closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where to buy a replacement Tudor BB bezel

Where to buy a replacement Tudor BB bezel

I’ve tried eBay, can’t think of anywhere else - as am assuming I cannot just but one direct from Tudor unless I send the watch in for a service or whatnot.

Any ideas? Looking for the standard black insert with Red triangle marker from the Black Bay, watch ref M79230N-0009

Thanks
    Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want original I.e. not a knock off it will only come from Tudor just like any other Rolex /Tudor part
    I am also sure they will only supply a direct replacement for the part which is OEM on the watch. They will not change a red for a black etc.

Would try a few ad’s maybe one will supply you.

Otherwise a Tudor certified watchmaker. Probably every high end independent watch maker can supply you.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Some mothers do have them! Just get one from your nearest Tudor AD!

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    I asked - they said they couldn’t just buy the part and supply me, would need to be fitted into the watch by sending it off to Tudor.
    Maybe will try another AD or two, could just have been a Goldsmith’s thing

Craftsman
    I wanted to get one of these after losing the lume pip from mine. Ultimately gave up looking and sent it in for a service and a complete bezel replacement.

Let me know how you get on in your search.

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    I asked - they said they couldn’t just buy the part and supply me, would need to be fitted into the watch by sending it off to Tudor.
    Maybe will try another AD or two, could just have been a Goldsmith’s thing

It would have to be supplied to an AD with a parts account- I'm not sure if that means they need an on-site watchmaker these days or not, but I've ordered bezel inserts/bracelets etc. From some Rolex AD's but others couldn't as they didn't have access to parts.

Or it could be that RolexTudor want to see the actual watch to ascertain why it needs a new bezel.

I b need a complete new bezel for a 16750, as it got caught and is no long gone. Along with the original irreplaceable insert :(

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Some mothers do have them! Just get one from your nearest Tudor AD!
    Would they supply just the part? You sound like you know for sure. Another member on here damaged his Pelagos bezel and was told Tudor would only replace it on top of a full service., despite the fact it didn't need a service.
    "A man of little significance"

S, plan B - I might have to buy a Black Bay, whip the bezel insert out, then send it to Tudor for a replacement with some spurious story about how it fell out. Then sell the Tudor again.

Bloomin heck - oh well, will give it another week to try and source just the insert, then raid the piggie bank for plan B!

S, plan B - I might have to buy a Black Bay, whip the bezel insert out, then send it to Tudor for a replacement with some spurious story about how it fell out. Then sell the Tudor again.

Bloomin heck - oh well, will give it another week to try and source just the insert, then raid the piggie bank for plan B!

Are you trying to obtain the same colour bezel that is already in the watch?
    What is wrong with the bezel you have?

Plan B is a stupid idea, send the watch to Tudor, any service will be cheaper than buying another watch.
    If you buy another watch you could potentially lose money on the purchase/ resale plus when you send the new watch to Tudor they may say that watch needs a service before they replace the bezel.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 26th March 2019 at 07:56.

Just so you can compare prices, a full service plus bezel is £451.76 inc VAT from Rolex. New bezel is £197.30 plus VAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Are you trying to obtain the same colour bezel that is already in the watch?
    What is wrong with the bezel you have?

Plan B is a stupid idea, send the watch to Tudor, any service will be cheaper than buying another watch.
    If you buy another watch you could potentially lose money on the purchase/ resale plus when you send the new watch to Tudor they may say that watch needs a service before they replace the bezel.
    Thanks - to answer your first question, no.

The rest of what you say is totally correct, but not relevant for my needs (which, admittedly, I have not stated here in any detail)
    Cheers

Thanks - to answer your first question, no.

The rest of what you say is totally correct, but not relevant for my needs (which, admittedly, I have not stated here in any detail)
    Cheers

Fair enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Just so you can compare prices, a full service plus bezel is £451.76 inc VAT from Rolex. New bezel is £197.30 plus VAT.
    Both the service and the bezel are more than I thought! At that price you'd think you could just buy a bezel.

I know what the OP is trying to do here and it shouldn't be this hard. Seems unfair.

I have progressed this.....

Well done, looks good. How did you manage it in the end and how much did it cost?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RS404 View Post
    Well done, looks good. How did you manage it in the end and how much did it cost?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    It was not simple!

I have had to buy a Black Bay black, then remove the bezel from it, steal the insert, then dropped it into Rolex St.James for a replacement with a cover story of knocking off the bezel and damaging insert blah blah blah.

They are inspecting it to ensure no further issues due to the knocked off bezel (lol) and will confirm shortly that it’s just an insert replacement - so £40-odd quid, unless they try and sting me for a service too. In which case £200-odd.

Then I need re-sell the black Bay, otherwise it will have cost me £1800! ;)

Wow, that's a hell of a long way round just to change an insert, but well done with coming up with a cunning plan. Hopefully they will replace the 'stolen' insert and you can sell the Watch without losing too much.

I do hope the Tudor is a keeper after all this effort.

Tut tut tut.

Craftsman
    I admire your commitment to seeing this project / idea through haha

That's a nuts way to have to go about it bit that looks stunning. Black, date, no faux lume, but of red. Very nice indeed.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 18th July 2019 at 21:26.

Yep - totally excessive. Only way to get a genuine insert though (well, I saw one online for over £300 but that would be mad).

I really wanted to achieve it, and other than my time/effort, it “should” only cost me around the price of a replacement insert and some postage costs for the buying and selling.

I don’t plan to sell the watch - I am becoming a bit of a Tudor fanboy

You know what you need now though, an originally black bay bracelet from before they were rivetted. Then it'll be almost perfect minus the lack of easy link.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    You know what you need now though, an originally black bay bracelet from before they were rivetted. Then it'll be almost perfect minus the lack of easy link.
    Ha! I have been considering this!
    Or getting the faux rivers polished out..... but I don’t actually mind them that much.

If a reasonably priced original pops up anywhere I’ll consider it - but I think the original head was slightly slimmer, so not sure if they’re a like for like swap.

Another gratuitous photo....

I really like that :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Roll on Basel! I want this one!

So, little update - Rolex are having my pants down.....
    I sent the BB in for replacement insert and they’ve reported “bezel is bent and we cannot refit it, have to buy a new one along with insert”
    Now I know it is not, as refitted and tested it myself before taking in for the service!

I asked for a second opinion and their repair shop manager confirmed the engineering report. All of this done over the phone between Goldsmiths and Rolex.

I reckon I should get it back and send to Bill Rice or someone for an independent opinion.

Maybe somebody from Rolex has read this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    Maybe somebody from Rolex has read this thread?
    Hmmmm. And they’ve decided to punish me financially?

Arseholes.

Just in case you are right and they’re reading.

So despite having bought a number of Rolex and Tudor watches over the years (new, so they get the cash - unlike all the pre-owned trading we love) and having them subsequently serviced with Rolex, it’s appropriate to act like this?
    I think some people think I’m committing some sort of crime in circumventing a company’s mafia-like policies. It’s a bloody bezel insert FFS

Last edited by notenoughwrists; 25th July 2019 at 23:34.

Can I ask what the outcome of this one was in the end?

I have a BB Steel on the way to me and would really like to fit a black or red bezel to it.

I’m guessing it’s no easier now to get hold of spare bezel inserts?