closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 114060 waiting list

Master

114060 waiting list

I have a significant birthday next year, and I'm heading towards a Rolex.

I fancy no-date Sub, and the new price is quite reasonable, it seems. Except that the supply issues mean that you can't get one at that price...

I know that some models are astonishingly hard to get hold of, but is the 114060 one of them?

My birthday isn't until next September, so 18 months away.

So two questions:

1) If I put my name on the waiting list now, is it likely that will one turn up before then? Any tips for maximising the chances that I will get one?
    2) If circumstances change, and we are no longer in a position to buy at that time, are there any consequences for turning it down?

Many thanks in advance!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

You might be lucky.. the 114060 isnt Joe publics favourite because it lacks the date.. which is fortunate.

A month wait.

Master
    Before committing I would do my best to try one on, the case size doesn’t agree with everyone, me included, I think mine lasted about 3 months before I got rid.

Craftsman
    Well I’ve had my name down for one at Fraser Hart Kingston since August last year, I’ve just spoken with them and they’re quoting 2yrs still!, I’m a local and live about 20min away from them and have previous buying history and a genuine reason for the purchase a wedding in September. I have my name down at another dealer thanks to a very generous TZer so fingers crossed I won’t have to postpone the wedding.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

114060 waiting list

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    Well I’ve had my name down for one at Fraser Hart Kingston since August last year, I’ve just spoken with them and they’re quoting 2yrs still!, I’m a local and live about 20min away from them and have previous buying history and a genuine reason for the purchase a wedding in September. I have my name down at another dealer thanks to a very generous TZer so fingers crossed I won’t have to postpone the wedding.....

I am sure there was one in the window a few months ago.

Edit: It was an Explorer. Apologies.
    Last edited by Toshk; 18th March 2019 at 15:35.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    I am sure there was one in the window a few months ago.

Edit: It was an Explorer. Apologies.
    I was going to say maybe Kingston Jamaica

I was going to say maybe Kingston Jamaica

Haha. Sorry memory not the best lately.

Master
    Thanks all. Might get my name down, then.

I live in SE London/ Kent borders. Any particular ADs that are better in London/ Kent/ Surrey?

And I assume if I get the call too early, I can pass on the watch?

And I will see if I can get my hands on one to try it. I've had a couple of 16570s and tried on 5-digit subs and GMTs, but not the new, bigger case.

Blog Entries
    Don’t think these are too difficult to get hold of. And can’t see anything bad for not buying if it does turn up and you can’t buy.

Mine arrived within 6 weeks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Master
    Get your name down up North and its a 4-6 week wait.

Journeyman
    As someone above - my local AD also quoted 2 years. Have been on the list for around 6 months now, if memory serves, and not heard anything.

Don't doubt that the wait would be quite a bit shorter in certain parts of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    I have a significant birthday next year, and I'm heading towards a Rolex.

I fancy no-date Sub, and the new price is quite reasonable, it seems. Except that the supply issues mean that you can't get one at that price...

I know that some models are astonishingly hard to get hold of, but is the 114060 one of them?

My birthday isn't until next September, so 18 months away.

So two questions:

1) If I put my name on the waiting list now, is it likely that will one turn up before then? Any tips for maximising the chances that I will get one?
    2) If circumstances change, and we are no longer in a position to buy at that time, are there any consequences for turning it down?

Many thanks in advance!
    It’s a lovely watch and I recently got mine. I had about a 6 month wait.

My advice is don’t turn one down if you get the call as you lose credibility with the AD and they can think you’re a time waster. You may not get a call the second time. I always keep a credit card with a decent limit which I can then use to purchase any watch and switch to a 0% card - means you never have to turn it down.

Just my way of looking at things.

Craftsman
    I’m going to try and find a dealer in the outer Hebrides then they’ll tell me, “we’re terribly sorry sir we only supply our local clients” lol.

I’m going to try and find a dealer in the outer Hebrides then they’ll tell me, “we’re terribly sorry sir we only supply our local clients” lol.

Haha Scottish ADs are mostly in the major cities and have long lists too.
    If anything it’s even tougher as there are now only about 6 ADs in the whole of Scotland

I know Harrods don't keep waiting lists so maybe just call them every other day.

I’ve been waiting since last August, and was quoted a year at the time by the AD in Manchester.

Ask a dozen different people and you will get a dozen different answers on waiting times.

It will be dependent on where you live and whether the AD even bothers with a list.

I can recall two recent occasions of people (without any purchasing history and not on “the list”) visiting an AD and walking out with a 114060. On both occasions the watches were not on display.
    Last edited by gbn13; 18th March 2019 at 21:45.

Master
    I don’t believe there are any genuine ‘lists’. The more honest ADs will admit that. They’l sell these watches to whoever they wish. No customers have any ‘rights’ in this matter. Best not to worry, it’s just a watch. You’l get one in the end.
    Last edited by paskinner; 18th March 2019 at 21:28.

There was one at Heathrow on Monday and if you were flying outside the EU it would have been VAT off as well. They also had the 2 tone CHNO GMT as well

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    There was one at Heathrow on Monday and if you were flying outside the EU it would have been VAT off as well. They also had the 2 tone CHNO GMT as well

I’m flying out of Gatwick on Monday . I think I’ll make sure I’ve enough room on my debt card just in case they have something . You ever know.

The sub date I bought in Cambridge AD came form being on th else for 2 , maybe 3 months max .

Master
    Is there a Rolex AD at Gatwick now?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Is there a Rolex AD at Gatwick now?
    If I’m honest I don’t know , I just presumed tha there would be.

I’m guessing not reading your question.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ptjoe View Post
    If I’m honest I don’t know , I just presumed tha there would be.

I’m guessing not reading your question.
    There isn’t one in either north or south terminal as far as I’m aware, annoying as I’m always there

Craftsman
    There isn’t one in either north or south terminal as far as I’m aware, annoying as I’m always there
    Yes but plenty opportunity for cheap Omega if you are flying outside EU.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji053 View Post
    Yes but plenty opportunity for cheap Omega if you are flying outside EU.
    Pretty much always European flights , when I Next go outside the EU might have a look at a dark side of the moon

Craftsman

Well the wife will be pleased , less chance of me spending all the holiday money before leaving the country !!!

Master
    you would have to declare it on return to the UK anyway, paying the import duty and VAT and wiping out any saving

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    you would have to declare it on return to the UK anyway, paying the import duty and VAT and wiping out any saving
    Interesting, as previously you could buy any brand even if you were just flying within the EU and it would be reduced to the equivalent of VAT off, but wasn’t actually just VAT free because you were leaving a VAT regime. I’m not sure what the current position is on airport Rolex / Tudor etc. But Omega is still just reduced regardless of where you are travelling to.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Interesting, as previously you could buy any brand even if you were just flying within the EU and it would be reduced to the equivalent of VAT off, but wasn’t actually just VAT free because you were leaving a VAT regime. I’m not sure what the current position is on airport Rolex / Tudor etc. But Omega is still just reduced regardless of where you are travelling to.
    Rolex and Tudor is VAT free so should be declared upon return. Omega etc is discounted by the amount of VAT so already has VAT paid and therefore is exempt from further VAT

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

Which terminal was it?

Regards,

Km9

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'm certain there will be an updated Submariner announced tomorrow. Which would mean many on those AD waiting lists might not want the outgoing 114060 and would prefer the newer model - this could speed things up if it's the current model you really want.

Craftsman

114060 waiting list

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I'm certain there will be an updated Submariner announced tomorrow. Which would mean many on those AD waiting lists might not want the outgoing 114060 and would prefer the newer model - this could speed things up if it's the current model you really want.
    Or goes the other way and people don’t like the new version for whatever reason. Or people see a perceived value in owning the last production runs of the outgoing model and hide them away in a safe lol

Last edited by Pennywise; 19th March 2019 at 14:05.

Yes perhaps the updated 70 hour movement in the gold and maybe the TT models. However wouldn’t it be a departure from the way Rolex normally operate to stick the new movement in the SS models at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    Yes perhaps the updated 70 hour movement in the gold and maybe the TT models. However wouldn’t it be a departure from the way Rolex normally operate to stick the new movement in the SS models at the same time?
    Possibly, I can't remember what they did when they changed the movement from 14060 to 14060m. 114060m maybe?

Master
    Possibly, I can't remember what they did when they changed the movement from 14060 to 14060m. 114060m maybe?
    Last of the 14060M’s had Parachrome Blu hairsprings. Mine is a 2011 , not sure if the early M’s had them. Rolex didnt make much fuss about it, the parachrom spring sort of crept in. Maybe Rolex used it as a feature to move old case models before the maxi came along

Remember in 2011 you could genuinely walk into an AD try out a sub and soften the list price...........OH happy days!

Master
    Like all ad Harrods don't do a list, but you can express an interest... They make no promises. I expressed an interest in a sub at the end of January, no previous purchase history with them, no call to date. I may never get one, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Last of the 14060M’s had Parachrome Blu hairsprings. Mine is a 2011 , not sure if the early M’s had them. Rolex didnt make much fuss about it, the parachrom spring sort of crept in. Maybe Rolex used it as a feature to move old case models before the maxi came along

Remember in 2011 you could genuinely walk into an AD try out a sub and soften the list price...........OH happy days!
    Good times indeed. I got £300 off the list price of the 14060m back in 2011.

Or goes the other way and people don’t like the new version for whatever reason. Or people see a perceived value in owning the last production runs of the outgoing model and hide them away in a safe lol

Blimey what happened to just buying a watch and enjoying wearing it!

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I know Harrods don't keep waiting lists so maybe just call them every other day.
    Hmm, really? That's not the feeling I am getting when I visit them. They nearly automatically asks for your Harrods card.
    Last edited by greenalien; 24th March 2019 at 17:28.