closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BB 58 strap change and a question...

Master

BB 58 strap change and a question...

The nato is now on for summer duty and I love it. Incredibly well made and even the steel keepers have bevelled edges to them and a mixture of polished and brushed finish. Lovely bit of kit. Only question is in the image with the red mark up, is the strap supposed to go under the bucket and the two keepers or just the two keepers? It is bloody hard to get it under the buckle!

Stu

I would assume it goes under the buckle and then the keepers? But if it doesn't go, it doesn't go!

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Whilst I don’t have the Tudor NATO for my BB58, I have never managed to get the strap under the buckle of the Tudor NATO on my BBN.......

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    Whilst I don’t have the Tudor NATO for my BB58, I have never managed to get the strap under the buckle of the Tudor NATO on my BBN.......
    I can do it but it’s a bloody hassle! Looks better though so will do it going forward and maybe it will get easier.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What happens if you lift the buckle, up and away from your wrist? Does that offer up enough space to thread through strap?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    What happens if you lift the buckle, up and away from your wrist? Does that offer up enough space to thread through strap?
    It does but not easily. Very fiddly.

Naw, skip the buckle, just slide into the keepers. Thsi way the point of the strap can slip out of the keepers at some point, lift up, and reave out of the buckle. Bye-bye BB58, time to buy a new watch.

Simple.

(Yes, I’m kidding.)

I think, if I remember correctly from my standard BB, the buckle can be moved to negate exactly this problem. There's a springbar you need to remove on the buckle, then pull the strap through either way before popping the springbar back in. It might be different on the BB 58?

Found a link:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f23/tu...e-4187322.html

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I think, if I remember correctly from my standard BB, the buckle can be moved to negate exactly this problem. There's a springbar you need to remove on the buckle, then pull the strap through either way before popping the springbar back in. It might be different on the BB 58?

Found a link:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f23/tu...e-4187322.html
    No issues adjusting to size it’s the daily use of sliding the strap under the buckle. It is doable but is a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    No issues adjusting to size it’s the daily use of sliding the strap under the buckle. It is doable but is a hassle.
    Ah, sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you meant the strap wasn’t long enough to go through the keepers.

I can’t remember any problems with the BBR? But it’s been a while since I’ve owned it.

Master
    Same thing with mine. I’ve tried wearing it both ways but it came loose on one occasion, so now if I have it on the fabric strap I always tuck it through the buckle. A bit fiddly to do, but then it’s 100% secure.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Same thing with mine. I’ve tried wearing it both ways but it came loose on one occasion, so now if I have it on the fabric strap I always tuck it through the buckle. A bit fiddly to do, but then it’s 100% secure.
    That’s why I imagined would be the case. As such just take the bit of extra time to tuck it under the buckle as well.

Master

Question

Surely with the pivot point of the buckle being a bar pretty much in the centre, if you lift the end of the buckle so the other end is digging in to your wrist you’ll gain a big gap?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Surely with the pivot point of the buckle being a bar pretty much in the centre, if you lift the end of the buckle so the other end is digging in to your wrist you’ll gain a big gap?
    Yes but not as much as you would think! The positive about that is once in its very secure.