closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bank Account security compromise...

Bank Account security compromise...

I learned, by way of a double declined transaction on Thursday, that out there in the ether, some scrote had somehow got hold of my business account details and made a few relatively small purchases totalling around £ 600.

Obviously I've no way of knowing how this come about because I don't consider myself a stupid individual, I'm not blase with my details and stuff and only I have the card.
    I've had to surrender my 3 other debit cards and I now await fresh ones. It piffed up my online banking too which will need a reset once the cards have arrived with me.

To cap it all, my mobile signal went "offline" too as of yesterday morning and I've spent way too much time farting round trying to get that sorted too. Turns out there's been a block put on the number 'cos it's been reported stolen so a new SIM card later, with a potential 24hr wait for activation, I've had no phone for 2 days either ??
    WTF ?

I wanted an easy run in to the weekend......not bloody likely...

And breathe........

Master
    It's possible that the scammers reported your phone so they can try & get the replacement SIM & thus intercept any 2FA codes that are sent. You might want to make very sure your phone company only deal with you & don't get 'social engineered' by the scammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pointy View Post
    It's possible that the scammers reported your phone so they can try & get the replacement SIM & thus intercept any 2FA codes that are sent. You might want to make very sure your phone company only deal with you & don't get 'social engineered' by the scammers.
    This, wasn’t it shown on a recent program that it’s still possible to blag a replacement sim even without the mandatory/needed ID.

I turned up in person for the SIM card but I don't doubt the lengths these bar stewards would go to.

This happened to my gf she got a text about changing to O2 next her phone is out and bank account compromised. Do be very careful with your SIM and check any security numbers registered with your bank.

Which mobile OS are you on - iOS or Android, and do you use mobile banking app? Just trying to figure out where it came from..
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Which mobile OS are you on - iOS or Android, and do you use mobile banking app? Just trying to figure out where it came from..
    Android and yes I do use a banking app....

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Android and yes I do use a banking app....
    Cheers, Android OS/banking aop would be the most likely way how they got into your bank account. Did you download any apps recently, like game or something, if yes, it was probably compromised/run key logger, grabbed screen shots etc and exifiled data to the scrotes.

PS just to add, and to add to your woes, it is highly likely that whoever compromised your banking app has also full access to your phone ie emails, contacts, notes, photos etc, so if you're planning to use the same headset with new SIM card I'd suggest you do full factory reset, upgrade to the latest OS and only then put new SIM card.
    Last edited by VDG; 23rd March 2019 at 00:58.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Grand Master
    I don’t trust banking from a mobile phone, I refuse to do it. Had a big row with Yorkshire Bank over this when I insisted on continuing to do my on- line banking from my home computer.