closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fed up waiting for the ceramic Pepsi GMT, decision made and an arrival! Pics

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Just to keep you all updated with my BLNR, I ordered mine, left a thousand pound deposit back in September last year. I have been regular contact, once a month to ask where I am up to. He told me originally that it could take up to ten months so I knew I needed to sit and wait, which wasn't a problem.

When I rang him coming up to Christmas he told me that I am next in line to get one and shouldn't be too long now. He did say with the rumors going around about the disscontinuation of the BLNR or new upgraded version it may be after March before more starting to come into their shop.

Just after Christmas I got a call from them, which as you could imaging I was quite excited, he said, great news! I have a GMT Rolex in the shop with your name on it, if you want it? I said, is it the BLNR, he said, no. I asked him whys he offering it me when he knows what I want. He just said, I though it may have tempted me to have one of these instead, I told him I would happily wait for the watch I ordered thanks.

Anyhow, fast forward Basel World and the new BLNR with the jubilee bracelet, as soon as I found out about the latest version I called the shop. As it was the same day, he told me hes heard about the news and had not more information than that. I said as I'm next when will I be getting mine? He then started to sound a little anxious, he couldn't tell me if I'd be next or on the list, he told me he's off to Rolex tomorrow? To be informed about the changes to current models and asked me to ring back next week. I get the feeling I'm being fobed off, and maybe being pushed out somehow, even though they've had my money since September.

When I call back next week ill update you all

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Funnily enough my dealer wouldn’t accept a deposit and I offered a grand as well , when they wouldn’t accept I knew then I wasn’t going to be first on the list despite bein the first in branch to “ express an interest “ as they put it.

Numerous phone calls and shop visits helped my cause, both to constantly remind them about my order and let them know I wasn’t giving up.

One visit , I was laughed at and told no chance by a junior member of staff , who I found out later was stood beside his manager at the time , my next visit I complained to my regular contact about the contempt that was shown that day , it’s just not on.

Got my order in for the new Batman , let’s see if that is dealt with in a more professional manner.

For the record every watch purchased from them I still own , not one has been moved on.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Boy I miss the days of giving Banks Lyon a call, and if out of stock etc put down a small deposit and wait 3-4 months for the watch (eventually including a SS Daytona after I had bought 4-5 watches)

Far too much BS nowadays and cant see things ever getting back to normal. Social Media / Instagram hype is just crazy

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    If you think that’s worth £4K Ric, you’re seriously behind the times.

Put it SC at that and the hoovers would have bought it before you’ve finished writing!

Apart from my G shock, my GMT is the only watch I wear these days too.
    Dave, I paid £4K for it because of its “Chequered” past noted here:- https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...with-a-history so that’s why I see it at 4k and don’t mind wearing it a lot. I’m fairly sure I’d get my money back should I wish to sell it due to Haywood’s help establishing provenance and the paperwork he acquired.

I’d only move it on if a ceramic GMT finally turns up, but that’s looking unlikely!!!!!
    Last edited by RJM25R; 24th March 2019 at 12:22.

Interesting read Ric and I see where you’re coming from. I still think it’ll be a bargain of you sell it at that price though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    I think ADs get more than what they let on to not upset customers. When I spoke to mine in maybe September last year they told me they’ve received a ‘few’ and this is just a small chain AD.
    I'm sure you are right. More acceptable message than laughing at you when you ask if you are near the top of the list!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    Yes , ordered in March and collected in October iirc , I do remember it was a couple of days after the price rise though, how cynical of me to think they held it back a few days.
    That’s good to hear. I’m not after a GMT myself but someone at work is. I’m actually waiting on a Datejust 41 but have been told 6 months even for that. They’ve got 20% deposit off me so at least I know it’s a proper list!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ManCityDG View Post
    That’s good to hear. I’m not after a GMT myself but someone at work is. I’m actually waiting on a Datejust 41 but have been told 6 months even for that. They’ve got 20% deposit off me so at least I know it’s a proper list!
    Blue dial?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    Blue dial?
    Not but the blue is lovely! I’ve ordered a rhodium dial (normal baton markers), fluted bezel, Jubilee bracelet

