closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Garden Shed Suppliers

Craftsman
    In them there mountainous Hills of Surrey

Garden Shed Suppliers

Apparently I need to obtain a new garden shed for Mrs N.'s allotment.

She's looking for something 5x7 or thereabouts and not too fancy. Can anyone recommend any suppliers/manufacturers and are there any to avoid?

Craftsman
    I bought a pressure treated shire 7x7 corner shed recently from One Garden as they were the cheapest. Seems like quite a number of the companies just drop ship them anyway.
    Shed went together reasonably easily. The felt is rubbish and would recommend buying better stuff before you go to the trouble of fitting it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I visited a local garden shed which had a supplier/manufacturer onsite. The service level was very good and very different from the other 'shed only' places who were not interested in listening/explaining and just wanted your order/money. The garden centre place explained the various designs, features and made recommendations.

Master
    I’m just waiting for delivery on a new shed. It will have shiplap sides and loglap front and back (sides can’t be seen hence the cheaper shiplap) with a built in dog kennel. It’s 7.5x9’ and it will be 600 odd quid delivered and erected.
    Having looked at my neighbours shed from the same company I think it’s fantastic value for money.

Edit. This is from a company in Mid Glamorgan, I don’t know how far they are willing to travel though.
    Last edited by jaytip; 23rd March 2019 at 12:05.

Journeyman
    Tiger sheds online offer decent quality for a good price. I’ve had two off them.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I got a yard master metal shed from Argos years back. Good job, going strong.

Craftsman
    In them there mountainous Hills of Surrey
    Thanks for the suggestions all - some interesting options there.

Regarding the metal shed how is it for condensation? I’ve always thought that would be a problem but I don’t really know why I thought that so some real world experience would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nuttington View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions all - some interesting options there.

Regarding the metal shed how is it for condensation? I’ve always thought that would be a problem but I don’t really know why I thought that so some real world experience would be helpful.
    To my surprise, I’ve never had a drop. However, it’s sited under some large cypress trees so doesn’t get much solar, or frost; ymmv. I’d imagine if you had condensation in one then a couple of sheets of 25mm kspan would sort it. Bigger issue for me is not being able to fix shelving, brackets etc to the walls - you would need to consider free standing for everything. All in all, I was so impressed that I commissioned a very large steel garage afterwards.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    A second for tiger sheds,you have to wait longer for it but a better build quality and cheaper than I could make as a chippie by a long way.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I also built up a tiger shed in the old house. Was happy with it for the money.