closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ianos Kickstarter

Craftsman

Ianos Kickstarter

Wow, 100% funding in 2 hours that’s pretty decent to say the least!

Cracking watches for the price, decided to get the steel with olive dial and the black diver with blue dial.

Good to see new entrants trying to break through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Good looking watch

Mmmm..bit flintstone for my taste..why have they used a nut as a crown??

Craftsman
    Hope it turns up in a reasonable my last kickstarter watch was 12 months late

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    Hope it turns up in a reasonable my last kickstarter watch was 12 months late

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yeah, that’s the main downside, you’re effectively finding the production before they’ve worked out how to fulfil the orders!

Craftsman
    From the kickstarter page:
    Unlike a cheap battery-powered Quartz movement, where the second hand is ticking only once per second, the Automatic movement vibrates eight times per second, which gives the aesthetic of compelling quality when the second hand is floating.

In addition to being a piece of art, Automatic movement means the watch is running by itself, so you will never have to worry about changing a battery, and it`s eco-friendly at the same time.
    Who are they targeting? Anyone buying an automatic watch is most likely aware of the basic differences between auto and quartz.
    Why bash quartz and paint all quartz movements with the one brush? There are lots of cracking quartz movements, without ever even discussing things like spring drives, meca quartz movements and other less common variants.

They dont list where quartz has benefits over an automatic either, so if their target market is so clueless that they cant google the difference between quartz and automatic movements, then this marketing spiel is not helpful as its highly biased and will only lead to disappointed customers.

Doesn't instill any confidence in the brand, at least for me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson_smyth View Post
    From the kickstarter page:

Who are they targeting? Anyone buying an automatic watch is most likely aware of the basic differences between auto and quartz.
    Why bash quartz and paint all quartz movements with the one brush? There are lots of cracking quartz movements, without ever even discussing things like spring drives, meca quartz movements and other less common variants.

They dont list where quartz has benefits over an automatic either, so if their target market is so clueless that they cant google the difference between quartz and automatic movements, then this marketing spiel is not helpful as its highly biased and will only lead to disappointed customers.

Doesn't instill any confidence in the brand, at least for me.[/QUOTE]

Can't see such comments on the kickstarter page.

Looks fresh. But why a hand-wound movement on a diver with screw-down crown?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zenius View Post
    But why a hand-wound movement on a diver with screw-down crown?[/QUOTE]

I often think it is odd when I see this combination of design features.

I suppose it stems from the fact that designing a watch with water resistance beyond 100 meter is difficult without a screw down crown and most people seem to want 200 meters or more when buying dive watches.