closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aspinal any fans?

Hybrid View

Master

Aspinal any fans?

Any fans on here of aspinal?

I’ve been invited to a trade sale but haven’t used there goods before so keen to hear any feedback from anyone with there products as a comparison to mulberry

Thanks in advance

Rob

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post

I’ve been invited to a trade sale but haven’t used there goods before so keen to hear any feedback from anyone with there products as a comparison to mulberry

Thanks in advance

Rob
    Better quality goods at much more reasonable price point.

I could be biased however. (Previous employee !!)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post

Thanks in advance

Rob
    next week? I prefer smythson to aspinal both for the brand and quality.

Master
    I like Aspinal, and have a couple of wallets / card cases and a passport cover. The store in Selfridges is good, plus I have also bought from their eBay shop.

The wife got me a wallet from them. Is decent quality and has stood up well to daily use over the last 4 years. Only downside I'd say is not great at holding notes above a tenner.

- - - Updated - - -

The wife got me a wallet from them. Is decent quality and has stood up well to daily use over the last 4 years. Only downside I'd say is not great at holding notes above a tenner.

In my experience very good quality for the money.
    I’ve got numerous items from Aspinal, Mulberry, Smythson and Swaine Adeney.
    Mulberry is generally very nicely made (especially their earlier stuff), Smythson is ok but hugely over rated for the price and certainly no better than Aspinal which I find to be well made.
    Swaine Adeney on the other hand blows them all away. Hand finished bridle leather is so much nicer than the coated calf leather that is used by Aspinal and Smythson.

Master
    I have a card holder made by them.

It's good but I have some leather products made by smaller artisans which are better

Wingback
    Gas Gas Bones

ETSY or whatever it's called is an interesting source.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

They produce some really stylish hip flask with cup designs.

I've admired them in the Manchester W store, but not been able to justify close to £100 on another flask.

Are you open to taking orders on the day :)

I have a card holder, personalised hip flask and purchased a personalised passport cover for my cousins birthday. Been very happy with them all.

Master
    Thanks for the feedback I’ll take a look then as I ca. Get up to 69% off so sounds like a no brainier

Craftsman
    My wife is bigstyle into bags and purses e.t.c and spends a small fortune (none of which I complain about as I get to do the same with watches). She introduced me to the brand and I have a great Aspinall weekend tote and a lovely daybook/notebook cover.

The stuff seems better made as Mulberry (she's got few of their bags) and I don't feel ripped off having bought my tote. It's quite a nice feeling seeing the leather start to age as I use it. Think it was just over 600 quid, but feels like it will last me years.

Also doesn't appear to have the 'old lady' feel of Mulberry as a brand. I've seen way too many monstrosities carrying their gear round Leeds in Mulberry bags!

I have my eye on an Aspinal wallet and card carrier once my present wallet gives up the ghost.

Master
    I agree with the feedback below, I picked up a few pieces at the sale and would agree that on first impressions it’s every bit as good as mulberry but just more under the radar and not as commonly recognised, so much so I’ve decided to list a couple of my mulberry’s on Sc and will keep the Aspinal.

That said mulberry normally flies out and I’ve had very little interest in the Aspinal so maybe it’s the lack of awareness as I say very impressed with what o got for myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I’ve recently bought an Aspinal wallet, first impressions are that they appear well made and are reasonable value for money. I couldn’t contemplate paying Mont Blanc money for a wallet!

I expect it to last me a few years too before needing replacement.

It will take £20 notes (just) but a new smaller version of this note is due out next year anyway.

All in all I’m very happy with it.