closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone had a repair or service by Zenith

Craftsman

Anyone had a repair or service by Zenith

I feel as if my watch has been away ages to get a warranty repair by Zenith. I called the AD today who said they had no idea how long these things take. My Defy El Primero 21 had an issue where the crown wouldn’t engage properly after setting the time.

Anyone on here had repair work done by Zenith or even a service to give me an idea on what to expect? The AD will contact their head office during the week to see if they can chase up any info. It’s been away the same length of time that I got to use it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, took months.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Yeah, took months.
    Think I’m around 6 or 7 weeks so far. Arrgghhhh

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Think I’m around 6 or 7 weeks so far. Arrgghhhh
    I don’t know why they make it so slow, in the end I bought another watch whilst I was waiting and the Zenith went in the box on its return.

Last time I used STS and next time will go to Simon Freese

Craftsman
    Yeah this was a warranty claim so had to go through the AD who sent it to London then it went to Italy. I ended up buying a new Omega Seamaster to ease the pain which has helped but I need my Zenith back.

Master
    There's only one reason I can see for this: lack of workers v servicing demands. I doubt they're waiting on parts.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Yeah this was a warranty claim so had to go through the AD who sent it to London then it went to Italy. I ended up buying a new Omega Seamaster to ease the pain which has helped but I need my Zenith back.
    Why would it need to go to Italy? Zenith has a service unit here, and the head office in in Switzerland. Italy seems irrelevant. Puzzling.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Why would it need to go to Italy? Zenith has a service unit here, and the head office in in Switzerland. Italy seems irrelevant. Puzzling.
    No idea, I just checked emails, voicemails and text but can’t see anything to double check. Maybe it was a phone call I got and may have got it wrong so it may have been Switzerland after all. I will ask when they get back to me later this week.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post

I believe it was sent to London somewhere and then onto whatever destination. Where is the Zenith service center in the UK?

Craftsman
    I believe it was sent to London somewhere and then onto whatever destination. Where is the Zenith service center in the UK?
    LVMH (of which Zenith is a part) service centre is in Worsley, Manchester.

https://www.zenith-watches.com/en_en...ry-uk-ltd.html

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RickS View Post
    LVMH (of which Zenith is a part) service centre is in Worsley, Manchester.

https://www.zenith-watches.com/en_en...ry-uk-ltd.html
    I have visited this service centre in person as I have family quite nearby. You can see rows of watch repair bods in white jackets through a window behind reception, heads down in a laboratory type environment with bright light. As my watch was vintage they had to send it off to Switzerland, no mention of Italy. They are very helpful and polite, it is in a slightly run down, light industrial area of town. Cheap rents, business rates etc I suppose.

Journeyman
    I feel as if my watch has been away ages to get a warranty repair by Zenith. I called the AD today who said they had no idea how long these things take. My Defy El Primero 21 had an issue where the crown wouldn’t engage properly after setting the time.

Anyone on here had repair work done by Zenith or even a service to give me an idea on what to expect? The AD will contact their head office during the week to see if they can chase up any info. It’s been away the same length of time that I got to use it.
    In fairness the Defy 21 movement is seriously high end horology...I can’t imagine the average watch maker at Zenith will be allowed anywhere near it. The tolerances and parts are so high end in order to deal 360,000vph that it may just be a tighter bottle neck than if you sent them back a regular El Primero, or whatever.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Will need to wait a bit longer by the looks of things. Suppose I can struggle by for now. Lol.. Already bought the Omega and might need to get myself an H Moser Pioneer to make me feel better.lol It’s my next watch I think so might bite the bullet sooner rather than later...

Craftsman
    Just had a voice mail back from the AD today, they said the watch is in Switzerland and due for completion at the end of March, so it should be at the shop by mid April for me to pick up.

Craftsman
    10 out of 10 for your patience.. A 10k watch has a serious enough fault after a couple of months, and then you've to wait another few months for the repair and the return...
    From a service perspective, for me this should be a straight swap, as soon as the fault is confirmed... or maybe i'm just too "black and white"

Amazing watch... on my list (which is getting longer and longer :))

Master
    I know you need patience, but it’s all too ‘normal’ with luxury watches. The good thing is that the watch has gone back to Switzerland, where they made it. Best thing. And once it’s back, you’l forget the wait.

Blog Entries
    If you need the name of the service manager and contact details for LVMH UK) - drop me a pm. I have had good service from Zenith. I tend to cut out ADs for any warranty work - just deal direct.

Martyn.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    If you need the name of the service manager and contact details for LVMH UK) - drop me a pm. I have had good service from Zenith. I tend to cut out ADs for any warranty work - just deal direct.

Martyn.
    - - - Updated - - -

Thanks Martyn but im hoping i dont need to go through any more issues with the Zenith, if i do i will contact you. Cheers.

Grand Master
    Can’t understand why a Zenith that needs attention under warranty has to go back to Switzerland, the UK service centre should be able to sort it.

LVMH have a far more helpful approach to supplying parts than the rest if the watch brands, they won’t supply parts to anyone but they are happy to supply bona fide repairers on a trade basis.

I recently bought some bits for my El Primero with no hassle. However, if parts aren’t in stock they have to be ordered from Switzerland and there can be delays of 2-3 weeks. Only drawback is price, some TAG and Zenith parts are expensive but at least they’re obtainable.

Craftsman
    Well it’s back from Switzerland and I’m picking it up tomorrow morning from the AD. No mention on the email saying what was wrong with it but I will ask. It’s like getting a new watch again.