Craftsman
    Not but the blue is lovely! I’ve ordered a rhodium dial (normal baton markers), fluted bezel, Jubilee bracelet
    Nice choice! Looks like it’s not just the blue dials with 6 month waits

Craftsman

Misconception

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Sadly TTs are one the few Rolex sport models which are readily available due to their unpopularity. They are also hard to sell on and have poor residuals.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    I feel that some of the people buying into the Rolex brand are under the illusion that you never lose money. With most models, even a number of sports with the Milgauss, Explorer and Yachtmaster in mind, no one is going to give you what you purchased for it unless a few years has passed and the RRP has increased significantly.

If dealers are selling the GMTLN at around £7K, they will be offer about £4.5-5K to allow for a nice profit, privately you will get more if you feel confident on dealing with a private sale.

Doubt we will ever see a disclaimer at a Rolex AD warning buyers that the value of their Rolex may fall.

I really like the blue and gold, and some of their other two ones. I was playing with the idea of combining a two tone with a rubber b - has anyone else tried this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    I really like the blue and gold, and some of their other two ones. I was playing with the idea of combining a two tone with a rubber b - has anyone else tried this?

I’ve always loved that one

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

I’ve always loved that one
    very nice

Journeyman
    I think you will be really happy with it, I have always liked the blue and gold combo. It is a bit more dressy or Jazzy than say just the stainless steel so if you like a bit of colour day to day and also smart enough for evening wear but not over the top, or crossing into the world of jeweled pieces. Best of both worlds really, enjoy.....

Master
    Made exactly the same decision 18 months ago after an apparently futile attempt to get one of the new SS models. Had the chat with ADs but guessed I was wasting my time.

Don't wear the TT as much as others in the collection but had it on over the weekend and it made a nice change from the Pepsi.

Craftsman
    The 126711 Rootbeer I’ve been informed could be in my hands by 2022!

Craftsman
    Out of curiosity, has anyone on this forum actually managed to get a Pepsi from an AD in the last 6 months/a year?
    Yes. Pepsi in September followed by white faced Daytona last weekend, oh and SD43 last March. Don’t hate me - I promise there was no shenanagans, bribe or favour. I did also purchase a DJ28 for my wife during the year and have a Rolex serviced. All from the same AD.

None have been flipped and the dealer knows so. I pop in at least every month to say ‘Hi’.

I was in Birmingham yesterday and went to see Watchfinder as I have never been in one of their shops before.
    They had a ceramic Pepsi with no price on. I was quite interested in seeing the watch so popped in for a look. After a quick look on the iPad they found the price:

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Rolex/...44/item/129218

I asked to hold it and after showing my driving licence to prove who I was they got it out of the display. Thinking of the price quoted, I was underwhelmed with the less vibrant colours than my F serial Pepsi. I questioned the massive mark up to be told that is was that price as it is a very exclusive piece. There was a small scratch on the side near the lug which would polish out so certainly not mint in the shop.
    There is no way I would contemplate buying a watch at double the rrp just to satisfy someone else’s greed for cash.

So in my view, if you want the look and you have a GMT master II already, buy the older Jubilee bracelet with suitable end links. Don’t be disappointed that you never move up the “list” there are better watches out there.

Blog Entries
    You sound like a timewaster PeterT, there's one thing not being prepared to spend double RRP on a watch but why bother wasting the shop assistants time over it if that's the case ?

As I said, there was no price displayed on the watch before I went in to the shop so no decision could be made.
    I am not a time waster as I have a considerable Rolex sports collection. At the right price, I may have bought a brand new mint example.
    I think many people on here would like to have a close up view on this very piece.
    Regarding wasting the assistants time, before I went in they were stood around talking as nobody else was in the shop.

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure we all have a fair idea what the greys are charging for these, it's hardly a surprise.

Unfortunately, unless you manage to get from from an AD, £15k is the right price!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Unfortunately, unless you manage to get from from an AD, £15k is the right price!!!
    In that case, I’ll move on!

Can't afford a Rolex, doubt I'll ever be able to afford a Rolex but I can't believe the hoops people have to jump through to try and get one.

