closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Anyone had a repair or service by Zenith

  1. #1
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    150

    Anyone had a repair or service by Zenith

    I feel as if my watch has been away ages to get a warranty repair by Zenith. I called the AD today who said they had no idea how long these things take. My Defy El Primero 21 had an issue where the crown wouldnít engage properly after setting the time.

    Anyone on here had repair work done by Zenith or even a service to give me an idea on what to expect? The AD will contact their head office during the week to see if they can chase up any info. Itís been away the same length of time that I got to use it.

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,065
    Yeah, took months.

  3. #3
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Yeah, took months.
    Think Iím around 6 or 7 weeks so far. Arrgghhhh

  4. #4
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Think Iím around 6 or 7 weeks so far. Arrgghhhh
    I donít know why they make it so slow, in the end I bought another watch whilst I was waiting and the Zenith went in the box on its return.

    Last time I used STS and next time will go to Simon Freese

  5. #5
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    150
    Yeah this was a warranty claim so had to go through the AD who sent it to London then it went to Italy. I ended up buying a new Omega Seamaster to ease the pain which has helped but I need my Zenith back.

  6. #6
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    3,382
    There's only one reason I can see for this: lack of workers v servicing demands. I doubt they're waiting on parts.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sussex, UK
    Posts
    3,873
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Yeah this was a warranty claim so had to go through the AD who sent it to London then it went to Italy. I ended up buying a new Omega Seamaster to ease the pain which has helped but I need my Zenith back.
    Why would it need to go to Italy? Zenith has a service unit here, and the head office in in Switzerland. Italy seems irrelevant. Puzzling.

  8. #8
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Why would it need to go to Italy? Zenith has a service unit here, and the head office in in Switzerland. Italy seems irrelevant. Puzzling.
    No idea, I just checked emails, voicemails and text but canít see anything to double check. Maybe it was a phone call I got and may have got it wrong so it may have been Switzerland after all. I will ask when they get back to me later this week.

  9. #9
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Why would it need to go to Italy? Zenith has a service unit here, and the head office in in Switzerland. Italy seems irrelevant. Puzzling.

    I believe it was sent to London somewhere and then onto whatever destination. Where is the Zenith service center in the UK?

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ashton-under-Lyne
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    I believe it was sent to London somewhere and then onto whatever destination. Where is the Zenith service center in the UK?
    LVMH (of which Zenith is a part) service centre is in Worsley, Manchester.

    https://www.zenith-watches.com/en_en...ry-uk-ltd.html

  11. #11
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    CIRENCESTER, UK
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by RickS View Post
    LVMH (of which Zenith is a part) service centre is in Worsley, Manchester.

    https://www.zenith-watches.com/en_en...ry-uk-ltd.html
    I have visited this service centre in person as I have family quite nearby. You can see rows of watch repair bods in white jackets through a window behind reception, heads down in a laboratory type environment with bright light. As my watch was vintage they had to send it off to Switzerland, no mention of Italy. They are very helpful and polite, it is in a slightly run down, light industrial area of town. Cheap rents, business rates etc I suppose.

  12. #12
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    I feel as if my watch has been away ages to get a warranty repair by Zenith. I called the AD today who said they had no idea how long these things take. My Defy El Primero 21 had an issue where the crown wouldnít engage properly after setting the time.

    Anyone on here had repair work done by Zenith or even a service to give me an idea on what to expect? The AD will contact their head office during the week to see if they can chase up any info. Itís been away the same length of time that I got to use it.
    In fairness the Defy 21 movement is seriously high end horology...I canít imagine the average watch maker at Zenith will be allowed anywhere near it. The tolerances and parts are so high end in order to deal 360,000vph that it may just be a tighter bottle neck than if you sent them back a regular El Primero, or whatever.


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

  13. #13
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    150
    Will need to wait a bit longer by the looks of things. Suppose I can struggle by for now. Lol.. Already bought the Omega and might need to get myself an H Moser Pioneer to make me feel better.lol Itís my next watch I think so might bite the bullet sooner rather than later...

  14. #14
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    150
    Just had a voice mail back from the AD today, they said the watch is in Switzerland and due for completion at the end of March, so it should be at the shop by mid April for me to pick up.

  15. #15
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    77
    10 out of 10 for your patience.. A 10k watch has a serious enough fault after a couple of months, and then you've to wait another few months for the repair and the return...
    From a service perspective, for me this should be a straight swap, as soon as the fault is confirmed... or maybe i'm just too "black and white"

    Amazing watch... on my list (which is getting longer and longer :))

  16. #16
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sussex, UK
    Posts
    3,873
    I know you need patience, but itís all too Ďnormalí with luxury watches. The good thing is that the watch has gone back to Switzerland, where they made it. Best thing. And once itís back, youíl forget the wait.

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. OdiŠxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    6,979
    Blog Entries
    18
    If you need the name of the service manager and contact details for LVMH UK) - drop me a pm. I have had good service from Zenith. I tend to cut out ADs for any warranty work - just deal direct.

    Martyn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •