closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: In the PRS-25 Club

Apprentice

In the PRS-25 Club

I'm new to the forum and to Smiths watches. I just picked up a new Smiths PRS-25 (40 mm with new clasp) from another watch forum, it was purchased new a few weeks ago. I recently sold a Steinhart Ocean One Vintage, that was just too big at 42 mm and L2L.
    The PRS-25 is exactly what I was seeking: smaller, slimmer, still has the domed sapphire crystal. The vintage vibe isn't too over the top like the Steinhart was.
    The bracelet looks great, and eventually will be what I'll use for the summer months.
    Till then, I had to decide between a B&R Rallye, Erikas MN and a weathered black leather strap. I went with the black weathered strap for now, it's an old favorite and comfortable.
    The Great Britain script fits my MGB and I also collect and smoke British tobacco pipes, so that just seems right.
    I'm looking forward to getting to know the watch and board.

Master
    Congratulations 👍

Craftsman
    Have you seen how the little bugger glows in the dark yet? It’s fab

Fantastic watch , mines barely been off my wrist since I got it last November.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomps68 View Post
    Fantastic watch , mines barely been off my wrist since I got it last November.
    I wear a dress diver during the week, but I actually hate taking off the Smiths! It's been keeping great time as well, right on track with my Longines. The power reserve also seems to easily be over 40 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by riff raff View Post
    The Great Britain script fits my MGB and I also collect and smoke British tobacco pipes, so that just seems right.
    I'm looking forward to getting to know the watch and board.
    Welcome to the forum! The Smiths is a beauty, though you need a British strap to go with it

Used to be a keen pipe smoker many moons ago. A straight Falcon was my daily due to the easy cleaning/bowl changing. Big fan of Peterson too, but ISTR they're Irish...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    Welcome to the forum! The Smiths is a beauty, though you need a British strap to go with it

Used to be a keen pipe smoker many moons ago. A straight Falcon was my daily due to the easy cleaning/bowl changing. Big fan of Peterson too, but ISTR they're Irish...
    I have a number of older Petersons (pre-Republic era). I'm a moderator of the PipesMagazine.com forum, check us out if you still have any interest. Falcon is still alive!