closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Heritage Black Bay

Tudor Heritage Black Bay

I've been looking recently at the Tudor Heritage Black Bay (Red), price wise the older 'rose' watches tend to be advertised for sale at higher prices than the newer 'shield' watches. Now I understand that the earlier 'rose' watches used an ETA movement & are limited, to a certain extent, in numbers. The newer 'shield' watch uses an in house movement, is Chronometer Officially Certified & has a better steel bracelet.

Is the earlier ETA 'rose' watch worth the premium? Or am I missing something here?

Master
    Only you can decide that one but I'd pay extra for the ETA version as I hate those fake rivets on the new one!

I prefer the Dial on the ETA version as well, historic Tudor Rose and the curved text at the bottom, plus the case is thinner too I believe

Last edited by Vanguard; 20th March 2019 at 14:59.

Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    Only you can decide that one but I'd pay extra for the ETA version as I hate those fake rivets on the new one!
    Agree, not a lover of the rivets, I'll stick with the ETA model.

I also think there is something in the fact, there was no Black Bay before the Red ETA version - they will be a steady buy I should think, but the black bezel is the much rarer variant.

ETA hasn’t slowed the price increases of the Tudor Submariners either :)
    It's just a matter of time...

The general consensus (RolexForums) that the earlier oyster bracelet was prefered to the later fake rivet one. It certainly isn't inferior in build quality. There was red ETA BB on sales corner a few weeks back for £1750 so may be worth a pm if you're interested.
    Last edited by mylofitz; 21st March 2019 at 10:51.

Quote Originally Posted by mylofitz View Post
    The general consensus (RolexForums) that the earlier oyster bracelet was prefered to the later fake rivet one. It certainly isn't inferior in build quality. There was red ETA BB on sales corner a few weeks back for £1750 so may be worth a pm if you're interested.
    It is in fact back up for sale.

Master
    £1750 is a decent price in todays market - some of the jokers on C24 have then up at well over £2K

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I prefer the Dial on the ETA version as well, historic Tudor Rose and the curved text at the bottom, plus the case is thinner too I believe

DITTO.... bought one of these some time back and much prefer the ETA and dial ... in fact, couldn't stop looking at it when first wore it.

Quote Originally Posted by 97BlackC5 View Post
    I've been looking recently at the Tudor Heritage Black Bay (Red), price wise the older 'rose' watches tend to be advertised for sale at higher prices than the newer 'shield' watches. Now I understand that the earlier 'rose' watches used an ETA movement & are limited, to a certain extent, in numbers. The newer 'shield' watch uses an in house movement, is Chronometer Officially Certified & has a better steel bracelet.

Is the earlier ETA 'rose' watch worth the premium? Or am I missing something here?
    Presumably it’s because they are discontinued - also in my opinion aesthetically they got it so right with the eta - from more than two foot away you wouldn’t notice, but it’s all in the detail ! - also they are flat on the back so sit low on the wrist. Really unique piece.
    I have had one for a while and It’s a real treat for me - it’s very accurate timekeeper too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    There is safety in the ETA movement, its a solid and accurate workhorse that ANY watch maker can service easily and cheaply. the new in house movement may prove to be great, or may prove to have issues and will more likely need to go back to Rolex/tudor (or Breitling? I think its a partnership movement but could be wrong). That for me makes the older model a better option and i suspect for many others too