closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fed up waiting for the ceramic Pepsi GMT, decision made and an arrival! Pics

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries

Fed up waiting for the ceramic Pepsi GMT, decision made and an arrival! Pics

Last year when the Rolex Pepsi on Jubilee was released I was so excited, thought it looked brilliant so dashed to get on the waiting list (3 places)

I’ve thought about consolidating down to 4 watches, my Hulk, with the ceramic GMT plus something gold or two-tone and a grab and go Quartz.

I contacted all 3 yesterday (it’s exactly a year today) only to be told “3yrs” (from a dealer who said 2-3 years a year ago!) and “we’ve closed the book” by another (even though I was told/lied to that I was 6th on the list a year ago...)

The third said “I’ll get someone to call you back”

Bugger it, I don’t think it will ever come but we’ll see!

In the meantime i’m committed to Reducing and consolidating my collection based on lack of wear and sold this week my Rolex 1601 Datejust which I’ve owned for a few years and loved, plus my Monaco.

They’ve both been replaced by this:-

I went to Milton’s Liverpool yesterday to try it and left a deposit to reserve it until payday.

I know it’s not everyone’s taste, but I love the two tone and blue iridescent dial.

I’ve got a feeling i’ll Be culling some more soon if I wear this anywhere near as much as the 16710!
    Last edited by RJM25R; 8th May 2019 at 19:51.

Craftsman
    Lovely watch!

It’s weird, I’ve never liked two tone gold watches before, then six months ago I reached 50 and now I love em. The Rolex Sub / GMT ones and Seamaster sedna gold and black ones in particular....I can’t explain the sudden change in taste

Glad you’ve found a Rolex you’re going to love rather than sit on a waiting list indefinitely....enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmer42 View Post
    Lovely watch!

It’s weird, I’ve never liked two tone gold watches before, then six months ago I reached 50 and now I love em. The Rolex Sub / GMT ones and Seamaster sedna gold and black ones in particular....I can’t explain the sudden change in taste

Glad you’ve found a Rolex you’re going to love rather than sit on a waiting list indefinitely....enjoy

Haha. "All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does, and that is his." Perhaps only tangentially apposite but, nurture or nature, who knows, it does seem our tastes all start to follow the same inevitable arc. Found myself considering a checked, peaked cap in C&A the other day - last time on my radar was when sported by my grandfather circa 1974. Next up, slip on shoes with 'comfortable' soles ...
    Last edited by ColDaspin; 21st March 2019 at 08:53.

Great choice. I've also given up with the wait for a Pepsi. Hoping to get the. Ew anniversary speedy instead. Fingers and everything else crossed.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ColDaspin View Post
    Haha. "All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does, and that is his." Perhaps only tangentially apposite but, nurture or nature, who knows, it does seem our tastes all start to follow the same inevitable arc. Found myself considering a checked, peaked cap in C&A the other day - last time on my radar was when sported by my grandfather circa 1974. Next up, slip on shoes with 'comfortable' soles ...
    Funny, I nearly bought a cap the other day.....draw the line at comfortable slip ons though

I'm not convinced that most ADs even maintain the lists that they kid you and I we are on. I'm sure some localised dealers are more honest, but I went on the Daytona list years ago and not a sniff. Tried several times to find out how I am doing on the list, a load of waffle back with no direct answer, head office and all that guff.

Then I hear stories from people on here about that branch receiving Daytonas and how they are sold - and it certainly bears no relationship to the next guy on the list.

I gave up in the end, but confidently guarantee that I will never receive a call...
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 21st March 2019 at 10:54.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I'm not convinced that most ADs even maintain the lists that they kid you and I we are on. I'm sure some localised dealers are more honest, but I went on the Daytona list years ago and not a sniff. Tried several times to find out how I am doing on the list, a load of waffle back with no direct answer, head office and all this guff.

Then I hear stories from people on here about that branch receiving Daytona and how they are sold - and it certainly bears no relationship to the next guy on the list.

I gave up in the end, but confidently guarantee that I will never receive a call...
    I think you have a point there. My brother and I went to a main national dealer and placed our names and this list for a Daytona each, black and white face. We sat down; our names and addresses with telephone details were taken; estimates of how many they receive in a year were given; how many names they had above us on the list.

