closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Long shot - decent builder in Nottingham

Long shot - decent builder in Nottingham

Bit of a desperate grab, but anyone in the east mids and can recommend a good builder for some large-scale general home improvements (new kitchen, bathroom, chop in a back door, brick up a few windows, open up some chimney breasts, staircase into loft etc.) and at fairly short notice....

I’ve had a chap I know lined up to start next week and just had the very sad news he passed away last week. The push with the timeline is the fact I’ve booked my Mrs and baby 6 weeks away in Spain to avoid the disruption, and they leave on Monday.

Anyway, thanks to anyone who’s got valid input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    That's awful, poor guy.

Enjoy your holiday but don't book a builder that is free to start straight away, particularly if you're out of the country.
    The old adage 'never eat in an empty restaurant' applies here. Most decent builder's are booked up months ahead.

Is there no way of cancelling the time in Spain to when you have somebody else in the frame.

You are completely right Dave - the good builder part is my priority.
    The timeline is secondary, never know what luck I may have but am aware of how busy decent builders are... have had this work lined up since November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Checkatrade
    I wouldn't trust checkatrade personally, I've heard bad reports of unscrupulous practices via that website, I would trust it about as much as I trust any online reviews!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    I wouldn't trust checkatrade personally, I've heard bad reports of unscrupulous practices via that website, I would trust it about as much as I trust any online reviews!!

This, get a recommendation from someone local who can show you the quality of workmanship.

Someone’s excellent maybe someone’s needs doing again.

Do folk actually use CAT?

Master
    If you can get a quality builder to suit your timeframe l would be very worried.
    When we had our work done none of the builders we had quotes off could start for at least six months & some recommended being in position for the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    If you can get a quality builder to suit your timeframe l would be very worried.
    When we had our work done none of the builders we had quotes off could start for at least six months & some recommended being in position for the following year.
    This had crossed my mind TBH. The guy we use is pretty much booked up at least a year in advance, he does not advertise anywhere.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post

Used it a couple of times myself, and had no issues, just good tradesmen. I’d use it again.