closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dust, lint, hairs, finger prints, smudges etc etc

Dust, lint, hairs, finger prints, smudges etc etc

This afternoon with the weather being decent I took the opportunity to take some photo's of a watch in natural light I am trading with a friend.

I thought all went well but then when I looked at the macro photo's full screen on my pc the "rubbish" included with the watch is quite embarrassing :)

I see lots of photo's of watches for sale with photo's not much better than mine, it really makes me appreciate more the quality photo's some guys produce.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    This afternoon with the weather being decent I took the opportunity to take some photo's of a watch in natural light I am trading with a friend.

I thought all went well but then when I looked at the macro photo's full screen on my pc the "rubbish" included with the watch is quite embarrassing :)

I see lots of photo's of watches for sale with photo's not much better than mine, it really makes me appreciate more the quality photo's some guys produce.
    I always get dust etc on my watch pics, especially if I am selling one!

I honestly can't be bothered to take too long over my pics and I draw consolation in that when folk receive one of my watches it looks better than the pics!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Photoshop is your friend

A quick 10 mins in PS from this

To this

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    Photoshop is your friend
    But not if selling or trading because if a photo has been touched up in photoshop it's not a totally true likeness of the watch in the deal.

But not if selling or trading because if a photo has been touched up in photoshop it's not a totally true likeness of the watch in the deal.
    Agree, especially if the dust is part of the deal!

Photoshopping issues out for sale is a definite no-no and would soon be uncovered.

Blog Entries
    If the watch can go in water - give it a good wash in soap and water and finish with a lint free cloth, else clean with a damp cloth. Clean off again with a watch cloth to remove dust. You can get a cheap air-pump off amazon that can be used to blow dust off lenses - give your watch a few puffs of air to remove any further dust that may have landed on your watch meantime.

This is picture taken with a camera phone - no post-editing

b*gger me - just spotted a loose bracelet screw - that could have been a disaster (thanks very much AD)
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 30th December 2020 at 18:59.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    If the watch can go in water - give it a good wash in soap and water and finish with a lint free cloth, else clean with a damp cloth. Clean off again with a watch cloth to remove dust. You can get a cheap air-pump off amazon that can be used to blow dust off lenses - give your watch a few puffs of air to remove any further dust that may have landed on your watch meantime.

This is picture taken with a camera phone - no post-editing

b*gger me - just spotted a loose bracelet screw - that could have been a disaster (thanks very much AD)
    I saw that, scary.

Photo looks how a watch photo should look :)