Two years later, I popped in to see how far up the list we'd gone. The sales person said, "What list?"

After an angry exchange of words with the manager, they insisted they don't keep lists and it must have all been in my mind (the implication).

Never again.

Master
    You have bought a stunner. Enjoy.

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Then I hear stories from people on here about that branch receiving Daytonas and how they are sold - and it certainly bears no relationship to the next guy on the list.

I went on a list and got a call ...never say never..you never know That TT sub is nice BTW.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Last year when the Rolex Pepsi on Jubilee was released I was so excited, thought it looked brilliant so dashed to get on the waiting list (3 places)

I’ve thought about consolidating down to 4 watches, my Hulk, with the ceramic GMT plus something gold or two-tone and a grab and go Quartz.

I contacted all 3 yesterday (it’s exactly a year today) only to be told “3yrs” (from a dealer who said 2-3 years a year ago!) and “we’ve closed the book” by another (even though I was told/lied to that I was 6th on the list a year ago...)

The third said “I’ll get someone to call you back”

I'm still waiting for the call for an SD 50 and that's "my" AD from where I bought the unloved SDc4000 (at full list) a couple of years earlier. It's clear lists are meaningless (for now at least - until the "investors" and profiteers move on to the next big thing). Unlike last year, my AD won't even now entertain anyone ringing up for a sought after watch. If you are interested, you go into the shop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Sadly TTs are one the few Rolex sport models which are readily available due to their unpopularity. They are also hard to sell on and have poor residuals.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    I think that may be a general rule. All rules have exceptions though

The blue on that TT is rather special.

Martyn

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
    The sales person said, "What list?"

The only list is the telephone numbers of the grey dealers who give them a kick back.

Grand Master
    Sadly TTs are one the few Rolex sport models which are readily available due to their unpopularity. They are also hard to sell on and have poor residuals.

Depends how you look at it. I almost bought a used one a few years ago, if I had it would be worth approx. double the price it was offered at.

I wouldn't call the residual value poor, just not as good as the steel ones that folks fawn over.

Anyhow, why does the 'residual value' have to matter? If you can`t afford the watch to drop in value maybe you can`t afford to buy it in the first place?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Depends how you look at it. I almost bought a used one a few years ago, if I had it would be worth approx. double the price it was offered at.

I wouldn't call the residual value poor, just not as good as the steel ones that folks fawn over.

Anyhow, why does the 'residual value' have to matter? If you can`t afford the watch to drop in value maybe you can`t afford to buy it in the first place?
    Exactly this. Residuals are great. I stupidly sold my 16713 2 years ago. I now have to add nearly 2k to buy it back....

Craftsman
    You’re not the only one who is now considering a TT

As much as I want a SS GMT I will use the TT purchase from an AD as a litmus really to see if it’s worth the wait. I’m not yet looking for a TT Sub as TT CHNR is my likely purchase but whichever AD I get it from I will use for subsequent purchases down the line.
    Enjoy your new watch and wear it in good health

Quote Originally Posted by ColDaspin View Post
    I recently found myself admiring the Day/Date President in gold … That came like a bolt out of the blue, I can tell yer!

Nice to see a Bluesy, it reminds me of JJ over on TRF who passed away some years back. He was a great character.

Lovely watch!
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Blog Entries
    Why do you have to be in good health to wear a watch??? Stupid phrase

It's just a nice thing to say to someone. Others will understand.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I had my name down and paid deposit last year for Pepsi in march with ad and was guaranteed to get one..only to be told 4 weeks ago they can't get one and will have to refund the deposit back to me..whole year of keeping my money and then refunding me..poor customer service

Blog Entries
    Am on the list at my local AD for a Pepsi supposedly, but don't hold out much hope even though I've bought some Rolex from them in the last 2 or 3 years. Now considering another TT to go with my DJ41 perhaps instead. Was sorely tempted by a blue sub when I saw one at an evening do at a local jewellers, I must admit.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    I’m a fan of the blue 16613, nice watch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    I had my name down and paid deposit last year for Pepsi in march with ad and was guaranteed to get one..only to be told 4 weeks ago they can't get one and will have to refund the deposit back to me..whole year of keeping my money and then refunding me..poor customer service
    That’s beyond poor service!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl1 View Post
    I went on a list and got a call ...never say never..you never know That TT sub is nice BTW.
    Thx!

