Legendary Panerai.

Infact it has to be all time top 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I blame you ,you shouldn’t of found me a buyer

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Always regret selling my 233

Funnily one of the few watches I don't regret selling - I found the 1950s case really uncomfortable for some reason. But no denying, one of the best looking Panerai watches ever made (and I still maintain very few nice looking Panerai after 2010/12).

Master
    47mm submersible flyback.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

At the car wash

Grand Master

What i really love about Panerai apart from the design, feel, function, DNA etc is that its not the ‘go to’ choice. Its not the ‘look at me’ its understated class and those who buy them and truly love them do so for the right reasons. Theres no ‘profit’ or ‘investment’ its just a good solid brand which ooozes cool and will always be a pleasure to own and reliable return if ever you tire of one model and want another.

Started my journey on the back of extensive research into them and the military in the late 90’s and after 20+ years and having spent 8 years in the watch trade they remain my favourite and goto.

RIAC

Master

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

What i really love about Panerai apart from the design, feel, function, DNA etc is that its not the ‘go to’ choice. Its not the ‘look at me’ its understated class and those who buy them and truly love them do so for the right reasons. Theres no ‘profit’ or ‘investment’ its just a good solid brand which ooozes cool and will always be a pleasure to own and reliable return if ever you tire of one model and want another.

Started my journey on the back of extensive research into them and the military in the late 90’s and after 20+ years and having spent 8 years in the watch trade they remain my favourite and goto.

That’s great to hear, and after selling my only one recently on here, I do see others and past pics and remember what I like about the brand.

Unfortunately the size - L2L is too big for me. Hoping to see some of the 42mm Luminors soon & 40mm next year. If only they’d release a smaller 372. One can wish!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Couldn’t agree more.

Thank you for this.
    Perfect transcript of my feelings

Very much agree with this statement and is the reason why I also got into the brand.

Master
    Agree re 233 comments above. A real contender for just one watch.

First time this one's been worn for a while, following a clear out recently.

Same beauty...different light

Master
    I've found a new use for my 24mm straps.

My Panerai that take 24mm are in safe deposit and I tend to wear 47mm these days. I therefore have a shed load of 24mm straps not being worn.

Have found a solution... :)

Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    I've found a new use for my 24mm straps.

My Panerai that take 24mm are in safe deposit and I tend to wear 47mm these days. I therefore have a shed load of 24mm straps not being worn.

Have found a solution... :)
    Lovely match
    Well done !

Master

That’s a fair point. I’ve had numerous PAMs over the years and it was first seeing that Panerai Boutique in Florence about 20 years ago. No other watch brand has left anywhere near the same impression on me.

Master
    I have to say I completely agree with Kerry's comments above, 100%.

And for no apparent reason whatsoever a pic of my 177.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Master

Master
    Tooling up with a corrigia.

Master
    More 213 spam

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    More 213 spam

I'm assuming it's grown on you Rob? Personally I think it's a great reference.

Had this one on today... Took it off whilst being Father Christmas. Not sure what he wears ;)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    I'm assuming it's grown on you Rob? Personally I think it's a great reference.

Had this one on today... Took it off whilst being Father Christmas. Not sure what he wears ;)
    The 213 has greatly grown on me, the only niggle is that I cant find my "eureka" strap for it. I have done so for all my others, just not quite with this one.
    The quest continues.

By far my favorite Panerai

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    By far my favorite Panerai

Superb!! Love the 64, never had a chance to see one in the flesh.

I've the 127 out today with its new strap

Having sold my 590 a few months back, I'm back up to a pamily of 3

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Master

Master
    Bettarini cased 88 with quick release pins. I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I do. 1 owner prior to me for the last 14 years, with 14 years of heavy patina. Perfect.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by neebsta View Post

Never knew it had a blue lume!!
    RIAC

Master
    Never knew it had a blue lume!!
    It’s pretty nice and I like the fact it’s an automatic - would have loved a 233 but the practicality of winding a watch just isn’t there at the moment. This is going back next week, the AM/PM indicator is out of sync. It’s about 4-5 hours behind where it should be. I much prefer it to the 335 I picked up initially, screws and screwdrivers with the 335 are not a good recipe at the moment. At least these quick release pins are a doddle to take out.

