Surprising just how it varies from the 690. Obviously the top hat crystal, the hands, the engraved script (which of course doesn't reference either Panerai or Radiomir) and lack of seconds, but the watch case is noticeably thicker too.

Last edited by ASW1; 5th June 2020 at 18:37.

Heres a random question. Base 44mm Luminor, does anyone know of any doomed sapphire crystals that can be retro fitted. Im pretty bored of the the flat sapphire on my 560.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Love the 587 Alun. I normally wear mine on a black Toshi with ecru stitching, suits it perfectly IMHO.
    Health to wear.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice incoming, I also love the 587. Having had the submersible come in, I’m
    Hankering after the 735 or 995 green dials, but need to wait and see.

Back in the club with my new addition 510

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    Reference please

Reference please

Panerai 729 Luminor Due in Titanium

Thank you

Master
    Thanks Rob and Kash re appreciation for the 587. I must admit that it is a surprising winner that I hadn't really appreciated before. Rob - I hadn't even twigged that you had one, but when I look back at your posts it's clearly there.

I've done a comparative Thread on the 587 vs 690 here https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...87-vs-PAM00690

I've been playing with the camera today and as this is the Panerai appreciation thread, here some some of the pics. Not perfect but some nice representations of these lovely watches.
    Last edited by ASW1; 7th June 2020 at 18:56.

Master
    A few more...
    Last edited by ASW1; 7th June 2020 at 18:58.

Master
    A few more...
    You have so got me wanting a 375.

A few more...
    Corrr a cracking lot of PAMs, congrats on the incomings as well! I've never tried a 1940 case, not my favourite, but I see the appeal. A luminor without the crown guard.

I really do need to try a more recent Panerai...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    On a more modern front, I am hoping to try a Carbotech in the next few weeks. A blackout 979 me hopes.

On a more modern front, I am hoping to try a Carbotech in the next few weeks. A blackout 979 me hopes.
    47mm? A bit of a step up from your 42mm...I approve

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    47mm? A bit of a step up from your 42mm...I approve
    Contrast, which I hope will not distract me from the green eyed monster, that I love.

Master
    I really look forward to seeing the pics of the 979 and hearing your thoughts, Carbotech AND 47mm, what a combo!

Master

My 590 ,bought from the good Nev and now back with me after a quick trip round the forum.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post

My 590 ,bought from the good Nev and now back with me after a quick trip round the forum.
    Looks good, glad its back "home" with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post

Nice
    Is this a left hand watch worn on the right hand?

Master
    Nice
    Is this a left hand watch worn on the right hand?

Always been in habit of wearing watches on the right hand.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Back in the club with my new addition 510

That looks much better than the for sale ad, if it had looked that good I would have bought it.