If the call DID happen, and I don’t expect it ever will, I don’t know how I’d feel about it now.

I like to actually wear my watches but now often feel uncomfortable wearing my Hulk, knowing that it’s fast approaching £10k in value. Would I want to wear a GMT that’s worth even more?

An unlikely dilemma, as I now believe mere mortals like myself will never get a chance to find out anyway.
    Last edited by RJM25R; 22nd March 2019 at 07:55.

Craftsman
    I put my name down on release day last year for a Pepsi, I was seventh on the list. I had a chat with the manager a month ago and he thinks he has had about 7 in the last year. He said see what Basel brings this year & see what's hot. Well I'm guessing demand won't have dried up so I have a plan to get one by 17th July this year. Fingers crossed when I go a collect my warranty card for my hulk next month :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    I put my name down on release day last year for a Pepsi, I was seventh on the list. I had a chat with the manager a month ago and he thinks he has had about 7 in the last year. He said see what Basel brings this year & see what's hot. Well I'm guessing demand won't have dried up so I have a plan to get one by 17th July this year. Fingers crossed when I go a collect my warranty card for my hulk next month :)
    Interesting. You were 7th and they’ve had 7 in. I’m not a mathematician but......

🤷🏻*♂️

Craftsman
    Interesting. You were 7th and they’ve had 7 in. I’m not a mathematician but......

路*♂️
    Now you know & I know AD mathematics doesn't work like that, it's the bigger numbers that come first £££

Looks good! Congrats and enjoy :-)

I completely relate to this as well. Previously when I had a ND sub, it was worth around £4k - this is only going back a few years - and now I've just bought a 116600 but I'm a bit scared to wear it outside due to the value. I don't see things getting any better with Tudor seemingly taking the place of the Rolex from 5 years ago in terms of pricing, so this pattern will be the new norm.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Courboy View Post
    I completely relate to this as well. Previously when I had a ND sub, it was worth around £4k - this is only going back a few years - and now I've just bought a 116600 but I'm a bit scared to wear it outside due to the value. I don't see things getting any better with Tudor seemingly taking the place of the Rolex from 5 years ago in terms of pricing, so this pattern will be the new norm.
    It’s a bit of a self-fulfilling system. They increase in price because people are buying as investments not as watches to wear and enjoy. Would be nice if things returned to the way they were 4+ years ago but when and if that will ever happen ....
    Last edited by David_D; 22nd March 2019 at 16:54.

Lists are a waste of time. Spend enough with your A.D. and they’ll get you one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
    Lists are a waste of time. Spend enough with your A.D. and they’ll get you one.
    The list is just a list of people who want to buy the watch. The order is of no major significance. As you say, best customers get first pick irrespective. Bad news for people like me but completely understandable.

Master
    I put my name down on release day last year for a Pepsi, I was seventh on the list. I had a chat with the manager a month ago and he thinks he has had about 7 in the last year.)
    Must be a big AD to have 7 in less than a year, no? Haven't asked recently but my AD had only seen one when I spoke back end of last year. Might have been saying that just so I didn't feel hard done by!

In my own experience (I've had 3 of them) that's not true at all.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Based on my experience this statement is not correct. I purchased a 16613 a few years ago, thoroughly enjoyed owning it and then sold it on at a profit to fund another purchase. it is a lovely watch and I very much hope the OP enjoys the ownership experience. Miltonaires are also great to deal with so another good choice.

Blog Entries
    The new upgraded BLNR/Jubilee will be equally unobtainable.

Like the sub

Like the sub date

Like the hulk

Like the SD43

Like the GMT

Like the current/outgoing BLNR on Oyster

So nothing new there then.

I’ll just stick with my worthless, depreciating and hard to sell two tone.
    Last edited by RJM25R; 23rd March 2019 at 11:58.

Craftsman
    Out of curiosity, has anyone on this forum actually managed to get a Pepsi from an AD in the last 6 months/a year?

Craftsman
    Thx!

If the call DID happen, and I don’t expect it ever will, I don’t know how I’d feel about it now.