Lume is Green - down to my poor photography skills.
    Last edited by neebsta; 22nd November 2021 at 19:07.

Bettarini cased 88 with quick release pins. I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I do. 1 owner prior to me for the last 14 years, with 14 years of heavy patina. Perfect.

Lovely watch from a fellow 088 owner What does the Bettarini case reference refer to?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Lovely watch from a fellow 088 owner What does the Bettarini case reference refer to?
    It’s the name of the chap Allesandro Bettarini that worked at Panerai that designed the case most of the base models come in.

I bought this 88 on a bit of a whim. I was originally looking for a 176. But as I can’t wind a watch, or use a screwdriver at the moment, I wanted something in a Bettarini case, automatic and quick release pins. This ticks all the boxes. I have noticed when searching, some 88s have screw bars and some have quick release pins. There must have been a transition and that’s a bonus! I can’t ever remember a base model with quick release pins. This must be an early example of quick release pin use - it’s a 2007 watch. The chap I bought it off has owned it from new. I think judging by the case, he’s worn every single day of those 14 years. I was going to get it refurbished, but I actually really like it as it is. I might just get it serviced and ask them to leave the refinishing as it is.
    Last edited by neebsta; 19th November 2021 at 16:54.

It’s the name of the chap Allesandro Bettarini that worked at Panerai that designed the case most of the base models come in.

I bought this 88 on a bit of a whim. I was originally looking for a 176. But as I can’t wind a watch, or use a screwdriver at the moment, I wanted something in a Bettarini case, automatic and quick release pins. This ticks all the boxes. I have noticed when searching, some 88s have screw bars and some have quick release pins. There must have been a transition and that’s a bonus! I can’t ever remember a base model with quick release pins. This must be an early example of quick release pin use - it’s a 2007 watch. The chap I bought it off has owned it from new. I think judging by the case, he’s worn every single day of those 14 years. I was going to get it refurbished, but I actually really like it as it is. I might just get it serviced and ask them to leave the refinishing as it is.
    My first was an 88,2003 that had screws,I love the second dial on these .

Love my 512.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Love my 512.

Love that!
    I wanted it to be my first panerai but it didn't go as planned

Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    Love that!
    I wanted it to be my first panerai but it didn't go as planned
    It's a cracker, and very wearable being a tad smaller than the norm. It may be time that I put it back on it's crocodile strap (which I've not yet worn), actually.

It's a cracker, and very wearable being a tad smaller than the norm. It may be time that I put it back on it's crocodile strap (which I've not yet worn), actually.
    Perfect pairing the strap on the picture I think!
    One day maybe! But I've seen some sellers bumping the prices up on these, so maybe I will have to add the 512 to the loooooooong list of "I missed the boat"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    My first was an 88,2003 that had screws,I love the second dial on these .

I absolutely love it. Which I really didn’t expect to...

Love my 512.

Super👍

Panerai appreciation thread

Last edited by Andyp1973; 20th November 2021 at 22:32.

Thanks, good to know. I too found when hunting for my 088 that only some had the strap quick release. I read a few forum threads by owners who had suffered a seizing of the quick release, and Panerai would only offer a replacement case. So be sure to give them a good actuation regularly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Thanks, good to know. I too found when hunting for my 088 that only some had the strap quick release. I read a few forum threads by owners who had suffered a seizing of the quick release, and Panerai would only offer a replacement case. So be sure to give them a good actuation regularly.
    I’ve had about 6 PAMs with the quick release bars now. It’s an excellent system and personally I have never had an issue with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Ha! Brilliant photo. What a rascal!

Master
    Dial on the Venti is just superb

Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post

I thought I was out l, but they pulled me back in

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/panerai...ch-collection/

Hoping to view these next month, the blue in particular could be the one (either that or a Monaco).

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Interesting to read, as an owner of an older 40mm luminor. The big difference that I can see is the sandwich dial on these new models, with the more classic 12/6 numbers. I'll maybe get to see them side by side next time I am in Dublin.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Master
    Inspired me to wear the old 49 today. Same dial layout, IE 4 lines of text and luminor marina, but the sandwich dial us very different to the full Arabic one. Also looks like a 1950 case as opposed to the bettarini.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk