closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Brexit conundrum...

Craftsman

Brexit conundrum...

Serious question.

I'm taking my son to the Monaco Grand Prix on 26th May. We will be flying home from Nice airport after the race. Apart from the rip-off prices, I'm expecting restaurants and bars in Monaco and Nice will be ram packed at that time so I plan to pre-book airport lounge access and go straight to the airport to take advantage of the unlimited food and booze. Problem is, there's two classes of lounge: Schengen and non-Schengen travellers. As a UK resident and passport holder, what will I be on May 26th?
    Last edited by Motman; 20th March 2019 at 20:48.

Answer will come before 29 March regarding Brexit but in any case you’re non-Shengen anyway
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    Serious question.

I'm taking my son to the Monaco Grand Prix on 26th May. We will be flying home from Nice airport after the race. Apart from the rip-off prices, I'm expecting restaurants and bars in Monaco and Nice will be ram packed at that time so I plan to pre-book airport lounge access and go straight to the airport to take advantage of the unlimited food and booze. Problem is, there's two classes of lounge: Shengen and non-Shengen travellers. As a UK resident and passport holder, what will I be on May 26th?
    I don't understand - the UK is not in Schengen, regardless. If you're flying to the UK you're automatically going to be in a non-Schengen area.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    Serious question.

I'm taking my son to the Monaco Grand Prix on 26th May. We will be flying home from Nice airport after the race. Apart from the rip-off prices, I'm expecting restaurants and bars in Monaco and Nice will be ram packed at that time so I plan to pre-book airport lounge access and go straight to the airport to take advantage of the unlimited food and booze. Problem is, there's two classes of lounge: Shengen and non-Shengen travellers. As a UK resident and passport holder, what will I be on May 26th?
    As far as I know, the UK is not part of the Shengen area anyway, so your status would not change regardless of what happens with Brexit

Craftsman
    Lol. Thanks. Well, that shows how up I am on international affairs. For some reason, I thought we were in it. Getting it confused with the EU! From the reviews I’ve seen, the non-Shengen lounge is better.
    Last edited by Motman; 20th March 2019 at 20:49.

On related note, does anyone know if I can buy an All-inclusive Monaco Grand Prix tour or recommend a budget hostel with all you can eat buffet?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    On related note, does anyone know if I can buy an All-inclusive Monaco Grand Prix tour or recommend a budget hostel with all you can eat buffet?
    LMGTFY:

https://www.bookf1.com/f1-monaco/hos...ip-tickets.htm
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.