I like to actually wear my watches but now often feel uncomfortable wearing my Hulk, knowing that it’s fast approaching £10k in value. Would I want to wear a GMT that’s worth even more?

An unlikely dilemma, as I now believe mere mortals like myself will never get a chance to find out anyway.
    Your hulk is already worth over 10k!

My AD has told me I will get one eventually just not yet. I assume they have plenty of VIPs to look after and I am certainly not one of their big spenders

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Must be a big AD to have 7 in less than a year, no? Haven't asked recently but my AD had only seen one when I spoke back end of last year. Might have been saying that just so I didn't feel hard done by!
    I think ADs get more than what they let on to not upset customers. When I spoke to mine in maybe September last year they told me they’ve received a ‘few’ and this is just a small chain AD.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    Your hulk is already worth over 10k!

My AD has told me I will get one eventually just not yet. I assume they have plenty of VIPs to look after and I am certainly not one of their big spenders
    It’s sat in the safe and I’m out tonight wearing my GMT.

I’m wondering if it’s time to let it go, after I saved up to buy it and it’s getting little wear.....

Blog Entries

I wear this with no abandon, even though items worth£4000 I don’t worry. Marks, scratches, scuffs? Maybe! But that’s it’s life story, surely!?

I wear this with no abandon, even though items worth£4000 I don’t worry. Marks, scratches, scuffs? Maybe! But that’s it’s life story, surely!?
    Does look nice that Ric.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Does look nice that Ric.

Cheers mate!

If you ain’t wearing it, what’s the point?

Airking, Hulk, aerospace, speedy panda, your time (maybe) is due!

Gmt ln is out so the rest will rise in price

If you think that’s worth £4K Ric, you’re seriously behind the times.

Put it SC at that and the hoovers would have bought it before you’ve finished writing!

Apart from my G shock, my GMT is the only watch I wear these days too.

Craftsman
    It’s sat in the safe and I’m out tonight wearing my GMT.

I’m wondering if it’s time to let it go, after I saved up to buy it and it’s getting little wear.....
    Sold my hulk because it just wasnt being worn

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Cheers mate!

If you ain’t wearing it, what’s the point?

Airking, Hulk, aerospace, speedy panda, your time (maybe) is due!
    Panda Ric , you know the direction to my PM

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ManCityDG View Post
    Out of curiosity, has anyone on this forum actually managed to get a Pepsi from an AD in the last 6 months/a year?
    Yes , ordered in March and collected in October iirc , I do remember it was a couple of days after the price rise though, how cynical of me to think they held it back a few days.
    Last edited by Buster73; 24th March 2019 at 09:59.

Just to keep you all updated with my BLNR, I ordered mine, left a thousand pound deposit back in September last year. I have been regular contact, once a month to ask where I am up to. He told me originally that it could take up to ten months so I knew I needed to sit and wait, which wasn't a problem.

When I rang him coming up to Christmas he told me that I am next in line to get one and shouldn't be too long now. He did say with the rumors going around about the disscontinuation of the BLNR or new upgraded version it may be after March before more starting to come into their shop.

Just after Christmas I got a call from them, which as you could imaging I was quite excited, he said, great news! I have a GMT Rolex in the shop with your name on it, if you want it? I said, is it the BLNR, he said, no. I asked him whys he offering it me when he knows what I want. He just said, I though it may have tempted me to have one of these instead, I told him I would happily wait for the watch I ordered thanks.

Anyhow, fast forward Basel World and the new BLNR with the jubilee bracelet, as soon as I found out about the latest version I called the shop. As it was the same day, he told me hes heard about the news and had not more information than that. I said as I'm next when will I be getting mine? He then started to sound a little anxious, he couldn't tell me if I'd be next or on the list, he told me he's off to Rolex tomorrow? To be informed about the changes to current models and asked me to ring back next week. I get the feeling I'm being fobed off, and maybe being pushed out somehow, even though they've had my money since September.

When I call back next week ill update you all

Last edited by Kippax; 24th March 2019 at 10:18.

Why do you have to be in good health to wear a watch??? Stupid phrase

Im not a fan of the phrase, but one would have to be equally stupid not to understand the sentiment behind it...

It's a completely stupid, meaningless thing to say!

As is that.