closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mondaine watches

Master

Mondaine watches

I've just bought a mondaine evo 2 big date watch as I'm going to have a beach hol this year and don't want to take my ceramic sub, I've been wanting one for a while and like the fact they have an iconic look for the price of a boss or Armani watch.
    Anybody else on here like them ?

Blog Entries
    Very classic easy to read watch…

Nothing fancy in terms of build or movement, but, they don’t have to be

My wife wears a 36mm one and loves it…

We also have the kitchen wall clock…. Iconic design…

Great watches, I have the stop2go which is hypnotic for the day and the tritium tubed 30303 for night ops lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

they are never going to be the height of horology . but for the money they are distinctive, easy to read at a glance (always a good thing at my age :-)) I do like mine

My late mother wore one so they'll always have a special place for me. My brother bought one to remember her daily.

I have one, like it’s legibility and comfort

I really like the dial design and Ive had a few of their quartz pocket watches.

The 36mm slim case quartz model looks good apart from the lugs which are too square / chunky for my taste. Something a little more elegant would make it quite tempting.

They've got FFS on the dial, what's not to like?

The LE Gottardo Stop2Go has a bit of driver's cab door from an Ae6/6 loco without paying Bremont prices for the contrivance, and the dual time model is a proper dual time with independent movements so it works in those odd places without a full hour GMT offset. The standard Stop2Go is meaningful to anyone who has spent much time on the Swiss Railways network, mimicking the iconic perfectly synchronised platform clocks with the distinct seconds hand pause at the top of each minute.

So unlike Bob Geldof, I like 'em.

For anyone that hasn't seen the latest stop2go:

Journeyman
    The stop and go looks very interesting I think the lume on the back of the hands is a brilliant feature

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    ...the lume on the back of the hands is a brilliant feature
    I didn't know about that, it's an interesting idea indeed. It's a shame they didn't use tritium tubes though. It's just superluminova, so I can't imagine it's ever going to be at full charge unless held in goes directly from extremely bright conditions into total darkness. A fully lumed dial would be more practical.

A stop2go is already on my wants list though, so it's just another cool (if probably somewhat pointless) feature to add to my list of reasons why I should get one.

Some info:

https://www.mondaine.com/watches/series/backlight.html

And from their press release:
    the light, which the coated luminous (Superluminova) back side of the hands releases in the dark, is reflected onto the white dial, the light from the dial is reflected back to the luminous foil on the back side of the hands, continuously recharging the luminous material, creating a kind of perpetual glow.
    Hmm, I'm not sure that's entirely consistent with the laws of thermodynamics, but it's in a press release, so it must be true.

I’ll chime in as a fan. Iconic clean design and the stop2go is certainly a unique and interesting movement. Always enjoy seeing it on a train platform just sadly it’s not on my wrist.

Apprentice
    I bought a stop to go last week , attracted by the iconic , clean design . However upon receipt I found the watch a little large , poorly finished and worse the hands didn’t align properly . Quite a distraction within the concept of Swiss precision ! A shame , but back it went .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with Dean, I really like the clean design and the association with the Swiss railway system. We have good friends in Switzerland and have spent some wonderful days on train trips through the mountains. I just couldn't see one on my wrist though. Not sure when I would ever wear one.