closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ernest Jones credit voucher

Ernest Jones credit voucher

My BIL has received a Ernest Jones voucher and has offered it to me if I am interested as there is nothing he wants from the store. The voucher is for the value of £5000 and he will let me have it for £4000.
    I have looked on the EJ website and there is nothing I fancy purchasing either so was thinking if I bought it I could offer it on SC for what I paid as it may help someone save some money.
    I have looked at SC rules and cannot work out if this is allowed or not.
    Can anyone advise?
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 19th March 2019 at 14:18.

Master
    Im stuck with 16 grand of credit for Ernest Jones, not a single thing I want from them.

The jewellery is all overpriced junk and they only do Omega that's worth buying.

I was considering a Tudor BB58 and have located a few but I’m then left with a load of credit I don’t need.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 19th March 2019 at 14:53.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Im stuck with 16 grand of credit for Ernest Jones, not a single thing I want from them.

The jewellery is all overpriced junk and they only do Omega that's worth buying.
    Genuine question - how does such a situation come about?

Master
    I had a break in last month, they stole my watch and my wife's jewellery box.

Journeyman
    I had a break in last month, they stole my watch and my wife's jewellery box.
    Ah that's very unpleasant. Sorry to hear. I'd forgotten that many watch insurance policies pay out vouchers.

Master
    I thought you could insist on a cheque from an insurance claim rather than being forced to take vouchers in lieu?

If the insurer is replacing like for like and EJ don’t do the watch you had stolen why on earth would you accept it?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    I thought you could insist on a cheque from an insurance claim rather than being forced to take vouchers in lieu?
    You can but the offer you a fraction of the value

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post

I have my more valuable items insured for specific values so I would expect the insurers to pay out on that basis.
    Last edited by JeremyO; 19th March 2019 at 19:49.

Longine,tag,Chanel,omega,breitling,I’m sure there’s something worth having

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post

They can and do try that but if you refer it to the Ombudsmans they can't insist on vouchers and have to make a payment to the same amount as the voucher offer in cash. They get a massive discount on Signet cards, at a guess circa 30% so of course they aren't keen to offer cash but they have to if you dig your heels in.
    Last edited by Padders; 19th March 2019 at 20:01.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    They can and do try that but if you refer it to the Ombudsmans they can't payout on that basis and have to make a payment to the same amount as the voucher offer in cash. They get a massive discount on Signet cards, at a guess circa 30% so of course they aren't keen to offer cash but they have to if you dig your heels in.
    Thanks, that was my understanding.

Craftsman
    They can and do try that but if you refer it to the Ombudsmans they can't insist on vouchers and have to make a payment to the same amount as the voucher offer in cash. They get a massive discount on Signet cards, at a guess circa 30% so of course they aren't keen to offer cash but they have to if you dig your heels in.
    It’s getting harder and harder to get the cash, I accept LMG vouchers and speak to
    many many people that try and give up

You have to be prepared to spend a lot of time and effort (sometimes months), although I must admit just recently I know of a couple of people that got decent cash settlements but that is definitely not the norm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    If you want the cash offer its 35% less.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Master
    Thats not correct. They can insist on the signet card if all items can be replaced in a signet partner.

If say you lost a Patek then you could reject as no signet partner would do one and they would have to pay you out full cash price.

But in my case, jewellery ( bracelets, necklaces, Krugerrands, Speedmaster etc went ) and they half gave me a signet card. )

But Ernest Jones stuff is overpriced shite, so I feel like I'm being taken for a ride.

Master
    Thats not correct. They can insist on the signet card if all items can be replaced in a signet partner.

If say you lost a Patek then you could reject as no signet partner would do one and they would have to pay you out full cash price.

But in my case, jewellery ( bracelets, necklaces, Krugerrands, Speedmaster etc went ) and they half gave me a signet card. )

But Ernest Jones stuff is overpriced shite, so I feel like I'm being taken for a ride.

Did you take your case to the Insurance Ombudsman?

Master
    No you can't take it to them, you can only take it to them for items that Ernest Jones wouldn't have if they are trying to Palm you off on a signet