Must be nice being an AD and sitting on potentially thousands of pounds of deposits without a clue when or if watches will be allocated.

My boss (not into watches in fairness) is thinking about a Daytona and I had to try and explain why he's got no chance.

He figured he could walk into to Laings on a Saturday and walk out wearing it. The warranty card thing confused him too

Not trying to annoy anyone but I just can't see the appeal of dealing with the hassle involved.

I'd hope to be treated better if i'm trying to spend thousands on a watch, being laughed at is unbelievable

Blog Entries
    I think I may invest in a blue rubber strap (I haven’t picked my watch up yet)having looked more and more.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmer42 View Post
    Funny, I nearly bought a cap the other day.....draw the line at comfortable slip ons though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    have convinced myself that loafers are cool because the italians wear them

Really like that blue strap with the bluesy

Owl1
    Out of curiosity, has anyone on this forum actually managed to get a Pepsi from an AD in the last 6 months/a year?
    Yes I got a pepsi some months ago then a ss sub date weeks later , lucky I guess .

Journeyman
    I feel like two tones went out of fashion for a while but seem to be coming back as a few manufacturers are releasing a lot more two tone models recently. Looks nice anyway. Congrats

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Mine’s a TT and personally love it

https://i.imgur.com/TnXlAed.jpg

Master
    Wow that blue rubber strap really makes that watch! I'd never have thought I'd like a TT but it seems less 80s on that blue strap, I feel dirty to admit it, but I like it.

I'm agreeing with Neil's comment. It's a rare thing for me to say that a Rolex looks better on anything other than its bracelet but the Bluesy and that blue rubber strap are a perfect match. That's a winner once your watch lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Wow that blue rubber strap really makes that watch! I'd never have thought I'd like a TT but it seems less 80s on that blue strap, I feel dirty to admit it, but I like it.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    I had my name down and paid deposit last year for Pepsi in march with ad and was guaranteed to get one..only to be told 4 weeks ago they can't get one and will have to refund the deposit back to me..whole year of keeping my money and then refunding me..poor customer service
    If they do that to enough people they could make some interest.

Blog Entries
    Collected today.

Over the moon with it! Thanks again to Haywood Milton, was nice to meet you finally and have a chat!

A lovely Bluesy! With the GMT you've got all the colours and bases covered. Enjoy.

Blog Entries

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

Lovely

Personally have looked and handled this numerous times and would dearly love to buy but I really struggle to see the hands on my seadweller and this is no different so unfortunately next purchase will be a pilot watch or similar, just waiting for the new IWC Spitfire to arrive at AD for a closer look

Master
    After seeing this bluesy (is that the accepted nickname? I'd describe it as a TT smurf) on rubber my opinion had been so transformed I'm now looking at chrono24 for used examples!

Master
    ...and thankYOU, Rick. It looks good!

Wear it below your ulnar styloid like that, though, and I'll send the boys over to beat you repeatedly with a Panerai box.
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 9th May 2019 at 13:29.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    ...and thankYOU, Rick. It looks good!

Wear it below your ulna styloid like that, though, and I'll send the boys over to beat you repeatedly with a Panerai box.
    NO!!!

not the Panerai box........!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Sadly TTs are one the few Rolex sport models which are readily available due to their unpopularity. They are also hard to sell on and have poor residuals.
    You'd think that was the case reading TZ but they sell pretty much hours/days after they come in. Not much slower than the SS sports. IME.
    TT sports seem to be enjoying a resurgence at the moment.

The sunburst blue dial is gorgeous OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post

One visit , I was laughed at and told no chance by a junior member of staff , who I found out later was stood beside his manager at the time , my next visit I complained to my regular contact about the contempt that was shown that day , it’s just not on.
    I don't know why you would still shop there.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    I don't know why you would still shop there.

an apology was made , that was good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    TT sports seem to be enjoying a resurgence at the moment.
    Presumably the creation of new TT SD43 confirms that impression.

Journeyman
    Congrats OP that is an absolute classic watch, very iconic. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Well you say that but blue sub TTs are selling well, as is the TT CHNR and I expect the TT SD43 will too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk