closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wood flooring advice please

Master
    solid wood for me, we went with oak parquet.

and put it over under floor heating, guess what, it still works

Quote Originally Posted by Comet View Post
    This!
    Kahrs has been around for years and I've yet to find a superior product for engineered board
    Kahrs was the brand we used - top quality.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Another vote for Kahrs here, also bought from the flooringsupplies store.
    Very helpful staff and decent prices.
    I laid it myself (floating over underlay and concrete) you need to self level before if your surface is not absolutely flat.

Interesting thread. Can anyone give an idea of the ballpark cost for professional installation of a reasonable quality engineered wood floor? Not something I'm capable of taking on myself.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    Interesting thread. Can anyone give an idea of the ballpark cost for professional installation of a reasonable quality engineered wood floor? Not something I'm capable of taking on myself.
    IIRC the builder who did our extension charged £375 to lay 33m2 of engineered wood floor.

So, that’s around £11-12/m2 and that included ripping out and replacing the skirting board so no beading is required.

The price is for Kingston, Surrey. Imagine it could be cheaper up north or out west.

Just to update the thread and thank everyone for the replies.

I thought I would get the Kahrs Maple. Just got to find a fitter!

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    Just got to find a fitter!
    Try checkatrade.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    IIRC the builder who did our extension charged £375 to lay 33m2 of engineered wood floor.

So, that’s around £11-12/m2 and that included ripping out and replacing the skirting board so no beading is required.

The price is for Kingston, Surrey. Imagine it could be cheaper up north or out west.
    That’s cheap anywhere in the Uk ,I was getting £10psm 15 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thread revival

Just starting this up again as my better half and are in the process of replacing our bungalow flooring throughout (not bathroom) and want to use LVT. We’ve seen a very nice Moduleo design but have since read very poor reviews about the company! Does anyone have any experience they can share?

Karndean and Amtico are alternatives but we’ve not yet found a suitable design.

We’re replacing skirting so will leave an expansion gap.

Any feedback appreciated…

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    We used this...very good and we are happy. You basically stick it down.

https://www.sierralvt.co.uk/SIERRA-BROCHURE.PDF

Sent from my SM-T510 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Lancaster / Stavanger / Fishguard, Norway / UK
    I used Karndean Korlok for a bathroom and it was fantastic. Easy to fit myself and a nice finish and feels good underfoot. I would use it again in a heartbeat. Not at all cheap though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I had Karndean in my old flat -did both the kitchen (tile effect)and living room (wood effect) with it. I was happy with the result and it held up well.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Master
    We had Amtico laid in the kitchen. It looks great and feels great underfoot but too early to tell how durable it will be. We chose a complex pattern and I was very impressed with the diligence and patience of the tilers.

Master
    Aside from the kitchen & bathrooms, every room in the house is karndean textured wood effect. Been down for about 9yrs now and looks as good as it did day 1.

All we do is mop it weekly, this works better than any of the machine cleaners & we have tried most of the usual suspects.

Both sets of parents and my sister have put Karndean in their homes having seen how durable our floors have been.

We swiffer it daily though, as it’s amazing how much dust / fluff seems to appear from 2 people and a cat! More so in summer when the windows are all open in the summer.

I work for a wood flooring company, we don't sell LVT but I have a few contacts that might be able to give you a decent price. PM me with what you have found and I can check with them for a price if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2500 View Post
    Thread revival

Just starting this up again as my better half and are in the process of replacing our bungalow flooring throughout (not bathroom) and want to use LVT. We’ve seen a very nice Moduleo design but have since read very poor reviews about the company! Does anyone have any experience they can share?

Karndean and Amtico are alternatives but we’ve not yet found a suitable design.

We’re replacing skirting so will leave an expansion gap.

Any feedback appreciated…

We had Moduleo put down in our extension and hallway about 3 years ago and it's been great. Looks good, hard wearing, even survived a water leak from one of the rads soon after it was laid down. The fitter provided it so we never dealt with Moduleo direct. I do remember him saying that it's quite picky over the moisture levels... ours was laid on a pretty deep screed (with whatever other layers the flooring required) and he wouldn't consider laying it until the readings for the screed said it was dry.

Craftsman
    Thank you everyone for your replies, all very helpful.

It’s good to hear about the Moduleo one as we’ve seen some we really like but I’ve read not so good reviews on TrustPilot and from other searches…