closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 700 of 916

Thread: Panerai appreciation thread

  1. #651
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Co.Down Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,504
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    557, a destro 372 essentially.
    Phwoarrr! Chuffed to bits.





    Glad you got sorted! 557 is a brilliant choice

  2. #652
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Co.Down Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyloves2boogie View Post
    Ordered one of these from Jo, Iíll let you know.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Strap looks great, look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

  3. #653
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Co.Down Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshi View Post
    I've had quite a few Panerai in my time, but down to just 4 now...... owned all of them for at least 10 years now and can't imagine letting any of them go. They all offer something a bit different (to me anyway)

    233 - dot dial



    24 - this is a "C" so tritium lume and a 12 click polished bezel. I've owned a more recent 24, but the older ones are so much nicer IMO



    87 - this is a bit of a lump but it's beautiful - oxidised hands and all



    and finally my Zero. This is probably my favourite


    Rich IIRC it was one of your pics of a Panerai (i think 233) that drew me to the make in the first place. Love those remaining four but for me the 233 DD is the pick of the bunch. The 87 is a "grail" for me along with a 64, either would do!

  4. #654
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    3,463
    Idly passing time whilst choosing today's watch. 3 loose groups, everyday wearer autos, historical themed with plexi, and submersibles. Subs also auto movements of course.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  5. #655
    Master Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,116
    PAM1117 70th Anniversay model. Arrived this morning.

  6. #656
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,519
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    PAM1117 70th Anniversay model. Arrived this morning.
    Hate it!



    Just kidding, superb!!!

  7. #657
    Craftsman JayGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Salisbury
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    Glad you got sorted! 557 is a brilliant choice
    Thanks Nev,
    now to build up a 26mm strap collection!

    Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

  8. #658
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Co.Down Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,504
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    Thanks Nev,
    now to build up a 26mm strap collection!

    Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
    I'd start here for a 26mm, may as well start with one of the best

    https://www.facebook.com/kostas.straps.56
    Last edited by Nev; 5th February 2021 at 18:14.

  9. #659
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    PAM1117 70th Anniversay model. Arrived this morning.
    Look after that Tony as I have two of your previous watches and I do like that too! (Your FF titanium and the Moser)

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  10. #660
    Master Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,116
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    Look after that Tony as I have two of your previous watches and I do like that too! (Your FF titanium and the Moser)

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    No problem. It's in safe hands!

  11. #661

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    Thanks Nev,
    now to build up a 26mm strap collection!

    Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
    That's 557 looks epic!!

    I have 2 spare brand new 26mm Panarai OEM straps that I need to list/sell on really. PM if you might be interested mate.

  12. #662
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    3,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    I'd start here for a 26mm, may as well start with one of the best

    https://www.facebook.com/kostas.straps.56
    Kostas in da man. Great guy to deal with.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  13. #663
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    39
    One of my favourites - Pam00946.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  14. #664
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    631
    Does the 1392/2393 have a screen down back or the snap on case back?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #665
    Craftsman JayGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Salisbury
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    That's 557 looks epic!!

    I have 2 spare brand new 26mm Panarai OEM straps that I need to list/sell on really. PM if you might be interested mate.
    Pm'd thanks

    Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

  16. #666
    560 with the Red Wing Adeeos strap, snowing so was feeling the 'fall' vibe



  17. #667
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,329
    Picked this Toshi up from Richís recent SC offering. I really like it... thoughts?

    Last edited by Peck; 7th February 2021 at 17:17.

  18. #668
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Picked this Toshi up from Richís recent SC offering. I really like it... thoughts?

    I think that looks perfect.

    Flitting between these two today. A wonderful combo.

    Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

  19. #669
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,329
    ^Thanks! That GMT is such a looker - beautiful

  20. #670
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    bucks
    Posts
    723

    1389 for me today


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  21. #671
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Co.Down Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Picked this Toshi up from Richís recent SC offering. I really like it... thoughts?

    Looks really good, love the buckle ;-)

    As an aside if you ever think of moving the 243 on would you let me know. One of my biggest regrets letting the one i had go.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    I think that looks perfect.

    Flitting between these two today. A wonderful combo.

    Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk
    The EoT is a cut above, but, the 422 on that strap!!! what a combo, it looks fantastic.

  22. #672
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Co.Down Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,504
    A new strap from Orloff arrived for the 177 today, not completely sold on it as a combo yet but love the lining and stitching to tone with the Ti








  23. #673
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    3,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    A new strap from Orloff arrived for the 177 today, not completely sold on it as a combo yet but love the lining and stitching to tone with the Ti







    Love that one Nev. Dresses the 177 up very nicely

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  24. #674
    Craftsman JayGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Salisbury
    Posts
    472
    Think so too, the red lining is an inspired choice. It is dressed up but, still quite versatile with the same colour stitch, like it a lot

    Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

  25. #675
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    3,463
    On the red theme, strap just arrived from Toshi. A little bit different.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  26. #676
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Southend
    Posts
    1,251

    01118


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #677
    Image1613073137.755197.jpga bit of platinum,love the dial


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  28. #678
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Image1613073137.755197.jpga bit of platinum,love the dial


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yes this one, how long before Kash has one and sells it on SC!?

    https://hypebeast.com/2021/2/panerai...luminor-marina

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  29. #679
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Co.Down Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,504
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Image1613073137.755197.jpga bit of platinum,love the dial


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    The dial is something else.

  30. #680
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,665
    Probably very true that Kash might pop up with one ;)

    Must say that the only thing I like is the dial. I think the rest is lazy. If you're going to adorn it with precious metal and a follow the trend dial then at least add some tweaks to make it a tad different.

    For me dropping a lot of the text (perhaps just have Panerai Luminor in gold), dropping the date (which looks like an afterthought on these), gold hands, and a less flat crystal would make then dial pop more and add warmth...oh, and 100m at least FFS. And that mess on the back... OMG. And I assume it also has the latest non hacking movement, hmmm whatever.

    All just IMO ;) Rant over.


    Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

  31. #681
    Master Andyp1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,212
    2020 day today. Just perfect when the sun hits the dial.







    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #682
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lincs.
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    2020 day today. Just perfect when the sun hits the dial.


    That is a great looking dial, I like it

  33. #683
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    3,463
    Continuing the radiomir theme. On Boer war ammo pouch strap.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  34. #684
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Co.Down Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,504
    Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    Probably very true that Kash might pop up with one ;)

    Must say that the only thing I like is the dial. I think the rest is lazy. If you're going to adorn it with precious metal and a follow the trend dial then at least add some tweaks to make it a tad different.

    For me dropping a lot of the text (perhaps just have Panerai Luminor in gold), dropping the date (which looks like an afterthought on these), gold hands, and a less flat crystal would make then dial pop more and add warmth...oh, and 100m at least FFS. And that mess on the back... OMG. And I assume it also has the latest non hacking movement, hmmm whatever.

    All just IMO ;) Rant over.


    Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk
    Have to say Alun don't disagree with you on any of that, lose the date, lose the majority of the text , add the gold hands, slightly domed sapphire, screw back 300m and limit it to a very low production run with that dial in platinium and i think they have a very desirable piece. Which inevitably helps the modern brand.

    I have to say for me with the exception on the 1075 and 1314 nothing in the current range cuts it, but maybe I'm old and old skool.

  35. #685
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    39

  36. #686
    Craftsman Wandril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    2020 day today. Just perfect when the sun hits the dial.







    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is the most gorgeous Panerai I've ever seen!

  37. #687
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Fleet
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    This is the most gorgeous Panerai I've ever seen!
    Thatís beautiful !!!
    Not seen one of these before.

  38. #688
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Fleet
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    PAM1117 70th Anniversay model. Arrived this morning.
    Thatís an absolute stunner with an incredible lume. Youíll have to show it to me one day !



    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

  39. #689
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,665
    A coupe of new straps in this week. The 670 back on its OEM blue alligator (now I have a spare to wear out) and the 422 on a green canvas. Happy with both.


    Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

  40. #690

    Smile

    Pah, those straps look awful Alun!!

  41. #691
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,665
    LOL ;)

    Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

  42. #692
    Master Andyp1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,212
    New OEM strap and buckle is finally here after being stuck at customs for four weeks.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  43. #693
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,665
    A great choice Andy. I'm thinking that one of those will be my next strap.

    Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

  44. #694
    Master Andyp1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,212

    Panerai appreciation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    A great choice Andy. I'm thinking that one of those will be my next strap.

    Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk
    Thanks. It would certainly suit your 670.

    Iím impressed with their straps at the moment. Much better fit and finish. Really comfortable as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Andyp1973; 20th February 2021 at 12:36.

  45. #695
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,253
    This thread isnít helping me :-) Iím going round and round in circles, one day itís a 590 now iím leaning towards something Submersible, my grail a 213 Rattrapante . Never owned anything Panerai but canít wait until I get on the bandwagon....

  46. #696
    Master Andyp1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,212

    Panerai appreciation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    This thread isnít helping me :-) Iím going round and round in circles, one day itís a 590 now iím leaning towards something Submersible, my grail a 213 Rattrapante . Never owned anything Panerai but canít wait until I get on the bandwagon....
    I had a 590 for three years. Itís a great reference. Sold it on here last year to help fund my 2020. If I could of kept both at the time I would have.

    It is of course your choice but thatís the way I would go. I doubt youíd regret it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Andyp1973; 20th February 2021 at 17:11.

  47. #697
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Southend
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    This thread isnít helping me :-) Iím going round and round in circles, one day itís a 590 now iím leaning towards something Submersible, my grail a 213 Rattrapante . Never owned anything Panerai but canít wait until I get on the bandwagon....
    I have owned both of those watches and the one I kept is the 590. You will not go wrong so take the plunge


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  48. #698
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    I had a 590 for three years. Itís a great reference. Sold it on here last year to help fund my 2020. If I could of kept both at the time I would have.

    It is of course your choice but thatís the way I would. I doubt youíd regret it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iíve only heard good things about the 590, one of the members on here offered me one, I was all set to go and unfortunately he changed his mind- Donít blame him one bit itís a stunning looking watch. TBH I thought Iíd be able to find something on here with my WTB, Iím sure something will pop up eventually.....

  49. #699
    Craftsman JayGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Salisbury
    Posts
    472
    590 is a fantastic watch, sold mine (back to the original owner, which tells you something) as I fancied a 372/422/557.
    If I could have funded without the sale I'd have kept it, 44mm Alessandro Bettarini case is a masterpiece, 8 day wind, perfect dial balance with the historic 8-day patent roundel. Highly recommended.

    Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

  50. #700
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    2,635
    Another vote here for a 590! Owned one a few times. Fantastic watch.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information